Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB

For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well, no excusing some of the ugly passes today. But he was not terrible on the day.

Managed nothing in the redzone. But he did move us down the field a lot. And he came up big in few rough situations.

Overall a poor showing. But I am not trying to hang the guy for it.

I still think we have been putting him in positions where he trying to fit a share peg into a round slot. Run and rely on defense is what we train for and we have slammed ourselves out of tjhat from poor performances.

Although, each game that passes without him showing what we need is wearing on me.

Yeah, more of the same from Cassel. I actually do feel sorry for the guy. He wants to do right so bad. But, he better get those passes corrected....

We will never win the Super Bowl without a quarterback, Cassel is not that guy right now. Maybe later, but not now.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Cassel is who he is. I really don't see the guy getting any better after 6 years in the league.
    SHUT IT

The play he made to scramble and throw across the field to pick up the first down late was outstanding. Other than that though, a very poor showing for Cassel. He put his receivers in a lot of bad situations today. Poor McCluster. Hope to see him back soon. He was starting to finally find his own in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    The play he made to scramble and throw across the field to pick up the first down late was outstanding. Other than that though, a very poor showing for Cassel. He put his receivers in a lot of bad situations today. Poor McCluster. Hope to see him back soon. He was starting to finally find his own in the slot.
    He almost got Dwayne-I'll drop an easy pass- Bowe hurt also.

its the nfl chief31. We will always be put in situations where he has to come out of his norm but he cant do that. Sometimes the qb has to scramble or throw the long ball. cassel is too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, no excusing some of the ugly passes today. But he was not terrible on the day.

Managed nothing in the redzone. But he did move us down the field a lot. And he came up big in few rough situations.

Overall a poor showing. But I am not trying to hang the guy for it.

I still think we have been putting him in positions where he trying to fit a share peg into a round slot. Run and rely on defense is what we train for and we have slammed ourselves out of tjhat from poor performances.

Although, each game that passes without him showing what we need is wearing on me.
    No doubt we are built to run. Everyone else it seems, is built to score via the pass, (at least be able to) then salt the game away via the run. It's the nature of the league now-the passing game. 3 redzone trips? all FG's. It's just my opinion that that will not get it done on every Sunday. I find I'm asking myself-are we built to run because we are limited to that scheme?

We have a couple, three pretty good receivers. We won't have them if Matt keeps throwing balls where they are so extended and then get plowed.

Today they got 'er done!! they did not quit, they showed there is some dog left in them. If I was giving a game ball-it goes to the D/ and Charles. Houston was an animal today also.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Right about that. Hope good news on McCluster
    Dislocated Elbow

Yeah gonna have to agree with most of this. On the INT it looked like draughn was wide open and had plenty of room to run. And man he hits mccluster in stride who knows what would have happened instead mccluster gets bloody hurt.

I don't see how playing quinn will hurt us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast