Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas

Default Ideas

A lot of people seem to be have been hanging out with Henry the VIII recently since they are calling for everyones head.

I have a simple question.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on THIS season.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on FUTURE seasons.

List the names and a brief reason why, and feel free to speculate of what direction you would go if in charge.

Management and the Coaching Staff are fair game
    You can list the type of Systems we use: I.E. 3-4 defense

People want change after week 2...lets see what simple moves/cuts would really helps us out the rest of the way.

This team didn't want to work a deal with Carr, and with a few injuries, we have zero secondary. The schemes on D seem to be awful and all romeo says is, if they do their jobs they should be fine. Great, thanks for that R. Maybe if you do your job things will be fine. But that didn't work in Cleveland either did it?

The theme for the chiefs from players to coaches. It is fine if your a failure... we will take you anyways.
    I dont think we will lose all the games but somehow we are gonna end up around the 7-9 record again.

I just hope we keep loosing out.. Romeo gets kicked to the d only and we can get a real QB to lead the team. Guarantee these games would have been easy wins with RG3 as QB or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Eli Manning or Matt Ryan or Arron Rodgers or Matt Stafford or Micheal Vick or Tony Romo or his back up Kyle Orton or Sanchez or Freaking Tim Teebow! LOL. God Matt Cassel is a joke. Idk why everyone can't see that....

Quote Originally Posted by jc25 View Post
    I just hope we keep loosing out.. Romeo gets kicked to the d only and we can get a real QB to lead the team. Guarantee these games would have been easy wins with RG3 as QB or Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Eli Manning or Matt Ryan or Arron Rodgers or Matt Stafford or Micheal Vick or Tony Romo or his back up Kyle Orton or Sanchez or Freaking Tim Teebow! LOL. God Matt Cassel is a joke. Idk why everyone can't see that....
    UGGG

So RG3 Peyton Brady Eli Ryan Rodgers Staffords Vick Romo would have played D?????????????????????????

How did playing with a bad D work for RG3 today?

MMO is that you
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

RG3 doesn't have the receiver/running game we have. The d needs improved, but if we had any of those qb's I guarantee we would win. We wouldn't give up 35 points a game if we could keep the offense on the feild for more than 10 seconds. Matt Cassel hands the ball off a couple times, throws the ball away before the play starts, and than goes to the sideline, put's his hat on and sits on the bench with his grumpy face... I am just so sick of the guy I want him gone!

If we had any defense we would win. Any QB who is trying to play catch up is going to make mistakes. Brees Almighty hasn't been able to overcome his teams bad defense, I guess he really sucks, too. Again, the whole team, especially the defense, is bad, and the boo birds come out taking shots at the one guy who is still competing and with a little help, would lead us to victory. But let's forget we have no running game and our receivers have started to wear safeties and corners like hair shirts and blame it all on Cassel. This is the stupidest, most myopic thinking I have ever seen.

Back to the point of the thread.

If I were Pioli or Hunt, here are the radical change(s) I would make:

1. Trade Bowe for a 1st round pick. This isnt because I think Bowe isnt good enough. It is more because I think Baldwin can play nearly as well as he can. Having another 1st round pick will give us a lot of room to play in this years draft, no matter how well (or poorly) we do. This change BTW, is something I have been thinking about for awhile, even before our poor showings. I think having Baldwin and Breaston with McCluster as 3rd WR OR the two TEs in gives you some dangerous receiving options with JC and/or Hillis in the backfield.

2. Give Romeo Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the defense this week, or you lose one of your jobs, if not both. Tell him if he doesnt fix it you will make Emmit Smith (or someone else the D. Coordinator ... or maybe even HC).

3. Stop abandoning the run if the other team is up by less than 14 points. We keep giving up on the run after the other team has its first score. We are a team designed around JC/Hillis. Use them! We are down by 7 or 10, so what. Keep the clock moving and dont let the defense just sit there and drop back into coverage. The Bills watched us abandon the run quickly last week, so when they were up by 7, their D went into pass rush/pass defense. The OL got beat too early for the downfield routes to develop, or the receivers were covered and no one was open.

Long Term Changes:

It is way too soon to know what we are really deficient in/what we need to replace/fix long term. Right now we know that the D "sucks" and the O cant come from behind. That tells me nothing about what to do long term (plus I have not watched much game film).

However, if we continue to not be competitive by the BYE week, and I were Hunt, I would tell Pioli his job is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    A lot of people seem to be have been hanging out with Henry the VIII recently since they are calling for everyones head.

I have a simple question.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on THIS season.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on FUTURE seasons.

List the names and a brief reason why, and feel free to speculate of what direction you would go if in charge.

Management and the Coaching Staff are fair game
    You can list the type of Systems we use: I.E. 3-4 defense

People want change after week 2...lets see what simple moves/cuts would really helps us out the rest of the way.
    Am not sure that our problems stem from the players...Am really looking more at "What can we do at this point?" without completely destroying what little team chemistry we have.

My thoughts are this...Find a DC familiar with Romeo's system and get him here. Romeo's taking on too much and it's beginning to show. Get someone in to help focus on the D.

The other thing...Take Dexter McCluster, and put him back in the punt return game. Arenas is solid, but with our cornerback situation the way it is, why risk him in the return game? I'd rather see a much larger target then McCluster out there as a reciever.

Our secondary is awful. This includes Berry. Pioli has made numerous mistakes since he's been here (Haley, Cassel, Berry just 3). Knowing Carr was on the move, we might had selected Dre Kirkpatrick with our 1st pick last year rather than a rehashed Routt that was never very good in the 1st place. Pioli just isn't doing a very good job wih this team.
    SHUT IT

either make romeo def co or higher the best DC available
    replace cassel-either draft or trade
    replace daboll, w/all of the offensive weapons we did not attempt a pass longer than 4yds untill halfway thru second qtr
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast