Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,759
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 78

    Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB


    0 Not allowed!
    For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,759
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Blaming Cassel for McCluster's arm giving out?

    This is just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

    And wait, there's more. He led a WR into some traffic? Yeah. Tom Brady was tying to attend some of his WRs' funerals in the next few days too.

    There is no QB who does not lead his receivers into some traffic sometimes. And Cassel has been no worse about that than any QB.

    He was looking sloppy yesterday, despite the countless extended drives he helped sustain.

    But the great lengths that some people will go to to try and add unwarranted blame on the guy is laughable.

    Like it or not, and even though JC was the obvious spark plug, Matt Cassel was a big part of how this team came back to win yesterday.

    And prior the second half of yestrday's game, he was the only part of this team that was doing anything at all.
    I have to disagree about not putting blame on Cassel for Mccluster he got hurt while making the adjustment to the ball. If the ball is thrown well then he doesn't have to make the adjustment to the ball.

    The one to Hillis I don't think was on Cassel after seeing the play again.

    I don't hate Cassel and I have defended him all year but there were times Cassel's poor throwing was putting guys in harms way. Bowe also could have been hurt on one of them. That can't happen if this continues I think giving Quinn a shot to see if he can do better isn't such a bad move. I don't know that Quinn would but If Cassel isn't getting better then you never no what if any Quinn can do.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I have to disagree about not putting blame on Cassel for Mccluster he got hurt while making the adjustment to the ball. If the ball is thrown well then he doesn't have to make the adjustment to the ball.

    The one to Hillis I don't think was on Cassel after seeing the play again.

    I don't hate Cassel and I have defended him all year but there were times Cassel's poor throwing was putting guys in harms way. Bowe also could have been hurt on one of them. That can't happen if this continues I think giving Quinn a shot to see if he can do better isn't such a bad move. I don't know that Quinn would but If Cassel isn't getting better then you never no what if any Quinn can do.
    Yes. Obviously, when a player makes a catch, and snaps his arm making a move afterward, that is definitely the QBs fault.

    And again, Tom Brady was getting his receivers BLASTED yesterday, and every QB in The NFL does it, with yesterday being the first time I have ever heard that complaint about Matt Cassel. Which is saying a whole lot, considering the endless complaining that he has had aimed at him for everything from poor defense, to abortion law.

    I have seen every QB that I have EVER seen play miss far worse on a dump pass like that.

    McCluster is the reason that McCluster got hurt.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    Not as ridiculous as the pass McCluster had to leap into the air to catch. But hey, it was a 60 yard pass so you cannot get all that upset about the accuracy. O wait, it was a 5 yard dump pass. Well, c'mon, not every QB in the NFL can hit a target from that far away.
    Oh yeah. A slightly off target dump pass, like every NFL QB has thrown, is such a rarity. It only happens about once per game, or more, regardless of teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    How is someone supposed to take your point of view serious when you compare Cassel to Brady? Maybe we're not watching the same games, maybe you're not watching other teams play. I have never seen a QB at the professional level stare down his receivers and put them in harms way with bad passes as consistently as Matt Cassel.
    I don't ever want YOU to take me serious. If you do, I will have to rethink where I have swayed to.

    Tom Brady got his receivers absolutely DEMOLISHED several times yesterday. And I am listening to people complain because he threw a pass to his receiver, who caught the pass, and then broke his arm trying to make a move afterward, with no defender near.

    By THAT standard, Cassel is the better QB.

    Every QB to ever play a couple of games has thrown a few ugly passes. And they have all led their receives into heavy traffic.

    Matt Cassel, who gets criticized by Chiefs fans for even his TD passes, has never been criticized for that before.

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    He didn't look sloppy, he looked like his normal self. The Saints have an attempt at a brend/don't break defense. They typically are happy to let you move down the field on them and they tighten up in the red zone, limiting you to a field goal attempt. This works fine for them because when their offense is clicking, they are putting up 40 points. So yeah, he sustained drives against a defense designed to allow it.



    I agree with you on this. Cassel was a great big part of it. Without Cassel they wouldn't have been so far behind.



    I guess to 2 of 6 Succop field goals in the first half don't count. Don't get me wrong, I love the flash back to the Nick Lowry days but I balk at applauding the QB for his inability to lead the offense into the end zone.

    I don't understand the Cassel defender/apologist reflex.

    I don't dislike Cassel, I don't think anyone questions his desire.

    What is also unquestionable is that he lacks the abilities that a team needs in a starting QB. Forget the superbowl, this team isn't going to win a playoff game with him at the helm.

    The Chiefs are not doing themselves or us any favors trying to pretend otherwise.
    And when Drew Bees does what Cassel did yesterday, he is a hero. When any other QB does it, he is a hero.

    He was called names because The defense gave up 75 points in the first two games.

    He was trashed because he was sacked by an unblocked guy around from his blind side.

    He was trashed because Moeaki slapped the ball to a defender.

    He was trashed because Peyton Hillis fumbled the football at the goalline.

    He was trashed despite the fact that he was one yard shy of leading the team in RUSHING at the half. (No running game.)

    And this week he is trashed because Dex hurt himself.

    I could handle some real world complaints. I have some myself.

    But it is this total reversal of reality that has me shaking my head.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,759
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 78

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yes. Obviously, when a player makes a catch, and snaps his arm making a move afterward, that is definitely the QBs fault.

    And again, Tom Brady was getting his receivers BLASTED yesterday, and every QB in The NFL does it, with yesterday being the first time I have ever heard that complaint about Matt Cassel. Which is saying a whole lot, considering the endless complaining that he has had aimed at him for everything from poor defense, to abortion law.

    I have seen every QB that I have EVER seen play miss far worse on a dump pass like that.

    McCluster is the reason that McCluster got hurt.
    I do agree that Cassel gets blasted for WAY WAY to much but this time I just think he needs to be blasted. My memory of the play was that Mccluster went up got that ball came down and right away goes down grabing his elbow. I think it's clear that he hurt it adjusting to that ball IMO. (My memory could be off on it though) Then the throw to Bowe where he ended up doing a flip in mid air Bowe could have been really hurt on that and we would be without 2 weapons because of bad throws from Cassel. I think any fan base would be upset with there qb if that happened in 1 game. I have been one to defend Cassel the first 2 weeks this week I'm going to be one that is not happy with his play. I said in defending him that I would say when I thought Cassel was hurting the team and Yesterday I think he hurt the team so I am staying true to my word. I don't hate him I'm not going to say cut him. But I do think if this putting the wrs in harms way keeps happening and we are losing guys because of it then yes we need to see if someone else can do the job better.


    Other Qbs make mistakes like that true doesn't make it acceptable. I don't really complain about any of it from other QBs because there not Chiefs QBs I really don't pay as much attention to those QBs and those teams as I do the Chiefs.

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,122
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 139

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    My memory of the play was that Mccluster went up got that ball came down and right away goes down grabing his elbow. I think it's clear that he hurt it adjusting to that ball IMO. (My memory could be off on it though)
    My recollection of the injury is that DMC jumped and turned to catch the ball. As he straightened his body out and was coming down, his feet were not directly under him. As he was going down, he put his arm out to catch himself and try to stay up and keep moving. The force of his body falling was too much in the wrong direction and his elbow bent the wrong way.

    Just wanted to clarify. He hurt it not from the catch so much as from how he landed/trying to stay up.

    Here is (surprisingly) the only video I can find of the injury online. It comes at roughly 2:04 seconds and doesnt show the catch, just the attempt at staying up. Obviously if you are queasy about seeing limbs bending the wrong way, you may not want to watch it.


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,971
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    No better option?

    There's a first round QB sitting on the bench who never had a chance to play a football game with the kind of talent around him that Cassel is determined to send to the ER every Sunday.

    It's obvious to everyone that Cassel isn't good enough. The option is to keep doing the same thing every week expecting a different outcome (insanity), or move on and find out what you DO have. Give Quinn a chance, if he doesn't get better, give Stanzi a chance.

    The trickshot guy cannot do worse than Cassel.
    You have no sense of reality if you think Stanzi or the Trickshot guy can do not worse than Cassel. Really. Have you seen these two actually play. Did you see Pre-season. Did you watch them practice by Chance.

    Heck Alex Tanney at practice didn't even go throw the ball with the QB's when they worked on passing routes Instead he went to the 7 on 7 and handed the ball off to the running backs.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    231
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Here is the McCluster play


    I wonder how Quinn would do with the starters AND I wonder how Tanney would be if we gave him a shot.

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Drunken State
    Posts
    4,009
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You have no sense of reality if you think Stanzi or the Trickshot guy can do not worse than Cassel. Really. Have you seen these two actually play. Did you see Pre-season. Did you watch them practice by Chance.

    Heck Alex Tanney at practice didn't even go throw the ball with the QB's when they worked on passing routes Instead he went to the 7 on 7 and handed the ball off to the running backs.
    If these guys are as bad as you say they are, why are they on the roster?
    SHUT IT

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,971
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    If these guys are as bad as you say they are, why are they on the roster?
    Tanney is not on the roster. He was misteriously injured before cuts and placed on IR. I expected him to be put on the PS before he was put on IR.

    Quinn is on the roster to be a back up. If he was a starter he would have stuck in Cleveland then Denver before coming to KC.

    I am not saying Quinn is horrible, but after watching him in pre-season and camp. He is well behind Cassel and will not improve this teams chances.

    If there was a more viable option at QB, Stanzi would go. I highly doubt he makes the team next year unless he improves his game awareness. Right now the game is way to fast for him.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 23

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Cassel really needs to be the clutch QB that NFL loves to have and fans.
    October Skies!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Cassell Hating thread!!!!!
    By Sn@keIze in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
  2. Just a thought about hating.
    By hermhater in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 12:10 AM
  3. Raider-hating at it's best
    By stlchief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •