Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Post Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

Cassel will not be benched. Romeo has orders from headquarters.
    SHUT IT

Default The Stronghold

Matt Cassel needs pass protection. Our O-line looked liked ****. Maybe is cause S.D. has a great front 7. Maybe..... But for you to call out Cassel like he hasen't gave his heart to this team is wrong. Its only been 4 games. And we are 1-3. (Not good) There are still 12 games left in the season. He's still working out the kinks in the offense. Thats what leaders do. I say keep Cassel as our starter. Give him another 4 games. If he keeps throwing INTs, then yeah. I say bench him. But 4 more games seems right to me.

On another note, we still look good, I will never lose faith in our beloved CHIEFS.

Eagle bull ur blinded as i was. Iv always watched every game every snap till the end of the game since for like 15 years and now i just record it and if its good il watch it if not il iust delete it. Not going to let the chiefs ruin my day cuz pioli cant swallow his pride and bench cassel. Throw stanzi in there andblet him gain experince so next year we can have him as back up woth some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And you would replace him with, oh let me guess, MyManOrton right?
    David Garrard

Cassel has had 4 years to get acclimated as a starting QB and this is the best we are going to get from him. Our back ups should be given the same opportunity to see what we really have in them. Cassel has gotten worse and worse. We're wasting valuable time on a QB that isn't going to get any better. WTF are we hoping to see week after week with him. Even if he has one good game it doesn't reflect on him as a QB for the entire year. I rather not see him have a good game as it only justifies to Pioli that he should be our starting QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post
    Matt Cassel needs pass protection. Our O-line looked liked ****. Maybe is cause S.D. has a great front 7. Maybe..... But for you to call out Cassel like he hasen't gave his heart to this team is wrong. Its only been 4 games. And we are 1-3. (Not good) There are still 12 games left in the season. He's still working out the kinks in the offense. Thats what leaders do. I say keep Cassel as our starter. Give him another 4 games. If he keeps throwing INTs, then yeah. I say bench him. But 4 more games seems right to me.

On another note, we still look good, I will never lose faith in our beloved CHIEFS.
    He's had 4 years. Another 4 games isn't gonna provide Cassel some magical ability to turn himself into a servicable NFL QB. Pioli made a serious error in judgement by bringing a backup QB here and giving him 60 million dollars. I don't blame this situation on Cassel. He has the heart, just not the ability. I blame all this on Scott Pioli. He screwed up big time with Haley and Cassel. As I read in a article somebody else here posted, Pioli needs to drop his New England ways and establish his own identity. Pioli imho was a bust.
    And Romeo needs to get flat out mean. He can't allow Cassel (or Pioli) decide his legacy. Hire a defensive coordinator. Bench Cassel and give Quinn a shot. He can't be any worse - thats for sure. If Pioli says no - walk away.
    SHUT IT

They won't bench him

Not defending Matt, but the entire team needs called on the carpet for yesterdays disgraceful performance. I did not get to watch the game but going over the play by play it's way too obvious that we gave the Dolts a gift wrapped Divisional game!!!!!

6 turnovers?!! You look at the stat lines and it's no wonder Phyllis has a little over 200yds. throwing. he did not need to do anything, the Chiefs did all of it for him. Cassel had a hand it, sure. Look at the fumbles (4) lost (3) penalties at inopportune times. Jekyll and Hyde is the way to describe us thus far.

Our D choked them on 3 straight possessions in the 4th and we did NOTHING on these opportunities. It was still a two possession game. We had decent field position all 3 times (35 yard line-ish). we had (2) 3 and outs and then a fumble at midfield. It's not all on Matt,
    not by a long shot.

I hope they get it fixed. They are not playing well is putting it mildly. Not the team I expected!

Love ya Chiefs, but you guys need to gut check and soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBV_Eagle_Bull View Post

THe prtection was not great And Cassel is not alone in the blame but Cassel played BAD. He had a chance to hit a wide open Bowe that would have made it a 1 score game and HE MISSED him with a overthrow. That's not the protections fault.

Cassel wouldn't be getting so much heat if he was not turning the ball over so much. Right now he is on pace for 40 turnovers this year. That can't happen. I don't think if he keeps turning it over at the rate he is that we can afford to keep him in there for anther 4 weeks if we want any shot to be in the AFC west race. He has had time to get with it and is not progressing. I don't think he deserves that much time if he doesn't step it up REAL FAST
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry?
    Now, I am wondering when this happens. Safety is the quarterback for the defense, and Berry is playing like crap as well. He seems to be mismatched against tight ends everytime he goes out there. Jumping on the back of the Buffalo player and hitching a ride?

Gates is a good tight end, there is no doubt about that, one of the best and he made Berry look like a high school player on Sunday.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast