Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

Default cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Btw, what do you actually consider a successful season? You always seem to sarcastically critique poster's comments, if they comment negatively. And by the way the Chiefs have played since i've been on this site, they seem to be more than justified. So that brings me back to the original question. When should a Chiefs fan be justified in complaining? And when is your threshold crossed, when the team needs recognized as hOrribly failing? Seriously interested in your thoughts.
    When they eliminate themselves from playoff contention I will be down on them.

Certainly not as much as everybody is right now. But two games into the season is a ludicrous standard for throwing in the towel.

I see all these complaints from people about "they just gave up", while you people are openly announcing your surrender.

I am completely flabbergasted by the obvious irony going so unnoticed.

When Herm was here, I had extremely low expectations, and was deemed the worst pessimist on the site. But it was not pessimism. It was fair.

Now, I see what this team did in 2010, and even last year, as the injuries and coaching changes shook the very foundation of this team, and I have some confidence in our ability to rebound and overcome a rough start.

And THAT is not optimism. It is fair. I have seen what this team CAN do, so it is far from unreasonable to expect to start seeing some of that.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-18-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    When they eliminate themselves from playoff contention I will be down on them.

Certainly not as much as everybody is right now. But two games into the season is a ludicrous standard for throwing in the towel.

I see all these complaints from people about "they just gave up", wipe you people are openly announcing your surrender.

I am completely flabbergasted by the obvious irony going so unnoticed.

When Herm was here, I had extremely low expectations, and was deemed the worst pessimist on the site. But it was not pessimism. It was fair.

Now, I see what this team did in 2010, and even last year, as the injuries and coaching changes shook the very foundation of this team, and I have some confidence in our ability to rebound and overcome a rough start.

And THAT is not optimism. It is fair. I have seen what this team CAN do, so it is far from unreasonable to expect to start seeing some of that.

Here's part (maybe a large part) of the concern amongst a large portion of the fan base whether they will admit it or not. Peyton Manning is playing at a level that, given time to get comfortable with his players, is going to be on a pretty good roll as the season wears on. Rivers being 2-0, meh, but 10 games probably wins this division and dropping 2 or 3 games right off the bat is simply not going to cut it when 6 losses is close to the number you can loose max.

Romeo has a ton of experience in this league under the old CBA, however I have to question his ability under the new agreement to get his point across without being able to put them in pads and work their asses into the ground until they get it right.

I'm dissapointed that he wants to continue with two roles when the role he has made his name with is the worst performing part of this team. He is going to be HC there is zero chance of him giving that title up but for Pete's sake don't say we are going to "try" to figure this out.

As fans we have seen this same thing it is just a 180 from Haley not showing anything new with the offense in game while he was taking care of being head coach. The defense looks lost same as the offense did with Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Romeo has a ton of experience in this league under the old CBA, however I have to question his ability under the new agreement to get his point across without being able to put them in pads and work their asses into the ground until they get it right.
    Odd you say that, I was watching espn this afternoon, and the low "qbr" that they're using, and how it's guys who are 4, 5 years in, and having a slow start, and that exact thought crossed my mind... Is RAC having troubles with the new offseason workout programs?

It's a very valid question, especially when they showed RG3 and Luck 2nd and 3rd in production, behind Matt Ryan... that has had me wondering ever since.
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

Here's part (maybe a large part) of the concern amongst a large portion of the fan base whether they will admit it or not. Peyton Manning is playing at a level that, given time to get comfortable with his players, is going to be on a pretty good roll as the season wears on. Rivers being 2-0, meh, but 10 games probably wins this division and dropping 2 or 3 games right off the bat is simply not going to cut it when 6 losses is close to the number you can loose max.

I'm dissapointed that he wants to continue with two roles when the role he has made his name with is the worst performing part of this team. He is going to be HC there is zero chance of him giving that title up but for Pete's sake don't say we are going to "try" to figure this out.

As fans we have seen this same thing it is just a 180 from Haley not showing anything new with the offense in game while he was taking care of being head coach. The defense looks lost same as the offense did with Todd.
    I agree with all of that.

It is just this talk of firing everybody after two games that seems outrageously unreasonable.

Now, should this defense continue for a couple more games, then I would start demanding some kind of change at DC.

But there is nothing that can happen in the first two games of a season that would put me there.

I KNOW that this defense can play well. So I expect it to turn around.

Hopefully the offense will not drop to the same level when they do start getting their s*** together.

If the defense gets back to being better than average, and the offense improves game-to-game, then there is no reason to not believe that they can get right back into this.

As I said, I expected some.trouble getting going at first. But that was primarily the offense that I expected to need time to adjust. To a.degree, seeing that it is the defense is the problem is a relief.

We know that this defense can play tough. So the notion.that it is stuck.being horrible is unlikely. And since the offense has actually been better than I expected, I find it a very encouraging sign as well.

I am.far from some Look-Aid drinking homer regardless of what happens. And I fully understand overreaction on game day. But when it continues days later, it is indulging.

An EXCELLENT post. That about nails it. We just spotted SD a 2 game division lead in only 2 games. I agree about Manning. I would assume they will just improve. Us, on the otherhand, are lost. Every area of our team has had breakdowns, some major breakdowns. I know it's only 2 games. But there has also been a training camp and 4 preseason games, mixed in between multiple practices before the 2 regular season games even happened.That old deal of not counting anything before regular season, is crap. It's time that execution is figured out and regular season is when you implement it. All of the panic/frustration/anger/bitterness is 100% justified. Enough people on this site and in this town, see the writing on the wall for this season. We live it every year...year after year. 1994 since a playoff game? Yeah, i would say 18 years of failed pro football in this town gas earned the right for people to sound off loudly. Yes, 13-3 regular seasons are beautiful. But if you get knocked out 1st round in your own house, those are failures and THEN some.
    There is a guy at work that offered a bet to a guy today $50 for this weekends game and he would take the Chiefs straight up, no points. That Chiefs fan represents hope. The other Chiefs fan that TOOK the offer represents reality. Take your pick who stands to win that bet.
    And thanks for the good post, 31.

No.

It's simply that we are 0-2, and everybody has lost their mind as if we were 0-100.

0-2.

That is two whole games into the season. Two whole games.

And the insane turnaround against this team implies that the season is long since over. It is not. It just started.

How about a little bit of true realism? I had this team going 10-6, after an 0-3 start to the season. So this team is right on track for the division title, the way I saw it prior to the start of the season.

I am certainly not the one jumping off the bridge with overreaction here.

I have my worries. But I am not the kind of guy who reacts to each game as if that is the absolute.best that could ever be expected, and that it is time to fire everybody and go back to drafting in the top five just because we lost two.games.
    do you know how hard it is going be to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start. good luck history proves that we are in for a long year

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    do you know how hard it is going be to make the playoffs after an 0-2 start. good luck history proves that we are in for a long year
    I am not positive, but I don't recall having overestimated a Chiefs win total since maybe 2003.

All we need to do is get a couple of wrinkles ironed out on offense and figure out what the **** is going on with that defense, and we will start winning.

Winning is how you get into the postseason.

I may sound like an optimist at the moment, but that is not really who I am.

Now WRONG....... Well, that is a possibility.

and we are not just barely losing we are getting BLOWN OUT i think that is the biggest concern

I am not positive, but I don't recall having overestimated a Chiefs win total since maybe 2003.

All we need to do is get a couple of wrinkles ironed out on offense and figure out what the **** is going on with that defense, and we will start winning.

Winning is how you get into the postseason.

I may sound like an optimist at the moment, but that is not really who I am.

Now WRONG....... Well, that is a possibility.
    "All we need to do", huh?.....if it was that simplified, we shouldve made the "all you need to do" adjustment after the Atlanta embarrassment. Why didn't Crennel make that adjustment????? Lol
    Seriously, im for people keeping it up. Complain, complain, and complain more after that. Being passive after all these years, isnt the formula anymore. Demand the business to improve its product NOW. Or don't buy the product anymore. I just finally got a chance to read the sports page (i think i've been avoiding it all day) and I see Crennel has blamed it on the players. I think thats being a tad lenient on the coaching staff.
    And the naysayers can all be wrong, too. Unfortunately, we are the odds on favorite to be right
    Last edited by KCraised; 09-18-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    and we are not just barely losing we are getting BLOWN OUT i think that is the biggest concern
    And that is the defense, which is the one area of this team that I trust to be able to pull it together.

But.... I understand being upset about the first two games. It's just that the demands for firings are not wise decisions.

If it is done out of protest, then it should come with a sense of sarcasm. And I don't see that. I think it is done out of rage. And there is nothing rational about rage.

But I have seen some sense of cooling rage today. Too bad I have The Chiefs dropping to 0-3 in few more days.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast