Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What bothers me most about our 0-2 start

Hybrid View

Default What bothers me most about our 0-2 start

What bothers me most about the poor start to this season is that it seems almost all Chiefs fans have started HOPING for immediate firings, instead of hoping for this team to get their act together.

Two games from our new HC, and everybody wants to rebuild rather than win.

Talk about the team giving up? Ridiculous.

Talk about the players quitting? No, no, no.

It is the fanbase who are giving up LOOOONG before the game is over.

And THAT is what bothers me far more than Romeo's failure to handle the job he demanded so far.

The fans are getting tired of waiting, and when early failures happen, the get a little irritable. Myself included. It is what it is. Patience is not what fans have. Its win now.

when you get blown out the way we have what do you expect. this is the second year in a row the chiefs have started the season UNPREPARED and gotten spanked.neither of these two games have even been competative. and you think the COACHING staff would have addressed it and imphasized the need to not let it happen again this year. comes down to poor coaching and bad general managing both years. after all that is the coaches job is to have his team prepared

No matter how ugly things look at the start, I expect the fans to not be quitters.

I expect a genuine desire to win. Not to give up right out of the gates.

I expect those who are so happy to call out the players and coaches for an inadequate effort to show at least half as much desire to win.

I expect the fans to want to start to win, not to throw in the towel after round one.

I have the impressions that Chiefs fans are the biggest band of quitters of any fanbase in sports.

What do I expect?

I expect Chiefs fans not to give up at the first sign of trouble.

If the players were to do this, then they would be shamed to the whole world.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-23-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Well said coach
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No matter how ugly things look at the start, I expect the fans to not be quitters.

I expect a genuine desire to win. Not to give up right out of the gates.

I expect those who are so happy to call out the players and coaches for an inadequate effort to show at least half as much desire to win.

I expect the fans to want to start to win, not to throw in the towel after round one.

I have the impressions that Chiefs fans are the biggest band of quitters of any fanbase in sports.

What do I expect?

I expect Chiefs fans not to give up at the first sign of trouble.

If the players were to do this, then they would be shamed to the whole world.
    What bothers me most about the poor start to this season is that it seems almost all Chiefs fans have started HOPING for immediate firings, instead of hoping for this team to get their act together.

And THAT is what bothers me far more than Romeo's failure to handle the job he demanded so far.
    Couldnt agree more! REP

Good to see people taking your side here, chief. You can't start asking for heads on pikes before anybody's even had a bye week. It's been bad, I know, and the schedule is daunting. But the fans who are genuine will be here, hoping. And if you're really looking for someone to get fired, just wait. Clark isn't the sentimental type his dad was.

I'm sick of the rebuilding and its a long year mentality. How about you win games now and actually put in the effort on the field. We have the talent but I see no fight or effort from the players whatsoever.

If its a blow-out and we go to 0-3 the season is over but we will probably get the same BS like 'the season is 16 games long'.

What disappoints me most about the 0-2 start is Scott Pioli going on record saying he thinks Romeo is doing a good job.

My expectations are quite a bit loftier than ol scooters aparently.

Fair point, I know I've definitely been in the "sky is falling" camp this week. It's not been the last two weeks, it's been the last 5 weeks. 5 straight games of blowout losses. Over the last 5 games we've been outscored 174-75. We've given up an average of 35 pts/game. I know it's "Pre-season", but these guys have been getting pushed around in the trenches for over a month. The reason I'm so disappointed is because I expected this defense to be great, not good. Instead, they are tied for the worßt defense in football after two weeks.

There is no toughness on this defense. They are just going through the motions through two weeks. I expect to see a COMPLETELY different attitude today otherwise I think Romeo will be forced to choose whether he wants to be HC or DC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast