Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB

For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    My recollection of the injury is that DMC jumped and turned to catch the ball. As he straightened his body out and was coming down, his feet were not directly under him. As he was going down, he put his arm out to catch himself and try to stay up and keep moving. The force of his body falling was too much in the wrong direction and his elbow bent the wrong way.

Just wanted to clarify. He hurt it not from the catch so much as from how he landed/trying to stay up.

Here is (surprisingly) the only video I can find of the injury online. It comes at roughly 2:04 seconds and doesnt show the catch, just the attempt at staying up. Obviously if you are queasy about seeing limbs bending the wrong way, you may not want to watch it.

That is the first time I've seen that and have only one thing to say about it...OUCH!!!!!

*edit***

Someone already answered my post;)
    Last edited by KCraised; 09-25-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I do agree that Cassel gets blasted for WAY WAY to much but this time I just think he needs to be blasted. My memory of the play was that Mccluster went up got that ball came down and right away goes down grabing his elbow. I think it's clear that he hurt it adjusting to that ball IMO. (My memory could be off on it though) Then the throw to Bowe where he ended up doing a flip in mid air Bowe could have been really hurt on that and we would be without 2 weapons because of bad throws from Cassel. I think any fan base would be upset with there qb if that happened in 1 game. I have been one to defend Cassel the first 2 weeks this week I'm going to be one that is not happy with his play. I said in defending him that I would say when I thought Cassel was hurting the team and Yesterday I think he hurt the team so I am staying true to my word. I don't hate him I'm not going to say cut him. But I do think if this putting the wrs in harms way keeps happening and we are losing guys because of it then yes we need to see if someone else can do the job better.

Other Qbs make mistakes like that true doesn't make it acceptable. I don't really complain about any of it from other QBs because there not Chiefs QBs I really don't pay as much attention to those QBs and those teams as I do the Chiefs.
    Actually yes... That fact of how ridiculously common it is DOES make it acceptable. Not good. But definitely acceptable.

I think you are just buckling to the anti-Cassel pressure with this.

McCluster got hurt because of Dexter McCluster, not Matt Cassel.

And trying to make a play to Bowe, who almost got hurt doing THE EXACT SAME THING, is quite reasonable. We were down and trying to get back into the game. You take some extra chances in that situation.

If he didn't take a chance, then he would have been the worst ever for that.

When the rest of this team does even a reasonable job, it will show in Matt's play.

While he did look sloppy, he made a lot of big plays to help this team win.

He is not lighting it up. And it's the fumbled that are my biggest complaint.

But he has played well enough win three games, if the defense o-line and running game had been doing even fair through the first two weeks.

I think Thursday pass protection will improve week by week. And I hope the defense has found what was missing. And well.... JC sure made it look like the running game is back.

The more the rest of this team gets their feet beneath them, the more I will expect from Matt Cassel.

But so far, I see considerable improvement from Matt, over where he was a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Actually yes... That fact of how ridiculously common it is DOES make it acceptable. Not good. But definitely acceptable.

I think you are just buckling to the anti-Cassel pressure with this.

McCluster got hurt because of Dexter McCluster, not Matt Cassel.

And trying to make a play to Bowe, who almost got hurt doing THE EXACT SAME THING, is quite reasonable. We were down and trying to get back into the game. You take some extra chances in that situation.

If he didn't take a chance, then he would have been the worst ever for that.

When the rest of this team does even a reasonable job, it will show in Matt's play.

While he did look sloppy, he made a lot of big plays to help this team win.

He is not lighting it up. And it's the fumbled that are my biggest complaint.

But he has played well enough win three games, if the defense o-line and running game had been doing even fair through the first two weeks.

I think Thursday pass protection will improve week by week. And I hope the defense has found what was missing. And well.... JC sure made it look like the running game is back.

The more the rest of this team gets their feet beneath them, the more I will expect from Matt Cassel.

But so far, I see considerable improvement from Matt, over where he was a year ago.
    Not buckling to the Cassel hate at all I just think that Cassel had some off moments in the game sunday and it hurt the team. Even the greats have games like that. Cassel IMO had one Sunday. I'm not saying bench him I'm not saying that he sucks I'm just saying that if this becomes a trend we need to look at options. Since I defended Cassel the first 2 weeks if I didn't call him out when IMO he had an off game I would be no different from MMO and some other haters. And its been a while since we were on opposing sides of an issue I was starting to get worried

Now in saying that something I should have mentioned is that Cassel did have some moments that did help. He took us down the field at the end and gave us the chance to tie and win the game.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

More hate from me this week. His turnovers hurt the team BIG TIME. He wasn't alone but He did more to hurt the team then help today. I think it's time to bench number 7 MAYBE quinn can do better. Is it likely no but how do we no it can't happen unless we give him a shot in a real game. Number 7 isn't doing the job so what's the harm
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

So its official now?

SO why did Quinn fail as a pro QB? Was it that everything going through Cleveland fails, or what? Time for Cassel to get lost, maybe Quinn will not suck as bad

matt cassel doesnt need to be fired. well perhaps he does, but not for the reasons i think most people feel.

matt cassel needs SERIOUS DEVELOPMENT! the kid has some talent, but his pass accuracy and timing is awful! these things could BE FIXED.

things that are harder to fix are knowing how to handle pressure. cassel has a problem with that, but he seems to be getting used to having his life threatened on nearly every play.

In a vacuum, yeah this all looks like its cassels fault. But who's the guy responsible for teaching this guy!?!? wheres the flippin coaching? under weis, cassel was making strides stepping back 3 steps and firing quick and firing fast. and he was a much more accurate, more effective quarterback for it.

So whos in the trenches working with him on improving this ongoing problem that is not getting any better!? If that guys not doing the job, whos responsible for getting someone in there who will!?

This is an utter coaching failure from top to bottom.

This team, cassel included, has talent (a lot of it). but its so unprepared during gametime that its literally an embarrassment to the game.

i want to see coaches proverbial head rolls.

Jim Zorn is "that" guy.

are you kidding me. Theyve brought in 5 offensive coordinators to work with him and he still sucks. Hes had 5 years to improve and he still sucks. Get outta here. You thinks its the coaches fault he sucks. Its there fault hes on this team still.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast