Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 85

Thread: Two words Chiefs fans...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Two words Chiefs fans...


    0 Not allowed!
    Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

    Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,479
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 369
    Given: 74

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Cassel played pretty well IMO. Regarding his faults:
    He had 2 interceptions, one was caused from a tipped pass by Moeaki which was not Cassel's fault. The other was a very bad decision by Cassel that was the result of him trying to make a play because the game was slipping away. The 2nd int was entirely his fault.

    Cassel's fumble was the result of getting hit on his blind side. You can thank Mr. Branden Albert for that one, again not Cassel's fault. Sean Weatherspoon made several of our OL look like school girls today. Especially in the 2nd half.

    Plenty of blame to go around after giving up 40 points, but I don't think the blame lies on the offense.

    Let's talk about how Atlanta WR's were routinely open. They weren't making great catches, they were WIDE open. We got zero pass rush, NONE.

    Cassel will have bad games this season, but this was not one of them. The defense/DC carries the brunt of this home opener beatdown.
    The bad defense not only hurt in the points allowed but it took us out of our offense. The game was a shoot out anyones game until we missed a field goal and they got up 2 scores when the defense is playing the way ours was and you're down 2 scores you have to start throwing more to try to keep up. The Bad defense had a bad effect on the offense as well. Cassel had some bad moments but the bad defense helped add to the bad offense in the 2nd half.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Regardless of what personnel we field next week if this "defense" gives up 35+ yet again I'd hope that Crennel names a DC. There is beginning to be a pattern here.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 09-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Do yourself a favor and skip it Cassel is as much to blame as anyone else I will admit that but he's not alone in the blame like some are making it out to be when a game gets that bad it's never 1 person

    No, I'm going to watch it. As I said before and reiterated on the Game Day thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's totally inexcusable to give up a 31 yard pass play on 3rd down and 11 and that right there could be the play that spells the outcome of this game.
    I was right. If they stop them on that play and force a punt, then it would have been a different ball game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Cassel played pretty well IMO. Regarding his faults:
    He had 2 interceptions, one was caused from a tipped pass by Moeaki which was not Cassel's fault. The other was a very bad decision by Cassel that was the result of him trying to make a play because the game was slipping away. The 2nd int was entirely his fault.

    Cassel's fumble was the result of getting hit on his blind side. You can thank Mr. Branden Albert for that one, again not Cassel's fault. Sean Weatherspoon made several of our OL look like school girls today. Especially in the 2nd half.

    Plenty of blame to go around after giving up 40 points, but I don't think the blame lies on the offense.

    Let's talk about how Atlanta WR's were routinely open. They weren't making great catches, they were WIDE open. We got zero pass rush, NONE.

    Cassel will have bad games this season, but this was not one of them. The defense/DC carries the brunt of this home opener beatdown.
    Looking forward to seeing which of the O-Lineman Weatherspoon was giving a beatdown to. I already have my suspicions.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-09-2012 at 10:26 PM.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We were missing the heart and 5 other components of our D today. They'll be fine. Tough start, but it's looking up from here.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    450
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The Chiefs did nothing today to dissmiss their stigma as a soft team.

    Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The Chiefs did nothing today to dissmiss their stigma as a soft team.
    When your top pass rusher and top cover corner are out and you have a project of a rookie nose tackle starting why would anyone find that a shock.

    Unless/until the revolving door of coaches and coordinators stops there is going to continue to be inconsistency.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,045
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 747

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    The fumble was on both Albert and Cassel
    No, it wasn't on Cassel. Albert completely whiffed on his block, and Cassel had no chance of either seeing it coming or stepping up in the pocket.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,932
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    While the Chiefs did take a pretty good whoopin yesterday, I don't think it is time to panic at all. Most of what I saw is fixable.

    1.) Hali and Flowers were greatly missed. The Chiefs could not get off the field on 3rd down. They failed to get any pressure on Matt Ryan, and he had all day to throw on 3rd down. Hali will help alleviate this some. Having Hali back will also free up Houston on the opposite side, because the Falcons gave him a lot of attention yesterday.

    Flowers' absence was very obvious, as Jalil Brown was severely outmatched.

    2.) The offense looked great in the 1st half and even to open the 2nd half. The missed field goal deflated the team, as I think even they knew they couldn't stop Atlanta. They began pressing on offense and it all went downhill from there.

    Now there is no excuse for not being able to rebound from a missed field goal though. This team needs to show a little more mental tenacity.

    Again though, these are fixable things.



    KC got into a game that they cannot play, and that's trying to keep pace with a high-scoring offense. These aren't the Vermeil days anymore. The defense has to play better to have any chance of getting a victory on Sunday.

    I am looking forward to getting the defense healthy, and I think this team is almost there. It's one loss, but there were a lot of encouraging things to take from today against a very solid Atlanta team.
    Diehard Fan Living in Packer Territory

    Co-Founder: 2 Mugs Fantasy Football -- a site about and football!

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Lake Ozark, MO
    Posts
    1,765
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    While the Chiefs did take a pretty good whoopin yesterday, I don't think it is time to panic at all. Most of what I saw is fixable.

    1.) Hali and Flowers were greatly missed. The Chiefs could not get off the field on 3rd down. They failed to get any pressure on Matt Ryan, and he had all day to throw on 3rd down. Hali will help alleviate this some. Having Hali back will also free up Houston on the opposite side, because the Falcons gave him a lot of attention yesterday.

    Flowers' absence was very obvious, as Jalil Brown was severely outmatched.

    2.) The offense looked great in the 1st half and even to open the 2nd half. The missed field goal deflated the team, as I think even they knew they couldn't stop Atlanta. They began pressing on offense and it all went downhill from there.

    Now there is no excuse for not being able to rebound from a missed field goal though. This team needs to show a little more mental tenacity.

    Again though, these are fixable things.



    KC got into a game that they cannot play, and that's trying to keep pace with a high-scoring offense. These aren't the Vermeil days anymore. The defense has to play better to have any chance of getting a victory on Sunday.

    I am looking forward to getting the defense healthy, and I think this team is almost there. It's one loss, but there were a lot of encouraging things to take from today against a very solid Atlanta team.
    I too agree that the missed field goal was more than it should have been. I mean it was a 10 point swing. However 3rd and 1 and you have charles and hillis....that play pissed me off.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,167
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 665

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    While the Chiefs did take a pretty good whoopin yesterday, I don't think it is time to panic at all. Most of what I saw is fixable.

    1.) Hali and Flowers were greatly missed. The Chiefs could not get off the field on 3rd down. They failed to get any pressure on Matt Ryan, and he had all day to throw on 3rd down. Hali will help alleviate this some. Having Hali back will also free up Houston on the opposite side, because the Falcons gave him a lot of attention yesterday.

    Flowers' absence was very obvious, as Jalil Brown was severely outmatched.

    2.) The offense looked great in the 1st half and even to open the 2nd half. The missed field goal deflated the team, as I think even they knew they couldn't stop Atlanta. They began pressing on offense and it all went downhill from there.

    Now there is no excuse for not being able to rebound from a missed field goal though. This team needs to show a little more mental tenacity.

    Again though, these are fixable things.
    Agreed. Thought the offense really stuck with them, all things considered, and I thought our running game was stronger than Atlanta's.

    Our problem was defense and 2nd half adjustments. It was pretty obvious that #11 was shredding our secondary.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nine Words Women Use...
    By Connie Jo in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 11:44 PM
  2. Three words; OH.......MY...........GOD!!!!!
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:04 AM
  3. Action speaks louder than words
    By okikcfan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
  4. A picture says a thousand words
    By tammietailgator in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 08:20 AM
  5. Eight Words with two Meanings...
    By Chiefster in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •