Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Post Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Now, I am wondering when this happens. Safety is the quarterback for the defense, and Berry is playing like crap as well. He seems to be mismatched against tight ends everytime he goes out there. Jumping on the back of the Buffalo player and hitching a ride?

Gates is a good tight end, there is no doubt about that, one of the best and he made Berry look like a high school player on Sunday.
    Is it his knee?????? I thought he went head to head with larry fitzgerald and did alright in the preseason. Yeah antonio made berry look really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Is it his knee?????? I thought he went head to head with larry fitzgerald and did alright in the preseason. Yeah antonio made berry look really awful.
    I don't think it is his knee, he is showing good mobility, I just think it is inexperience. I am not ready to throw in the towel, I always try to give players three years and so far Berry really has had only one.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Gates is a nine year vet and 8x pro-bowler while that was Berrys 21st game. I think Gates is just that much better. I do wonder what will happen when Lewis does come back with Eric being out of position way too much.

Sorry, but benching Cassel isn't going to cure the Chiefs woes for the 2012 season.

The best course of action is to let the season play out, then in the off-season, work out a reasonable deal with Washington to acquire Kirk Cousins. I'd rather go this route than draft a QB in 2013. Cousins played very well in the 2012 preseason. He is a bonafide leader & throws the deep ball very well, he's mobile, & to me, he looks very much like Rich Gannon. It wouldn't cost the Chiefs any more than a 2nd round pick at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but benching Cassel isn't going to cure the Chiefs woes for the 2012 season.

The best course of action is to let the season play out, then in the off-season, work out a reasonable deal with Washington to acquire Kirk Cousins. I'd rather go this route than draft a QB in 2013. Cousins played very well in the 2012 preseason. He is a bonafide leader & throws the deep ball very well, he's mobile, & to me, he looks very much like Rich Gannon. It wouldn't cost the Chiefs any more than a 2nd round pick at the most.
    Your a backup for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?
    Apparently you weren't watching the preseason when Quinn looked god awful against a starting defense. And that was preseason when he wouldn't see a full defensive playbook.

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?
    I get it that people like Stanzi, he's a cult hero. Move on. Stanzi looked bad against #2's and couldn't beat out Quinn. Stanzi isn't the answer.

3) Trade.
    For who?!? Vince Young, David Garrard or some other no name QB who can't hold a job in the NFL or stay on a team? Yeah that's a great idea!

Bottom line is as much as I dislike Cassel and want him off the field for a better QB a better solution simply doesn't exist. Hate on by all means though.

Solution:
    Draft Geno Smith, if you haven't watched him, looked at his stats or know that he's on the Heisman watch then you need to investigate. He's an absolute beast! Over 80% passes completed, 1700 yards this season (656 against Baylor this Saturday for 8 TD's) and 20 TD's with 0 INT's. Did I mention that the guy has touch on the ball too? I watched him throw a 45 yard TD strike that caught the guy in stride as he waltzed into the end zone. The heck with Landry Jones or a hyped Matt Barkley!!
    Well, Hell, if you are already looking towards next years draft, whywould it even MATTER if we took a chance on Quinn????

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Well, Hell, if you are already looking towards next years draft, whywould it even MATTER if we took a chance on Quinn????
    Did you not watch the preseason? Quinn and Stanzi were horrible against 2nd and 3rd stringers running a vanilla defense. Magically a month later they're ready for an NFL game? My point was we need to draft a QB that can step in and start. In the mean time complaining about Cassel does about as much good as screaming at a traffic light to turn green.

With Cassel from here on out, our season is shot. If Quinn is so incompetent, he shouldnt even be on this team. But he is. And he is an option. I mean, if cassel went down and Quinn came in, would you stop watching the Chiefs? Because he is THAT bad? No.
    We need to start making changes unless you wanna keep seeing Ls hung on the board. We have problems in alot of places. BUT we have tremendous talent. Shake this team up and bench him. So a losing stays a losing season? What have you really lost?
    San Diego is rolling, Denver coming on. Something has to change NOW. Or another year of the same old s***

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Did you not watch the preseason? Quinn and Stanzi were horrible against 2nd and 3rd stringers running a vanilla defense. Magically a month later they're ready for an NFL game? My point was we need to draft a QB that can step in and start. In the mean time complaining about Cassel does about as much good as screaming at a traffic light to turn green.
    Well? Are you watching Cassel in the REGULAR season??????

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    Your a backup for a reason.
    Well, no screaming eagle sh!t !! Who is it that Cousins is backing up that the Skins paid such a high price for & appears to be panning out very well?

That doesn't mean that Cousins couldn't be a quality starter for some other team.

Did you watch any of Cousins play in the preseason? He looked WAY better than any QB that the Chiefs have on their roster at present.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast