Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Two words Chiefs fans...

Default Two words Chiefs fans...

Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    My initial record was 6-10, then I changed it to 7-9. How about we meet halfway and go over/under 8.5 wins?
    Or is it just reading comprehension? ..........

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    What about 6.5?

Not that I bet on anything I don't control.... But I find it sloping interesting that you attack my confidence, despite that I have admitted to NOT being confident, while you are as.confident as can be, having labelled this game a "MUST WIN", meaning that the loss eliminates us from playoff contention.

So why would you not propose a line at your prediction, instead of at mine?

I bet (HYPOTHETICAL, OF COURSE,) you would find a bettor at 6.5 O/U.

Show YOUR confidence. I have already expressed mine.

But I have also, repeatedly expressed that I am not confident in Matt Cassel. It is only your far ended opinion that makes you think.I am.

You think he is garbage, and I think has done well and could become a very good QB.

At every turn, you fail to grasp reality, and instead invent others' opinions for them.

Matt, I answered this quote in the above post but I wanted to say this to you now that everyone is a bit more relaxed.

I just wanted you to see how much different this D is without our impact players, without Hali we did not get very much pressure on the qb with the exception of Houston which was a nice play, but that was pretyt much it. With Hali/flowers we are a 8-12 defense in the league, without them we are bottom of the barrel, I am not saying they are the whole defense but he makes up for A LOT of it, same with Flowers. It's completely night and day without them on the field.
    And how well did this defense do in the first two weeks of the 2011 season?

This IS the first week of this season, right?

DJ LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES TODAY!
    On a day like today that's not saying alot. He also made a misplay on a 3rd down that allowed the falcons to get one of there many touchdowns. Yet you won't call him ot for it. Instead all you do is whine about Cassel and Pioli.

There is no doubt Hali hurt the team Matt, no doubt about it. But the fact is we saw Pioli's guys today ON THE FIELD and it didn't turn out well. You even have to agree with me on that.
    If Hali hurt the team then why haven't you called him out like you have Cassel and Pioli? He hurt the team big time by getting himself suspended yet you give him a hall pass. You admit he hurt the team then go right into more bashing Pioli. Why does one get a hall pass one get bashed?

Cassel's track record against winning teams is bad, why should I have any faith in him? The line actually did a solid job, the fumble has actually been broken down on another forum, Cassel was holding the ball in plain view of the DE, Albert got beat but Cassel should have the pocket awareness to step up and either get rid of the ball or protect it, the fumble goes on both Albert and Cassel. Matt Cassel had a great first half, (I actually couldn't believe my eyes), but an abysmal second half. My point for months and months is Cassel isn't a qb that can lead us from behind, he isn't a qb who can go out there, sit in shotgun and make deep throws. That is why I don't think he is the guy.
    You admit that Albert got beat. Then why don't you bash him like you do Cassel Again you give one a hall pass and bash one. Do you not see the double standard there???????

But Pioli is responsible for the depth on this team, he is responsible for the coaching and Personel, when I see our team struggling wtih depth as we did last year, the blame can only go to the general manager.
    You are 100% correct here but Pioli hasn't done a bad job in KC. He has added depth to alot of spots on this team. Do you rember when your boys were running this team. 6-26. He didn't have a whole lot to work with. He can do a better job and needs to. But you don't give him credit. Instead you just point at the negitive. Mccluster is a prime example. The guy had a pretty good year last year. You say this off season that he won't play with Charles back he goes out and leads the team at WR today. You have a not so go reputation on here Orton some well earned some I think is a tad unfair. But a large part of it is that you hold only 2 people accountable. You give everyone else a hall pass. If Pioli's such a bad drafter then call bowe out when one of his picks outplay him. You don't instead the only to you mention is Cassel and Pioli while claiming that your poor reputation is because you're a "realist" A realist doesn't hold 2 people accountable and give everyone else a hall pass.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

3rd HC in 5 years.
    5th OC in 6 years.
    We need a consistent coaching staff. It's gonna take a couple years - providing we can keep our current staff.
    SHUT IT

DJ LED THE TEAM IN TACKLES TODAY! .
    Would that be similar to how Matt Cassel completed 63% of his passes, or how he had over 250 yards passing? Or would it be more like how Cassel threw for a TD, ran for another?

I know.... It is a lot like how he led the team down the field and into scoring position on EVERY SINGLE DRIVE OF THE GAME, until the fumble, which put the team down by 17, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    3rd HC in 5 years.
    5th OC in 6 years.
    We need a consistent coaching staff. It's gonna take a couple years - providing we can keep our current staff.
    I absolutely agree. And this is my biggest knock on Pioli.....

But it is actually five OCs in four seasons.

2009 - Gailey, then Haley
    2010 - Weiss
    2011 - Muir
    2012 - Daboll

I'm enjoying some of these debates regarding Cassel, Pioli, etc.

Seriously, keep 'em coming. I haven't watched the game, yet. But I will, once it becomes available via my NFL GameRewind subscription.

I'll be watching things closely, just to see how much Cassel really is to blame, like I've seen posted all over the web.

two words for a gaiders fan suck b****. j/k the secondary looked awefull today what do you expect with 3 starters out. and atlantas offensive weapons

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Seriously, keep 'em coming. I haven't watched the game, yet. But I will, once it becomes available via my NFL GameRewind subscription.

I'll be watching things closely, just to see how much Cassel really is to blame, like I've seen posted all over the web.
    Do yourself a favor and skip it Cassel is as much to blame as anyone else I will admit that but he's not alone in the blame like some are making it out to be when a game gets that bad it's never 1 person
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post

Cassel played pretty well IMO. Regarding his faults:
    He had 2 interceptions, one was caused from a tipped pass by Moeaki which was not Cassel's fault. The other was a very bad decision by Cassel that was the result of him trying to make a play because the game was slipping away. The 2nd int was entirely his fault.

Cassel's fumble was the result of getting hit on his blind side. You can thank Mr. Branden Albert for that one, again not Cassel's fault. Sean Weatherspoon made several of our OL look like school girls today. Especially in the 2nd half.

Plenty of blame to go around after giving up 40 points, but I don't think the blame lies on the offense.

Let's talk about how Atlanta WR's were routinely open. They weren't making great catches, they were WIDE open. We got zero pass rush, NONE.

Cassel will have bad games this season, but this was not one of them. The defense/DC carries the brunt of this home opener beatdown.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast