Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ideas

Default Ideas

A lot of people seem to be have been hanging out with Henry the VIII recently since they are calling for everyones head.

I have a simple question.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on THIS season.

Name the 3 people that if we got rid of/replaced would have the biggest POSITIVE impact on FUTURE seasons.

List the names and a brief reason why, and feel free to speculate of what direction you would go if in charge.

Management and the Coaching Staff are fair game
    You can list the type of Systems we use: I.E. 3-4 defense

People want change after week 2...lets see what simple moves/cuts would really helps us out the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jc25 View Post
    RG3 doesn't have the receiver/running game we have.
    Matt Cassel was within one yard of being the leading rusher at halftime yesterday, and Hillis gave away our would-be first half TD.

Yeah.... I think RG III has at least that solid of a running game with him in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Matt Cassel was within one yard of being the leading rusher at halftime yesterday, and Hillis gave away our would-be first half TD.

Yeah.... I think RG III has at least that solid of a running game with him in Washington.
    Don't let facts get in the way of hating Matt Cassel
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I was on the fence with the Romeo hiring. I think he is one of those people who make a Great DC but horrible HC.

I unfortunately have not watched this last game to make my own opinion but where is this team that beat Green Bay last year. Last week this team quit, and this week they didn't even show up to play.

There is talent on this team yet we have seen None of it.

I do expect this season to get turned around and become competitive but I am worried that this players coach does not hold people accountable yet makes excuses for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I was on the fence with the Romeo hiring. I think he is one of those people who make a Great DC but horrible HC.

I unfortunately have not watched this last game to make my own opinion but where is this team that beat Green Bay last year. Last week this team quit, and this week they didn't even show up to play.

There is talent on this team yet we have seen None of it.

I do expect this season to get turned around and become competitive but I am worried that this players coach does not hold people accountable yet makes excuses for them.
    I'd advise against watching the game. Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. I believe it will change those expectations you have about the season turning around. It's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    I'd advise against watching the game. Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it. I believe it will change those expectations you have about the season turning around. It's that bad.
    I wasn't planning on it. I was playing in a racquetball tournament while it was on and was looking forward to watching it afterwards. Caught a glimpse of the game in the locker room when it was 21-0. From the local media after the game, it is pretty clear it is not worth wasting any of my time watching it, but I like to see things with my own eyes before judging people.

Sounds like both lines got their buts kicked noteably Jackson on Defense then Asamoha and Lilja on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Back to the point of the thread.

If I were Pioli or Hunt, here are the radical change(s) I would make:

1. Trade Bowe for a 1st round pick. This isnt because I think Bowe isnt good enough. It is more because I think Baldwin can play nearly as well as he can. Having another 1st round pick will give us a lot of room to play in this years draft, no matter how well (or poorly) we do. This change BTW, is something I have been thinking about for awhile, even before our poor showings. I think having Baldwin and Breaston with McCluster as 3rd WR OR the two TEs in gives you some dangerous receiving options with JC and/or Hillis in the backfield.

2. Give Romeo Crennel an ultimatum. Fix the defense this week, or you lose one of your jobs, if not both. Tell him if he doesnt fix it you will make Emmit Smith (or someone else the D. Coordinator ... or maybe even HC).

3. Stop abandoning the run if the other team is up by less than 14 points. We keep giving up on the run after the other team has its first score. We are a team designed around JC/Hillis. Use them! We are down by 7 or 10, so what. Keep the clock moving and dont let the defense just sit there and drop back into coverage. The Bills watched us abandon the run quickly last week, so when they were up by 7, their D went into pass rush/pass defense. The OL got beat too early for the downfield routes to develop, or the receivers were covered and no one was open.

Long Term Changes:

It is way too soon to know what we are really deficient in/what we need to replace/fix long term. Right now we know that the D "sucks" and the O cant come from behind. That tells me nothing about what to do long term (plus I have not watched much game film).

However, if we continue to not be competitive by the BYE week, and I were Hunt, I would tell Pioli his job is on the line.
    1. Nobody would give us a 1st rounder for Bowe. Realistically, we could get a 3rd. I think we should resign Bowe since we have the space to do so. Baldwin is a freak athletically but hasn't put anything together to know for sure what we have. It doesn't help that Cassel would make Jerry Rice look like Sylvester Morris. I think a nucleus of Bowe and Baldwin and our two TE sets would be monstrous with a good qb. Breaston is just OK same with McCluster.

2. Crennel can't handle both duties. I guess we can't afford a HC, DC, and OC all at once. Crennel should just be DC IMO.

3. Thank You! I've been frustrated by this decision for a long time. ESPECIALLY when you have a home run hitter like Jamaal Charles. I could understand if you just had a grind it out 3.5 YPC back but come on...this is the most explosive aspect of our offense!

I agree, Pioli needs to be put in place in KC!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I wasn't planning on it. I was playing in a racquetball tournament while it was on and was looking forward to watching it afterwards. Caught a glimpse of the game in the locker room when it was 21-0. From the local media after the game, it is pretty clear it is not worth wasting any of my time watching it, but I like to see things with my own eyes before judging people.

Sounds like both lines got their buts kicked noteably Jackson on Defense then Asamoha and Lilja on offense.
    I swapped to redzone after the TWO 3 & long screen passes that failed in the first two drives. Then redzone would only occasionally rub it in how bad the Chiefs were doing. The worst play was the Hillis turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    1. Nobody would give us a 1st rounder for Bowe. Realistically, we could get a 3rd. I think we should resign Bowe since we have the space to do so. Baldwin is a freak athletically but hasn't put anything together to know for sure what we have. It doesn't help that Cassel would make Jerry Rice look like Sylvester Morris. I think a nucleus of Bowe and Baldwin and our two TE sets would be monstrous with a good qb. Breaston is just OK same with McCluster.

2. Crennel can't handle both duties. I guess we can't afford a HC, DC, and OC all at once. Crennel should just be DC IMO.

3. Thank You! I've been frustrated by this decision for a long time. ESPECIALLY when you have a home run hitter like Jamaal Charles. I could understand if you just had a grind it out 3.5 YPC back but come on...this is the most explosive aspect of our offense!

I agree, Pioli needs to be put in place in KC!
    1. Talent wise I think Bowe's trade value is easily 1st rounder plus. When you consider his contract status, that would bring him down a lot. Possibly to a late 1st rounder or early 2nd, maybe worse. I think given some more legitimate playing time, Baldwin will put it together. I think McCluster is very dangerous as a slot back.

Trade value is always interesting for wide receivers. Sometimes teams give up 1st rounders + extras for a guy (Roy Williams to Dallas), other times, you can only get a ham sandwich in return for some truly talented WRs (Santonio Holmes, Randy Moss).

At this point, Bowe might fetch a 2nd-3rd rounder, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We agreed never to speak of this; I told you it was an allergic reaction to NyQuil!
    You just thought it was NyQuil, when in fact it was Granny's secret home brewed medicine!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast