Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What bothers me most about our 0-2 start

Default What bothers me most about our 0-2 start

What bothers me most about the poor start to this season is that it seems almost all Chiefs fans have started HOPING for immediate firings, instead of hoping for this team to get their act together.

Two games from our new HC, and everybody wants to rebuild rather than win.

Talk about the team giving up? Ridiculous.

Talk about the players quitting? No, no, no.

It is the fanbase who are giving up LOOOONG before the game is over.

And THAT is what bothers me far more than Romeo's failure to handle the job he demanded so far.

Well the team has been failing since the last playoff win in the 90's which it is about to be two decades. To put that in perspective my brother was BORN the same year we won that playoff game... he finished high school and is going in the military. THAT is how long ago it was... so to say the sky is falling every year isnt much of a stretch since it has been falling for a while, the descent varies but I think they do need a spark and what better position then QB.
    For me what really sells me on a team is "that" play. Two years ago when McCluster or Charles got that ball at the MNF you saw a will and desire to win that game and they did. They also won several other games but when they lost that drive (the Raiders game). It didnt even look like the same team when it was done. I want to believe in my team, I want them to win but playing like you dont care isnt going to get a win. When Charles got into the open against the Falcons he was chased down... he didnt have that same intensity he had 2 years ago. I would LOVE to be wrong about this I would even write you a handwritten apology note and send it to you but we all know when they start looking bad they ALWAYS look bad. Arrowhead addict had an interesting point that for the past 9 seasons now if we lose that first game we lose the season(part of what is wrong with the team).
    I think while you have jerks on both sides of the my team is good or my team sucks argument, more arguments arise when the guys that say the team looks bad get hassled for saying they are less of a fan. I think everyone here INCLUDING MMO are a true Chiefs fan BUT they all see problems and what it fixed to see the teams true and AMAZING potential because it would be foolish saying an 0-2 is looking good.

It's been almost 2 decades since we had a legit good team, not one that .500'd its way into the playoffs simply due to everyone else in the west being more terrible than us. Sh*t or get off the pot. It's been long enough.
    If you guys are okay to sit and watch ANOTHER losing year, as the stats show an 0-3 start means the team WILL NOT GO TO THE BIG GAME (and that is what it's all about, right?) this year, and we had all this hooplah about the dynamic and great team we have assembled, loaded for bear...etc

I want to know who is responsible, and then make them pay for their mistake. Be it fix that issue, NOW, or take a hike. That is what my JOB demands of me.
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

Well my problem is like others have said it has been so long since we won a game that matters it is discouraging to see the season start just like many of the recent failures. If this team does not do something I am going to die before I see them win another SB I mean how many of you were even alive the last time they won it and if you were alive do you remember it? The Chiefs are getting to be a lot like the Royals and you know they are out of it a month into the season.

The only saving grace is next year the Chiefs HAVE to spent the cap money or lose it anyway so maybe we will not be the team with the second lowest pay scale. With that said why did we not spent that money on players?

Don't get me wrong I love the Chiefs and they are MY team no matter what but I to am very discouraged the way this team has started the season. I was on the road the first two games and was listening to the first game on my Sirius radio and turned it off by halftime and was following the second on the computer and left again at halftime to go sight seeing. It is pretty bad when both games were over at halftime.

We need a QB I have been a Cassel supporter until this year but he has proven he is not a top flight NFL QB and if you do not get one you will not win in today's NFL.
    Last edited by N TX Dave; 09-23-2012 at 02:18 PM.

^ This guy right here gets it!
    KC Chiefs Maybe we'll get out of our own way someday.

No number of seasons matters THIS YEAR.

Now.... I think we all saw some of what we wanted to see today. The first half looked like more of the same, but we saw the defense come to life today, and we saw JC being JC.

If we get that defense to play like they did once they woke up today, and get what we expect from JC from here on out, I know that Cassel can lead that team to a lot of wins. Because THAT Chiefs team today became what they are designed to be. A defensive team that runs the ball well and controls the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Fair point, I know I've definitely been in the "sky is falling" camp this week. It's not been the last two weeks, it's been the last 5 weeks. 5 straight games of blowout losses. Over the last 5 games we've been outscored 174-75. We've given up an average of 35 pts/game. I know it's "Pre-season", but these guys have been getting pushed around in the trenches for over a month. The reason I'm so disappointed is because I expected this defense to be great, not good. Instead, they are tied for the worßt defense in football after two weeks.

There is no toughness on this defense. They are just going through the motions through two weeks. I expect to see a COMPLETELY different attitude today otherwise I think Romeo will be forced to choose whether he wants to be HC or DC.
    I am of this camp as well. The problem here is not that we started slow THIS season, it is just that this team has never really showed that they are getting any better. We have good games, but we continually show that we are outplayed, outprepared, and defeated by some teams we should be able to beat if we are going to be a respectable team.

These blow out losses just seem to be typical and in some ways acceptable. There are teams out there that can consistently come from behind and win, this team is not that team. The fact we came from behind to win the game is a rarity, it shows that this team knows how to do it, but it is extremely rare.

We need to be a better team, right now, the weakest link still seems to be QB, I hope Cassel can get it together.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12