Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can this team be saved with what we already have?

Default Can this team be saved with what we already have?

If I was Pioli, I would make the following changes in an attempt to turn this thing around with what we already have on this roster:

Coaches -
    HC: Jim Zorn
    OC: Maurice Carthon
    DC: Emmitt Thomas

Offense -
    QB: Brady Quinn
    RB: Shaun Draughn
    FB: P. Hillis
    C. : R. Hudson
    LT: B. Albert
    RT: E. Winston
    LG: J. Allen
    RG: D. Stephenson
    TE: T. Moeaki
    WR: J. Baldwin
    WR: D. Bowe

Defense (back to 4-3) -
    DT: D. Poe
    DT: J. Powe
    DE: G. Dorsey
    DE: T. Jackson
    LB: T. Hali
    LB: J. Houston
    LB: D. Johnson
    SS. E. Berry
    FS: A. Elam
    CB: B. Flowers
    CB: J. Arenas

Obviously, bring in Charles for Draughn when he is healthy, or use a combo of both. And, of course, get McCluster in there for 3 wide receiver sets, and maybe even to return kicks.

After 2 consecutive blowout losses - why not?
    SHUT IT

No Brady Quinn
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I agree we are better suited to run a 43 from the players natural abilities. After this week no matter the outcome IMO its still too early to implode the system we have been building for four offseasons. Pioli should demand we have seperation between HC and DC if there is not a tangible change this week.

Make it interesting... IR Toribo and Wylie and sign Albert Hayneworth and Plexico Burress
    Plexico and the chiefs - YouTube
    Lets see Bowe do that! (joking)

Fire Daboll. Leave the current offensive scheme in place, let Zorn be the new OC.

Put Berry in the normal strong safety spot instead of this hybrid position he is in now, his knee isn't 100% and he's too slow right now to recover from being out of position.

Bench Cassel. Play Quinn for 3-4 games, if he cannot win, then go down the line on the bench and see if anyone can play the position. If you cannot find a winning QB on the roster, that's fine, draft one in the first round.

Fire Pioli now. Not at the end of the season, right now. Hunt need to make a statement to the fans, it needs to be immediate and it needs to be a big, I ****ed up and I'm sorry and I admit it and Pioli is gone.

Trade Bowe for draft picks. The guy is an idiot.

Dear Dwayne Bowe, there is a giant number on your shirt that lets everyone know who just caught the irrelevant pass, we do not need you to point to the name on the back of the jersey. As a matter of fact, unless you're going to point to the name with the same fervor every time you DROP a pass, how about you just skip the ritual completely.

Love,
    the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I agree we are better suited to run a 43 from the players natural abilities. After this week no matter the outcome IMO its still too early to implode the system we have been building for four offseasons. Pioli should demand we have seperation between HC and DC if there is not a tangible change this week.

THIS I am really down on Romeo right now just as I was Haley Romeo clearly didn't learn the lesson that you need a DC it's to much in todays game for most coaches to be 2 things. It was to much for Haley I am real disappointed that he is remaining DC
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

The biggest problem on O for the Chiefs is Cassel followed by the OL. The realization that Cassel is nothing more than a glorified back is setting in. Looks like the Raiders and Chiefs are heading towards the Matt Barkley sweep stakes.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    Dear Dwayne Bowe, there is a giant number on your shirt that lets everyone know who just caught the irrelevant pass, we do not need you to point to the name on the back of the jersey. As a matter of fact, unless you're going to point to the name with the same fervor every time you DROP a pass, how about you just skip the ritual completely.

Love,
    the fans.
    I couldn't agree more. Dwayne needs to shut up and act like he's been there before. BTW, you are getting paid to catch balls. Why don't you point to your name every time you make a nice downfield block. I'd actually be OK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The biggest problem on O for the Chiefs is Cassel followed by the OL. The realization that Cassel is nothing more than a glorified back is setting in. Looks like the Raiders and Chiefs are heading towards the Matt Barkley sweep stakes.
    Does anyone else see the irony in a RAIDERS fan telling us what is wrong with the Chiefs offense! Seriously, go fix your own **** team.
    Last edited by Coach; 09-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Way too early to blownthings up IMO. Plus we dont have the personnel for a 4-3. Dorsey and Jackson are NOT DEs in a 4-3 they are DTs. IF we went to a 4-3, the DEs would be Hali and Houston. Remember Hali is a converted DE.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I couldn't agree. Dwayne needs to shut up and act like he's been there before. BTW, you are getting paid to catch balls. Why don't you point to your name every time you make a nice downfield block. I'd actually be OK with that.

Does anyone else see the irony in a RAIDERS fan telling us what is wrong with the Chiefs offense! Seriously, go fix your own **** team.
    I figured since this thread is about the Chiefs, I would add my observations. Tell me, how did I bash the Chiefs in my comment?

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast