Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

Hybrid View

Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB

For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Indeed, I agree 100%. Cassel must step up or STEP ASIDE. There is no two ways about it.

Mitch and Lenny were repeatedly talking about passes not being thrown anywhere close to being accurate when Cassel was being given reasonably good pass-protection.

I just don't think he is the guy to take them to next level, where they will have post season success.

And a REC, BTW.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 09-23-2012 at 06:19 PM.

I'm on the same page. But Cassel has the huge contract. He'll play until he gets hurt.
    SHUT IT

Step stools for all recievers!
    Man, he came off looking like a hero after that chinese firedrill he was running around in the backfield, sweet panicked spinmove, and found a receiver....well done, Matthew, well done *golf clap*

There is no better option as you know and he made some throws like the one just mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    There is no better option as you know and he made some throws like the one just mentioned...
    No better option?

There's a first round QB sitting on the bench who never had a chance to play a football game with the kind of talent around him that Cassel is determined to send to the ER every Sunday.

It's obvious to everyone that Cassel isn't good enough. The option is to keep doing the same thing every week expecting a different outcome (insanity), or move on and find out what you DO have. Give Quinn a chance, if he doesn't get better, give Stanzi a chance.

The trickshot guy cannot do worse than Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    No better option?

There's a first round QB sitting on the bench who never had a chance to play a football game with the kind of talent around him that Cassel is determined to send to the ER every Sunday.

It's obvious to everyone that Cassel isn't good enough. The option is to keep doing the same thing every week expecting a different outcome (insanity), or move on and find out what you DO have. Give Quinn a chance, if he doesn't get better, give Stanzi a chance.

Yes, a first round QB that should have never been taken in the first round who came out of one of the most overhyped college football programs in the nation (and we are ND fans in my house except when they play Navy). There is a reason he had the embarassing drop down the draft boards. He is horribly inaccurate. If he were playing, we would have a lot more interceptions that arent because of tipped passes, but sheerly passes thrown errantly. Cassel isnt the most accurate, but he usually is fairly conservative and doesnt throw passes into the hands of defenders like Quinn did. Yes, I know he did that this weekend, but it is not usual for him to do that. Quinn is not that answer to anything other than trivia questions about Notre Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    No better option?

You have no sense of reality if you think Stanzi or the Trickshot guy can do not worse than Cassel. Really. Have you seen these two actually play. Did you see Pre-season. Did you watch them practice by Chance.

Heck Alex Tanney at practice didn't even go throw the ball with the QB's when they worked on passing routes Instead he went to the 7 on 7 and handed the ball off to the running backs.

Here is the McCluster play

I wonder how Quinn would do with the starters AND I wonder how Tanney would be if we gave him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You have no sense of reality if you think Stanzi or the Trickshot guy can do not worse than Cassel. Really. Have you seen these two actually play. Did you see Pre-season. Did you watch them practice by Chance.

Heck Alex Tanney at practice didn't even go throw the ball with the QB's when they worked on passing routes Instead he went to the 7 on 7 and handed the ball off to the running backs.
    If these guys are as bad as you say they are, why are they on the roster?
    SHUT IT

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast