Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Wished We Had Kyle Orton

Default Still Wished We Had Kyle Orton

I remember when Kyle Orton took over the offense it looked so much better than with Matt Cassel.

Yep! Ireally didn't care for either that much, however Orton made our OL look like a bunch of pro bowlers.

No use crying over spilled milk, as whats done is done.

Orton would be a better option than Cassel. He seemed to have more "football sense" than Cassel did with his ability to sustain drives. It seems Pioli is hell-bent on Cassel leading this team - as it was his decision to make him our franchise QB. This was just another of Pioli's mistakes since he's been here. I think Pioli let Orton go to eliminate a probable QB controversy. It seems Pioli is more interested in covering up his mistakes than putting a winner on the field. Harsh, maybe, but thats how I see it.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Orton would be a better option than Cassel. He seemed to have more "football sense" than Cassel did with his ability to sustain drives. It seems Pioli is hell-bent on Cassel leading this team - as it was his decision to make him our franchise QB. This was just another of Pioli's mistakes since he's been here. I think Pioli let Orton go to eliminate a probable QB controversy. It seems Pioli is more interested in covering up his mistakes than putting a winner on the field. Harsh, maybe, but thats how I see it.
    Uh, Remember when we claimed Orton last year. He basically he openly showed his displeasure with the Chiefs picking him up and basically held himself out a couple days making it almost impossible for him to be ready to play that week yet alone the following week.

He didn't want to be here.

And to be honest, while I instantly saw the difference between the two in how they read progressions. He is still very inconsistent and has one good game followed with 2 average to bad games. He played good against Green Bay, but then tanked the following weak against Oakland when the Chiefs had a chance to make the play offs and threw two interceptions and struggled to help the offense move the ball.

Picking between Cassle and Orton is basically picking your poison. They both will probably give you the same type of production through out the year.

What is this weird fascination that some Chiefs fans have with Orton? He had exactly one passing touchdown for us and choked every other time he went to the red zone. He didn't even want to be in KC. What makes that so much better than our current mediocre QB? Is it simply an "anyone but Cassel" mentality?

Quote Originally Posted by OxDeadface View Post
    What is this weird fascination that some Chiefs fans have with Orton? He had exactly one passing touchdown for us and choked every other time he went to the red zone. He didn't even want to be in KC. What makes that so much better than our current mediocre QB? Is it simply an "anyone but Cassel" mentality?
    The difference was in Orton's ability to sustain drives allowing our defense some badly needed rest. The fact that Orton kept drives alive long enough to get us into the red zone won me over.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The difference was in Orton's ability to sustain drives allowing our defense some badly needed rest. The fact that Orton kept drives alive long enough to get us into the red zone won me over.
    I am not sure what you saw from Orton that leads you to believe that, but the Chiefs ran 96 plays yesterday. I would say Cassel kept drives alive just fine. He just failed to finish them.

Yeah.... It sure would be great to have that 13 PPG (19 max in thee games) over the current 23 PPG.

We sure would be better off with ten fewer points per game.

Orton is garbage. He got nothing done after the Packers game. I'm not Pro Cassel, he needs to go. I'm just anti-trash.

Why not wish for Joe Montana or something, Orton's gone and he didn't want to be here in the first place.
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast