Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Post Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

I am absolutely not defending Matt Cassel because yes he needs to go but I hope you are ready to start the petition for the back ups when they are even worse...The Chiefs answer to the QB woes are not on this team!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChiefs View Post
    Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?
    Apparently you weren't watching the preseason when Quinn looked god awful against a starting defense. And that was preseason when he wouldn't see a full defensive playbook.

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?
    I get it that people like Stanzi, he's a cult hero. Move on. Stanzi looked bad against #2's and couldn't beat out Quinn. Stanzi isn't the answer.

3) Trade.
    For who?!? Vince Young, David Garrard or some other no name QB who can't hold a job in the NFL or stay on a team? Yeah that's a great idea!

Bottom line is as much as I dislike Cassel and want him off the field for a better QB a better solution simply doesn't exist. Hate on by all means though.

Solution:
    Draft Geno Smith, if you haven't watched him, looked at his stats or know that he's on the Heisman watch then you need to investigate. He's an absolute beast! Over 80% passes completed, 1700 yards this season (656 against Baylor this Saturday for 8 TD's) and 20 TD's with 0 INT's. Did I mention that the guy has touch on the ball too? I watched him throw a 45 yard TD strike that caught the guy in stride as he waltzed into the end zone. The heck with Landry Jones or a hyped Matt Barkley!!

Well not that I disagree with you one bit, the game yesterday was a pathetic excuse for a professional team, but it is forefathers not four fathers, you usually only have one father. I usually don't say anything about grammar or spelling but if you want a petition be taken seriously it needs to be grammatically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    I am absolutely not defending Matt Cassel because yes he needs to go but I hope you are ready to start the petition for the back ups when they are even worse...The Chiefs answer to the QB woes are not on this team!
    Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry? Bench the snapper whose only job is to put the ball on the target for kicks. Bench all of the coaches.

Last time I checked, Cassel had Zero to do with the Chargers going right down the field and scoring on the opening Drive. This team is under performing something aweful and the only variable single variable is the coaching.

While everyone may want to hang Cassel, replacing him won't fix a dang thing. It is time for Romeo to go. This team plays with Zero urgency. The whole entire team has his laid back approach in everything they do. Can't tell you how many times the team how hums it from the huddle to the line. Both sides of the ball. There was numerous times the Defense was not even set by the time the play is snapped including the very first TD. It was snap and throw, TD... When you are down by 17, you may want to put a little more urgency in your offense to get the ball moving instead of killing the clock.

Then don't go saying, I don't know why the whole team was off and saying things like it is not our team character to turn the ball over. What team have you coached all year.

i am first in line to buy cassel a bus ticket out of town, BUT we have no better replacement for this year. use the remainder of this years games to right as many team wrongs and plan for his 2013 replacement.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Well not that I disagree with you one bit, the game yesterday was a pathetic excuse for a professional team, but it is forefathers not four fathers, you usually only have one father. I usually don't say anything about grammar or spelling but if you want a petition be taken seriously it needs to be grammatically correct.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not going to put my name on something that isn't properly presented.

Geno Smith for future consideration, another RG III ??

WVU senior 6'3 235

was 45/51 686 yds 8 tds 0 int saturday

has not thrown less than 64% completions over 4 years

looks loke the real deal, worth watching the rest of this year...
    Last edited by chiefnut; 10-01-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChiefs View Post
    Petition:

...And you would replace him with, oh let me guess, MyManOrton right?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast