Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Good, Bad and Noteworthy From the Saints Game

Default The Good, Bad and Noteworthy From the Saints Game

Good:

1. The playcalling - I was glad to see the OC stick to the running game late in the game, even though we were down. This is what I was asking for last week. The big runs by Charles worked because the defense was getting worn down.

2. The defense in the 2nd half. Both the pass defense and run defense was outstanding in the 2nd half (I couldnt watch the 1st half). The only 2 2nd half scores that NO got were after turnovers and with a short field. The run was getting stuffed up the middle by the DL, and the DL was also occasionally giving a pass rush. Id like to see more frequent pressure on the QB, though.

3. Good job by the OL, even with Hudson out. The line was doing a decent job in both pass and run protection. Not great, but decent.

4. Arena is getting close to breaking some punt returns. All around the special teams looked better.

Bad:

1. Inability to SCORE in the redzone. We need to get more TDs and less FGs.

2. Either WRs werent getting open or Cassel couldnt find them. Without looking downfield it is hard to tell.

3. Bowe had another easy drop that could have been critical. We were able to overcome it, but that deep pass should have been caught.

4. Judging from what Mccluster's injury looked like, he is probably out 6-8 weeks minimum.

Noteworthy:

1. Jeff Allen played well as Guard.

2. Hillis was missed. Im hoping he just pulled a muscle and will be back this week.

3. Baldwin is making more of a presence in the passing game. I hope it continues.

4. Lilja did a great job at C. Hudson's loss was not as noticeable.

i have to disagree With One Thing. Hillis was not missed. It seems to me that charles And draughn got more touches and look at the result.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    i have to disagree With One Thing. Hillis was not missed. It seems to me that charles And draughn got more touches and look at the result.
    Did you notice how tired Charles was in the 4th quarter? He was maybe getting every other play off. The 2nd big run he had would have been a TD, but JC didnt have that burst to sprint past the safety. If he had more of a break, I think he may have been able to break another one, or maybe be more effective out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Did you notice how tired Charles was in the 4th quarter? He was maybe getting every other play off. The 2nd big run he had would have been a TD, but JC didnt have that burst to sprint past the safety. If he had more of a break, I think he may have been able to break another one, or maybe be more effective out of the backfield.
    A have a friend that is a Saints fan. He said they let him have almost 300 yards so he would be tired when the game went into OT
    WE need to score in that redzone though and I hate Cassel's new throw the ball really high idea as it hasnt been working out well this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    A have a friend that is a Saints fan. He said they let him have almost 300 yards so he would be tired when the game went into OT
    WE need to score in that redzone though and I hate Cassel's new throw the ball really high idea as it hasnt been working out well this season.

New idea? I've rarely seen him throw the ball any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    New idea? I've rarely seen him throw the ball any other way.
    Last season I dont remember the receivers having to jump up high to get it... because when they do the DEF just

I was not all that pleased with the play calling. The dropped pass that was reversed for a TD. Poor defensive call. They left a guy completely unguarded for an easy TD if caught.

Throwing the ball on first down for an incomplete, then a run for 2 yards makes it very difficult having 3rd and 8 every play. Maybe run more on first, or hit a quick hit to the receivers for a few yards for a 2nd and 5 would be nice every once in a while.

I also do not like playing for a TIE. I was so pissed off with Romeo yesterday when the Chiefs had the ball with 2 minutes left in the game and they were okay settling for a field go and going to over time. They had a chance to win it and didn't care. That does not sit well with me. I know in the end they won, but I don't like the theory of playing not to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Last season I dont remember the receivers having to jump up high to get it... because when they do the DEF just
    Cassel was really off this game. At first I thought he was throwing it high just because Bowe and Baldwin were that much taller, but when he did it to McCluster and then over threw two long passes. He just isn't used to throwing those balls which is why he would prefer to dump it off to the flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Cassel was really off this game. At first I thought he was throwing it high just because Bowe and Baldwin were that much taller, but when he did it to McCluster and then over threw two long passes. He just isn't used to throwing those balls which is why he would prefer to dump it off to the flat.
    I'm glad someone agreed with me about that.

His throws always look high in my opinion. Hardly ever does he hit a receiver in stride for good yardage after the catch. Of course it also doesn't help when your receivers drop 6 of the passes thrown.

Brady and Flacco last night looked to be on a whole other level above Matt Cassel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast