Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What operating system are you running?

Default What operating system are you running?

I am just interested in getting to know the different operating systems being used out there with the wide variety available right now.

XP, is still being used by many as Microsoft tries to transition users to Vista.

Also there are companies selling linux distributions on new machines, such as Dell and Lenovo.

Just trying to get a sampling of what the new norm is.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Vista Ultiate for me

Welcome to Arrowhead

My personal machine needs to be replaced (when the budget allows) but it's on Win 98 still

My work laptop is on XP Pro
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

XP Pro for me. Have used Vista Business and didn't like it.

Have also tried several of the Linux distros but here I am back at XP.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I am using the one on the computer.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I am using the one on the computer.
    Which is???
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

My youngest daughter is using a Windows ME computer (she is 5)but we are prolly going to upgrade it to XP very soon. (maybe this weekend)

Oldest Daughter is using XP Pro on her desktop but her laptop only has Win 95 (she is 8), She may end up with one of the XP laptops soon.

My Wifes Laptop is XP Home, Her Desktop is XP Pro.

One of my laptops is XP Home, One is Mac OS 10.2
    I am currently using Windows Media Center edition 2005 on one of my desktops and the other is Media Center Edition (original), This laptop is Vista Premium, I have a version of Astrumi Linux I boot to on occasion and Ultimate Boot Disk with Bart PE I use at times as well. Oooh yea and I have a palm and a phone with handheld windows operating system. I also have a Mac Laptop that the hard drive went bad I am going to install OS 10.4 if I can get a copy of the disk.

BTW these are just the computers in use, of the 35 I have stored (Maybe More by now) about 10 of those work and have everything from windows 95 to windows xp. Of the ones that dont work I have around 20 WinXP licenses on cases of broken PCs. I may even have a 3.1 box somewhere but wouldnt know where.

K Now what do I win. How much arrowcash is all that worth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    My youngest daughter is using a Windows ME computer (she is 5)but we are prolly going to upgrade it to XP very soon. (maybe this weekend)

Oldest Daughter is using XP Pro on her desktop but her laptop only has Win 95 (she is 8), She may end up with one of the XP laptops soon.

I am currently using Windows Media Center edition 2005 on one of my desktops and the other is Media Center Edition (original), This laptop is Vista Premium, I have a version of Astrumi Linux I boot to on occasion and Ultimate Boot Disk with Bart PE I use at times as well. Oooh yea and I have a palm and a phone with handheld windows operating system. I also have a Mac Laptop that the hard drive went bad I am going to install OS 10.4 if I can get a copy of the disk.

BTW these are just the computers in use, of the 35 I have stored (Maybe More by now) about 10 of those work and have everything from windows 95 to windows xp. Of the ones that dont work I have around 20 WinXP licenses on cases of broken PCs. I may even have a 3.1 box somewhere but wouldnt know where.

Nice roster there dude!

I was actually more interested in the average user who has only one main computer.

Just wanted to know how quick this Vista progression is going for Microsoft mainly.

Still a pretty impressive collection.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post

Geez dude. Trash can.

Must be nice to be able to provide a laptop to your kids though. I can't swing that kind of cash around.

Still waiting for the $150 laptop being talked about out there.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    XP Pro for me. Have used Vista Business and didn't like it.

Have also tried several of the Linux distros but here I am back at XP.

Ditto!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast