Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB

For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    matt cassel doesnt need to be fired. well perhaps he does, but not for the reasons i think most people feel.

matt cassel needs SERIOUS DEVELOPMENT! the kid has some talent, but his pass accuracy and timing is awful! these things could BE FIXED.

things that are harder to fix are knowing how to handle pressure. cassel has a problem with that, but he seems to be getting used to having his life threatened on nearly every play.

In a vacuum, yeah this all looks like its cassels fault. But who's the guy responsible for teaching this guy!?!? wheres the flippin coaching? under weis, cassel was making strides stepping back 3 steps and firing quick and firing fast. and he was a much more accurate, more effective quarterback for it.

So whos in the trenches working with him on improving this ongoing problem that is not getting any better!? If that guys not doing the job, whos responsible for getting someone in there who will!?

This is an utter coaching failure from top to bottom.

This team, cassel included, has talent (a lot of it). but its so unprepared during gametime that its literally an embarrassment to the game.

i want to see coaches proverbial head rolls.
    I am not sure all of this can be laid at the feet of the coaches. Cassel has been tough, he has been asked to do a lot and he has really tried his best. It is unfortunate, but his best is just not enough. I really wanted it to be different, I really did, but I have not seen any improvement for this kid since he came through the doors.

There are two opposing arguments on this:

1. The coaches he has have not trained him to get better.
    2. He has had new coaches and new schemes almost every year since he has been here.

Honestly, we have seen both issues and neither of them have helped. We have hired and fired coaches over how well this team has played. Cassel has never been that guy that can take the game, place it on his shoulders and carry it home, he has always needed others for that. He is not a good quarterback, but he is the best we have.

So we are stuck now. Honestly, I think the problem with Cassel has been that he has played behind a horrible offensive line for so long that he hears and feels a pass rush even when there isn't one. I think teams have figured out that if they rattle his carge early, that he will give up. It certainly seems the case now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

im no cassel defender, honestly. ive never been a big fan. but he was rather successful under ONE of the past 5 offensive coords. but hes playing this season with absolutely no control over the game. no timing on the routes. every throw he makes he sits and holds and waits for some deep ball to materialize that usually never does. when he does he overthrows. when he completes theres a holding penalty.

This is very different than how he was playing back in, say 2010. his passes were quicker. his tempo was good. he got the ball out (usually) quick enough to avoid a lot of heat coming at him. he wasnt perfect then yeah. but the dude CAN win, he just needs to be heavily groomed. hes not a mature, head strong star quarterback like a peyton manning, for instance, he needs some serious discipline and guidance. consistent as well. you cant say that after 4 years and 5 different coaches he doesnt feel like hes basically 'on his own'.

Quote Originally Posted by iratefan View Post
    im no cassel defender, honestly. ive never been a big fan. but he was rather successful under ONE of the past 5 offensive coords. but hes playing this season with absolutely no control over the game. no timing on the routes. every throw he makes he sits and holds and waits for some deep ball to materialize that usually never does. when he does he overthrows. when he completes theres a holding penalty.

This is very different than how he was playing back in, say 2010. his passes were quicker. his tempo was good. he got the ball out (usually) quick enough to avoid a lot of heat coming at him. he wasnt perfect then yeah. but the dude CAN win, he just needs to be heavily groomed. hes not a mature, head strong star quarterback like a peyton manning, for instance, he needs some serious discipline and guidance. consistent as well. you cant say that after 4 years and 5 different coaches he doesnt feel like hes basically 'on his own'.
    He also had an easy schedule(look up 2010) that season ANY hard team or winning team normally beat him that year.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456