Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

Default cowher,gruden,dungy somebody

just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    There is a whopping two games to suggest that we are not headed in the right direction.

Missing the playoffs by a single game in 2011, especially considering the whopping effect of all the injuries, and winning the division the prior season are pretty far from.proving that this team is not heading in the right direction.
    I work in management of a highly intense, and fast paced business. We will net millions this year, but we could do so much more if we were properly staffed. I *know* what confusion looks like, and it looks like the Chiefs defense. That's micromanagement at its friendliest. You just can't ask a head coach to also run the entirety of another department. The Lombardi days are gone forever. Romeo struggled as a head coach the last time he had an opportunity, so please, PLEASE tell me why, Mr. Blue Sky, he would have any more success head coaching AND running the defense at the same time?

There's a reason that Derrick Johnson has gone from one of the best coverage linebackers in the league to one of the worst. There's a reason that our defense as a whole is scrambling to figure out their assignments on nearly every play. There's a reason we went from being formidable on defense to giving up big plays at will. You CAN NOT run a skeleton crew in this league. You CAN NOT ask a coach to work two jobs anymore than you can ask Brandon Flowers to cover *both* X and Y receivers at the same time, and you CAN NOT expect to win a championship when you're blatantly understaffed.
    Last edited by PawnshopMarimba; 09-19-2012 at 07:43 PM.

One half is not good enough. Cassel has always been a one good half QB unless we're up the entire game.When adversity comes his way he crumbles. All I expected this year from Pioli and company was a QB that can compete for the starting job weather Cassel started or not. That's what Crennel promised when he took over. IT NEVER HAPPENED. Our season is riding on one QB. The one thing I was most afraid of if CASSEL FAILED. I seen this coming. We have no one good enough to replace right now! WHY??

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    just look at how much better of a team the stl rams look like from one move. yeah i am talking about the hiring of jeff fisher. now look at our coaching staffs of late. what a joke. the reason crennell was hired was because he was polar opposite of haley. not because he was an up and coming star coach or because he was a proven succesfull veteran coach. also the main reason he was hired is because he was part of pioli's family patriot tree. talk about making a brash decision. think outside the box scott
    You can't discount the impact a coach can have on a franchise...both good and bad. St. Louis is going to be a quality team for a while to come (maybe not a true contender, but better than the joke they've been for the last few years). I'm not sure there's another sport where coaching has as much impact as it's seen in football.

I hate to say this... so don't jump me for a non-direct comparison here but....

This is why there is the crew, and/or crew chief swap in nascar. Sometimes it is as simple as 2 guys aren't capable of saying something in the same context as each other. You trade for another guy, and can light up both teams that were struggling (say you take crew chief from car 1, and put him with car 2, take car 2's crew chief, and put him with car 1) due to something as simple as lack of communication.

So, in that stance, if a head coach can't communicate the message in a way the players can understand, the players will not be able to convey the message, will appear lost, and we end up with the piss poor product on the field that we've seen.

I really like RAC, but I think he's bitten off too much. Hopefully we can get some help for him, and start pounding some opposing offenses
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

I agree with this. I think sometimes a coach has to have that fire like Todd Haley had. Soemtimes. Not all the time or else you can also lose the respect of the players. If Romeo Crennel can't motivate his palyers then this team is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    I work in management of a highly intense, and fast paced business. We will net millions this year, but we could do so much more if we were properly staffed. I *know* what confusion looks like, and it looks like the Chiefs defense. That's micromanagement at its friendliest. You just can't ask a head coach to also run the entirety of another department. The Lombardi days are gone forever. Romeo struggled as a head coach the last time he had an opportunity, so please, PLEASE tell me why, Mr. Blue Sky, he would have any more success head coaching AND running the defense at the same time?

There's a reason that Derrick Johnson has gone from one of the best coverage linebackers in the league to one of the worst. There's a reason that our defense as a whole is scrambling to figure out their assignments on nearly every play. There's a reason we went from being formidable on defense to giving up big plays at will. You CAN NOT run a skeleton crew in this league. You CAN NOT ask a coach to work two jobs anymore than you can ask Brandon Flowers to cover *both* X and Y receivers at the same time, and you CAN NOT expect to win a championship when you're blatantly understaffed.

Ah... So it is flat out impossible?

See, I was unaware of that. But... Basically, I believe that it can be done because it actually happens.

We have a few HCs in The NFL doing it right now.

And I am not convinced that it is impossible for Romeo to succeed as a HC just because he didn't do it in Cleveland. If that were proof that you are destined to always be a failure as a HC, then The Patriot have some explaining to do to the science world.

Now.... I am not saying that I know Romeo WILL find a way to succeed. But I know that it is not impossible.

It is inarguable.

I just don't get how I am the only one here who is not giving away all my belongings in preparation for ongoing rapture.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Ah... So it is flat out impossible?

See, I was unaware of that. But... Basically, I believe that it can be done because it actually happens.

We have a few HCs in The NFL doing it right now.

And I am not convinced that it is impossible for Romeo to succeed as a HC just because he didn't do it in Cleveland. If that were proof that you are destined to always be a failure as a HC, then The Patriot have some explaining to do to the science world.

Now.... I am not saying that I know Romeo WILL find a way to succeed. But I know that it is not impossible.

It is inarguable.

I just don't get how I am the only one here who is not giving away all my belongings in preparation for ongoing rapture.
    Oh I get it. A new offense....several key defensive players either hurt or suspended. Buffalo has had our number, and atlanta is a quality team. I wont be worried untill the bye weak. New Orleans is a winnable game and we always play san diego tough at home.

I have a bunch of NO and KC guys up in fantasy this week, i think it's going to be a free-for-all with no defense on either side lol (at least i hope so)
    this might be that game that we stumble through, but win, and the team realizes that they can beat people, and maybe a little momentum.

i sure hope so anyway

I dont think saints is a winnable game. Their more hungry than us and their at home. We loos 14-35.

unless you believe nfl network, they showed it as an away game for both teams LOL have no clue where we're gonna play it... maybe StLouis?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast