Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Post Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Orton gave us 13 points per game.

The big difference is the defense.
    I think Orton gave the team more than 13 points a game, he gave them a new attitude. The team played for him and I feel like they don't for Cassell, they know they have to overcome Cassell's short comings before the game even starts so they are not the same team. You talk about the fans giving up on the team to me it looks like the team has given up on Cassell who cannot throw an accurate pass if his life depended when under any pressure. This coming from a Cassell supporter until this year. We are not going to do anything until we get an elite QB by hook or crook.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    When Orton came in last year. The team responded. It wasn't the coach. It was the QB. Maybe we can get a spark with a different QB. Everyone says our backups are no better then Cassel. Like someone else posted earlier. We can have Arron Rogers here and Cassel would still start with Pioli and Crennel at the helm. Proves us wrong and let's move on.
    I completely disagree with this. No way does Orton have the Defense step up and shut down Green Bay. No way.... The variable was Haley getting canned. This team played with energy.

They are not playing with that energy, you can see it in every aspect of the game now. You saw them turn it around against New Orleans because they had too. They started to do it against San Diego until it was squashed by another turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I completely disagree with this. No way does Orton have the Defense step up and shut down Green Bay. No way.... The variable was Haley getting canned. This team played with energy.

They are not playing with that energy, you can see it in every aspect of the game now. You saw them turn it around against New Orleans because they had too. They started to do it against San Diego until it was squashed by another turnover.
    For me the variable was something that Crennel saw in The Packers' offense. I think we exposed something, because they have not been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    For me the variable was something that Crennel saw in The Packers' offense. I think we exposed something, because they have not been the same since.
    If you look hard their is an article online explaining the coverage we used on them and how it shut the team down. Also that all the teams that play them now use the same general concept. That is why Rodgers has not been getting is 30+ point games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I think Orton gave the team more than 13 points a game, he gave them a new attitude. The team played for him and I feel like they don't for Cassell, they know they have to overcome Cassell's short comings before the game even starts so they are not the same team. You talk about the fans giving up on the team to me it looks like the team has given up on Cassell who cannot throw an accurate pass if his life depended when under any pressure. This coming from a Cassell supporter until this year. We are not going to do anything until we get an elite QB by hook or crook.
    ^^^^Couldn't agree with you more sir^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    They have to overcome 22 PPG, but Orton's 13 PPG were a huge motivator?

You think they came into game one having already given up and felt defeated when he drove them down the field for a score on each of his first five possessions?

And after he did that, you think they still felt so little confidence in THAT guy that they didn't bother to play hard?

I realize that you are meaning subliminally, but after he came out and torched The Falcons for five straight possessions, I think there would be a different subliminal thinking going on. And the whopping 13 PPG of Orton would surely decrease the subliminal excitement there.

Although, the whole theory IS just pure speculation.

Why am I still typing?

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    And do what?!?

1) Put in Quinn?
    Apparently you weren't watching the preseason when Quinn looked god awful against a starting defense. And that was preseason when he wouldn't see a full defensive playbook.

2) Start Ricki Stanzi?
    I get it that people like Stanzi, he's a cult hero. Move on. Stanzi looked bad against #2's and couldn't beat out Quinn. Stanzi isn't the answer.

3) Trade.
    For who?!? Vince Young, David Garrard or some other no name QB who can't hold a job in the NFL or stay on a team? Yeah that's a great idea!

Bottom line is as much as I dislike Cassel and want him off the field for a better QB a better solution simply doesn't exist. Hate on by all means though.

Solution:
    Draft Geno Smith, if you haven't watched him, looked at his stats or know that he's on the Heisman watch then you need to investigate. He's an absolute beast! Over 80% passes completed, 1700 yards this season (656 against Baylor this Saturday for 8 TD's) and 20 TD's with 0 INT's. Did I mention that the guy has touch on the ball too? I watched him throw a 45 yard TD strike that caught the guy in stride as he waltzed into the end zone. The heck with Landry Jones or a hyped Matt Barkley!!
    REP!!! I totally agree! Geno Smith is my preference for a QB pick in 2013 also, and...he has been my preference even before his amazing 8 TD game, lol. I jumped on the GS fan wagon 2-3 wks. ago. Kid is amazing! GO CHIEFS!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Where is the Bench Romeo petition? How about the Bench Eric Winston? Bench the entire freaking Defense starting with Eric Berry? Bench the snapper whose only job is to put the ball on the target for kicks. Bench all of the coaches.

Last time I checked, Cassel had Zero to do with the Chargers going right down the field and scoring on the opening Drive. This team is under performing something aweful and the only variable single variable is the coaching.

While everyone may want to hang Cassel, replacing him won't fix a dang thing. It is time for Romeo to go. This team plays with Zero urgency. The whole entire team has his laid back approach in everything they do. Can't tell you how many times the team how hums it from the huddle to the line. Both sides of the ball. There was numerous times the Defense was not even set by the time the play is snapped including the very first TD. It was snap and throw, TD... When you are down by 17, you may want to put a little more urgency in your offense to get the ball moving instead of killing the clock.

Then don't go saying, I don't know why the whole team was off and saying things like it is not our team character to turn the ball over. What team have you coached all year.
    REP!!! THIS!!!

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And you would replace him with, oh let me guess, MyManOrton right?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast