Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Post Official Petition to bench Matt Cassel is spreading

Petition:

"We the fans of The Kansas City Chiefs, on this 1st day of October 2012, have elected to voice our overwhelming discontent with the current Quarterback of our beloved NFL football team, Matt Cassel. We will not stand idly by as our team and city are disgraced by poor performance. Let this petition mark the beginning of a new era of professional athletics wherein the customer (us) elect the best man to represent not only our team but our city as well. Like our four fathers, we expect our actions to be met with controversy, and like our four fathers we will overcome it!"

I cant post the link but its on ipetitions dot com slash petitions slash fire-matt-cassel

I signed it, and I implore you all to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Well? Are you watching Cassel in the REGULAR season??????
    Yes, I am. Cassel beat down Quinn and Stanzi in preseason but he's having trouble now. Both Quinn and Stanzi would get demolished unless some Tony Danza movie happened. Angels in the end zone perhaps?

The fans have played this game several times before. It brought us Croyle and Palko. How many times are we going to have to beat our heads against a wall to think that a backup that couldn't be out Cassel is the answer?

Something has to change.....there needs to be experimentation. Things need to be shaken up. We field the same team and get the same result ...L.
    I didnt say cut Cassel, I said bench him. Quinn and Stanzi are on an NFL payroll and this season nearly has a fork in it 4 games in. You have a season where season ticket holders give thier tickets away for a six pack of beer, in trade. The tickets are almost not worth the paper they are printed on. Bench the supposed leader. See if that gets some attention. You have a coach that immediately says he is stixking with Cassel. Thats an irresponsible statement. He shouldve given the vanilla political "we are gonna look at the game film" response and gave it serious consideration.
    I remember being up for giving Orton a try this season (he probably didnt wanna sign with us, anyways) and everyone was saying how Cassel didnt get the chance under Crennel to possibly ahow what he could do. Guess what? Different coaches same result. I paid good money for multiple season tickets. I am a customer and they are expected to field a competitive team. They are failing. Time to shake it up.

The sad thing is I dont think Quinn is any better. Stanzi probably not. We will see I guess.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    The sad thing is I dont think Quinn is any better. Stanzi probably not. We will see I guess.
    The team has the talent. If Quinn presents a better pocket presence the team may respond to that. I never thought of Orton as "that" guy but he did a decent job last year. The players are human and so much failure to move the ball consistently has to be tough on them.

It really sucks that this team is reeling like it is. I wanted Matts head like a lot of others, but looking at it rationally, like BRDempsey said it is not all on Matt. He is definitely in a funk. The whole team is fogged right now. I'm not claiming Matt is great, we all have known he is a manager.

I posted a quote a week or so ago about how this game has to played. I'll post it again-
    "You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."- Dan Birdwell

I see some positive effort but not ALL the time. You cannot take plays off. I want emotion, gritty toughness, signs of life, something. I'll take being in the game at half time and not trying to overcome a 17 point deficit. Our turnovers have to stop. We have to give ourselves a chance. -13 in turnovers thus far-dead last in the league.

The Ravens are 29th against the pass-allowing 295 yds/game. They are not unbeatable, as long as we do help them.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    It could be worse, yeah. I, admittedly, was calling for Palko to come in last year. Got what I was hoping for indirectly and we know how that train wreck derailed.
    So Quinn could lay another qb egg on us. But im sure willing to try SOMETHING. I'm not the coach so ill just live with whatever they come up with. No choice
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

When Orton came in last year. The team responded. It wasn't the coach. It was the QB. Maybe we can get a spark with a different QB. Everyone says our backups are no better then Cassel. Like someone else posted earlier. We can have Arron Rogers here and Cassel would still start with Pioli and Crennel at the helm. Proves us wrong and let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    It really sucks that this team is reeling like it is. I wanted Matts head like a lot of others, but looking at it rationally, like BRDempsey said it is not all on Matt. He is definitely in a funk. The whole team is fogged right now. I'm not claiming Matt is great, we all have known he is a manager.

I posted a quote a week or so ago about how this game has to played. I'll post it again-
    "You have to play this game like somebody just hit your mother with a two-by-four."- Dan Birdwell

I see some positive effort but not ALL the time. You cannot take plays off. I want emotion, gritty toughness, signs of life, something. I'll take being in the game at half time and not trying to overcome a 17 point deficit. Our turnovers have to stop. We have to give ourselves a chance. -13 in turnovers thus far-dead last in the league.

The Ravens are 29th against the pass-allowing 295 yds/game. They are not unbeatable, as long as we do help them.

Incidentally, Dan Birdwell was a D-Lineman for the Oakland Raiders in the '60's --- perhaps that's why the Chiefs aren't listening to his statement .

But unless they make a trade, or Cassel gets hurt ( and I suspect many Chiefs fans are secretly hoping for such ) and Quinn comes into a game and lights it up, Cassel will probably be starting.

And yes, overall team effort has been lacking. Case in point -- Eric Berry -- I saw it up close & personal as I was at the game & even wearing a jersey with his name and number on it that was given to me ( Just ask Connie Jo, who I spotted and introduced myself to & told her who I was ). Berry played poorly....period. Isn't he supposed to be a leader-type and supposed to have good cover skills? He has shown neither since being drafted and coming to the Chiefs ( BTW, that whole 2010 draft is looking like a complete farce, except Kendrick Lewis ), and too often, it looks like he just flat out quits ( he's not the only one, though ).

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The team has the talent. If Quinn presents a better pocket presence the team may respond to that. I never thought of Orton as "that" guy but he did a decent job last year. The players are human and so much failure to move the ball consistently has to be tough on them.
    Orton gave us 13 points per game.

The big difference is the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Orton gave us 13 points per game.

The big difference is the defense.
    FWIW I didn't like Kyle before, during or after his time in red and gold. He was serviceable and helped us to 2 wins but we didn't loose much when he decided to go hold a clipboard.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast