Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cassel's Stats (This years version)

Those numbers are unfortunate. Sorry gang, I guess I would have more to say if I was not just so beaten down by this team.

I can't even watch this weekend.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Those numbers are unfortunate. Sorry gang, I guess I would have more to say if I was not just so beaten down by this team.

I can't even watch this weekend.
    Oh I'll watch. I'll get up bright and early, hang my flag, prepare my feast and sit down to watch with enthusiasm and an optimistic outlook.

Halfway through the first quarter, after we've had a fumble and an interception which lead to 14 points for NO plus a good long drive in which they gash our defense for 80 yds in 7 plays, I'll begin to feel sick, turn the TV off and go find something productive to do.

Problem is he is our starter at least this season...and it gets worse if it we move to the backups

Quote Originally Posted by aasimon View Post
    Cassel is the poster-child for why no team should invest heavily in another team's backup and expect them to be a starter.
    While there is truth to this, there are also cases like Matt Schaub (Falcons to Texans), Matt Hasselbeck (Packers to Seahawks), Mark Brunell (Packers to Jaguars) and Aaron Brooks (Packers to Saints) that worked out.

Not to say it works out in a good percentage, but cases like Schaub are why teams keep trying.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    While there is truth to this, there are also cases like Matt Schaub (Falcons to Texans), Matt Hasselbeck (Packers to Seahawks), Mark Brunell (Packers to Jaguars) and Aaron Brooks (Packers to Saints) that worked out.

Not to say it works out in a good percentage, but cases like Schaub are why teams keep trying.
    Farve to the Packers, I think that was the most successful.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I didnt know that... I looked it up seems he was traded for a 1st round pick that got them Tony Smith... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Other than Favre, I wouldnt call those other ones "successful." Brunell had some success, but I was never really that impressed by him. Hasselbeck has never been able to stay healthy enough to take his team anywhere significant. Brooks always seemed like a game manager type as well.

Jury is still out on Schaub. He seems like a great QB, but it seemed like the Texans did fine without him for part of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Other than Favre, I wouldnt call those other ones "successful." Brunell had some success, but I was never really that impressed by him. Hasselbeck has never been able to stay healthy enough to take his team anywhere significant. Brooks always seemed like a game manager type as well.

Jury is still out on Schaub. He seems like a great QB, but it seemed like the Texans did fine without him for part of last year.

The texans came on strong last season with TJ yates playing qb, they get to the afc championship if not farther is schaub is playing.

I would say Len Dawson who was a back up for two teams and was released before he was picked up would be a good example of one teams backup going to another and doing okay.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I would say Len Dawson who was a back up for two teams and was released before he was picked up would be a good example of one teams backup going to another and doing okay.
    Is it a problem that you can really name only one success story ROUGHLY every decade. TO me that isnt that great, the guys enter the league as a backup for a reason

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast