Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Hudson Out for the Season - Sent to IR

Default Rodney Hudson Out for the Season - Sent to IR

This is a pretty big blow to the O-line. I'm guessing it will continue to be Lilja sliding over to center and Jeff Allen at LG.

Source: https://fr.twitter.com/adamteicher/s...86495320674304

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Even though CB depth is noticeably suspect, the depth on the o-line is certainly going to be tested, and the draft for such is looking very wise right now.
    You got that right. I got a kick out of those crybabies posting around the web right after the draft like they had crapped in their diapers because the Chiefs went O-Line in rounds 2 and 3. Both of us know, however, it was long overdue & it was the right thing to do. The draft is NOT about fantasy football.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I think it was BrDempsey who said it, and I agree in full... But I think Lilja is far better suited for the Center position.

I hope he keeps up the good work.
    Yes, I did say that. This puts Lilja in a better position all the way around. Against 4-3 defenses, he can deal with LB's one-on-one or help the Guards out on a double-team, and against the 3-4, he's going to get help from one of the Guards. Center is clearly the best place for him at this stage in his career.

It's unfortunate, regarding the injuries to Hudson and McCluster, but the Chiefs aren't taking it in the shorts with Allen being elevated to starting LG, and Baldwin getting more extensive playing time ( and you have to wonder why Baldwin didn't see more extensive action in the first 2 games ). Those are instant upgrades to their Offense.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    It's unfortunate, regarding the injuries to Hudson and McCluster
    McCluster actually turned in a limited practice yesterday, so I don't think the injury was as serious as it looked fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    McCluster actually turned in a limited practice yesterday, so I don't think the injury was as serious as it looked fortunately.
    Notwithstanding, they still need to have Baldwin on the field more. McClusters size is still a liability, and he is prone to getting hurt. Baldwin was tearing it up in camp & with Cassel having a habit of throwing the ball high, it's logical to have the bigger receiver out there most of the time.

Maybe moving Lilja will be a blessing in disguise.

I have my eye on Baldwin this week. I thought he turned in a good performance last week. Hoping he can take another step forward. He was a 1st rd pick that could help this team a lot. This would also be a good time for Wylie to get healthy now that McCluster may not be available.

Apparently the team has considered bringing Wiegmann back out of retirement. He came in and talked with the coaching staff after Hudson's injury:
    Chiefs talk to former center - AFC West Blog - ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Apparently the team has considered bringing Wiegmann back out of retirement. He came in and talked with the coaching staff after Hudson's injury:
    Chiefs talk to former center - AFC West Blog - ESPN

As good as he was, I just don't think that he would be a good pick up. He probably has not been working out much and we have a whole lot of new unfamiliar faces that he has not played nor practiced with. Not to mention I'm sure it would only be for this year and our rookies need big time playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Exactly! We needed to be drafting the o-line in the early rounds for the last three or four years IMO.
    +1. Imagine where we'd be if we hadn't have drafted Allen or gotten Winston in the free agency. My hope is that Stephenson starts getting some reps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    +1. Imagine where we'd be if we hadn't have drafted Allen or gotten Winston in the free agency. My hope is that Stephenson starts getting some reps as well.
    Yup! It all starts up front!

I thought Lilja did well at C today. Allen got beat badly a couple times, but otherwise was ok, good for a rookie making his first start. Especially when you consider before today SD only gave up 70yds/game rushing on D. Winston looked horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

I'm sure Cassel wishes we had not gotten these two, as most fans would still think Cassel was the answer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast