Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

Default cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott

Unfortunately the trepidation I had about Crennel has come to pass. We are Cleveland II. But I think we can win and win a lot with the players Pioli has assembled-this is about the coaching and system. As far as replacement coaches, I have no idea. The folks I would consider wouldn't come back to coaching. I know there's supposed to be a lot of assistants and coordinators that are good, but I don't know. I think we give Crennel a chance to right the ship. But our defense is truly awful.

Romeo got the job becasue he beat Greenbay. Other than Jeff Fisher who realistically was out there that Pioli could hire without upsetting the many fans who wanted Romeo. I didn't like the hire, but really didn't have one guy out there that I thought was a clear cut better choice.

Pioli is micromanaging the team to death, if you ask me. Haley was without an OC after we unceremoniously trashed Chan Gailey, and now Romeo has no DC since getting promoted.

There's just too much going on in the game these days to ask one man to cover two spots like that. It's not like we can't afford to get someone, either.

I'm starting to get the sinking feeling this team is being run like the Royals: as a business, not a ball club. Oh sure, they'll bring in one or two half-assed FAs for us all to get excited about, then hoard the rest of the money, leaving us perennially way under cap room. The optimists will say, "they're just waiting to spend it in (x year)" but they won't. And if you ever get fed up with it and stop buying tickets or refuse to approve a tax levy to build their new roof, they'll pack up and move.

I hope I'm wrong.

In cash spending Pioli says we are +$20 million over the cap. Now what the difference between cash and the actual cap I have no idea but here's the link.

Pioli says Chiefs can turn around after 0-2 start - KansasCity.com

That guys eyes brown?

He's so full of sh*t they should be.
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    In cash spending Pioli says we are +$20 million over the cap. Now what the difference between cash and the actual cap I have no idea but here's the link.

Pioli says Chiefs can turn around after 0-2 start - KansasCity.com
    I believe the salary cap only considers players salaries. The other number refers to what we have to pay out in bonuses, whether it is signing bonuses (which sometimes are split over multiple years), bonuses for showing up to OTAs, minicamp, stat bonuses for various players in different positions, etc. I think (i may be wrong on this) that the end of year bonuses from last year are included in this year's cap.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    To start.... You state "think outside the box", while citing Dungy, Cowher, Gruden and Fisher?

Coaches.don't come back from the booth by the way.

But honestly......

IT HAS BEEN TWO GAMES!!!!!!

I think a whole lot could be gained if most of you would grab.a paper bag and take a few breaths from it.

The defense simply can not stay this bad. And the offense has been overall competitive.

If we give the blocking a little bit, then they too will steady their performance.

Cassel has been the lone bright spot so far. So I am not about to bother with that ridiculous argument right now.

But if the defense gets it's act together, and Daboll figures out how use JC, there is no reason not to expect that this team can get right back on track within a couple of games or so.

But all of this talk of making yet more disruptions to the.team's consistency is just ridiculous.

For that matter, how wise is it currently looking to have fired Haley?

No..... There is.nothing you can say, so long as you are already losing your mind trying to destroy this team, that can justify firing Todd Haley.

Seriously.... Just calm down a bit.
    Chief31, always the opimist. We could be 0-100 and we should hold the course...lol. There's always (whats the next year?) 2013-2014, right?

Btw, what do you actually consider a successful season? You always seem to sarcastically critique poster's comments, if they comment negatively. And by the way the Chiefs have played since i've been on this site, they seem to be more than justified. So that brings me back to the original question. When should a Chiefs fan be justified in complaining? And when is your threshold crossed, when the team needs recognized as hOrribly failing? Seriously interested in your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Chief31, always the opimist. We could be 0-100 and we should hold the course...lol. There's always (whats the next year?) 2013-2014, right?
    No.

It's simply that we are 0-2, and everybody has lost their mind as if we were 0-100.

0-2.

That is two whole games into the season. Two whole games.

And the insane turnaround against this team implies that the season is long since over. It is not. It just started.

How about a little bit of true realism? I had this team going 10-6, after an 0-3 start to the season. So this team is right on track for the division title, the way I saw it prior to the start of the season.

I am certainly not the one jumping off the bridge with overreaction here.

I have my worries. But I am not the kind of guy who reacts to each game as if that is the absolute.best that could ever be expected, and that it is time to fire everybody and go back to drafting in the top five just because we lost two.games.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-18-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast