Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sounds like the first shot of the fan revolution comes Sunday

Default Sounds like the first shot of the fan revolution comes Sunday

There is a group of fans on another forum who have taken a collection up to rent a banner plane for Sundays game.

Will it do any good? No.

I have to give them a little credit for at least trying to show their discontent.

I have not posted here in a long time. I still correspond with Connie Jo on a regular basis, and some others like Clint and Dave from time to time. I wanted to sign back in today to comment on this.

For you folks who think this is a bad idea. Its not about getting Pioli fired, or Cassel benched, its about showing the organization that the fans have had enough.

With that I leave with something to think about.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.

Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots.

Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionaries and rebels—men and women who dared to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.

edit; Benching Cassel is not about finding out of Brady Quinn is a better QB. It is likely that he is just as bad (I cringe to think of any QB worse) it is about ACCOUNTABILITY. You bench Cassel becuase his play has been terrible, and give someone else a shot. You dont stick with a guy just becuase you overpaid him. Thats all about EGO. not about WINNING.
    Last edited by hometeam; 10-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Yes I've watched the games. Here are my rankings between 1-10. 10 being best.

Defensive Line-6
    Offensive Line-6
    Secondary-6
    Running Backs-8 (9 without the fumbles)
    Receivers-6 (Due to crappy QB overthrown passes)
    Quarterback-3
    Coaching-3
    General Manager-1

With that said Yes I will call for Matt Cassels head first since we're stuck with the other two for now. (Crennel/Pioli)
    So the defense and their 34 Points allowed per game are better than average, while the RBs (With four fumbles, on returned to the one, another at the goalline) are currently an 8, and the receivers who are slapping passes to the other team ... They are all doing above average?

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
    It tends to be a pretty good idea not to disguise your dissent as disloyalty too.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It tends to be a pretty good idea not to disguise your dissent as disloyalty too.
    Do you think by now there should have been at least some BS accountability PR statement released by either Pioli and/or Hunt? Not to this specifically but the blowout season we are having.

They hang ol Romeo out there in his press conferences to take the heat he has rightfully earned through his poor performance yet where's either one of them?

Judging by where this whole idea was hatched I won't venture a guess as to what they are trying to accomplish, but I wonder if it will bring some response from the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So the defense and their 34 Points allowed per game are better than average, while the RBs (With four fumbles, on returned to the one, another at the goalline) are currently an 8, and the receivers who are slapping passes to the other team ... They are all doing above average?
    8 because we have the most rushing yards in the NFL and Jamal Charles is second in the league in rushing. I'm sure you allready know that though as smart as you are!
    You defend a crappy QB better then any fan I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Look, Crennel has nothing to do with Cassel's s*** throws. Is he the only problem, of course not. But you have to start somewhere and shake things up. And he is the leader (like all qbs are) and should be first put under the microscope. If you think Cassel's play is good and he
    isn't a problem, you are dellusional. So the defense putting Cassel down by 7 is considered an uphill climb for cassel? Wow, he IS a weak quarterback, then!
    I am not saying Cassel's play is good. I am saying everyone is blaming Cassel like he is the CAUSE of all of this. People saying that benching Cassel will spark this team... I say BS..... There is many many reasons that can't be explained other than this team is just not ready to play to its potential and blaming the QB for that is just biased hatred towards one guy. I am saying that the Defense came out flat and not prepared before Cassel ever touched the field yet many on here are making that Cassels fault. Really... It is Cassel's fault that the Chargers scored 10 points.. so I am not defending him.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Do you think by now there should have been at least some BS accountability PR statement released by either Pioli and/or Hunt? Not to this specifically but the blowout season we are having.

They hang ol Romeo out there in his press conferences to take the heat he has rightfully earned through his poor performance yet where's either one of them?

Judging by where this whole idea was hatched I won't venture a guess as to what they are trying to accomplish, but I wonder if it will bring some response from the organization.
    Pretty close...

Not sure how I would handle this if I were in charge. But if we get trounced again this week, it pushes me across the line to where... Yes... Changes have to start happening immediately.

As for Hunt/Pioli, the primary mistake that would be admitted at this point is Romeo.

And until you are firing him, you do not come out to the press and tell them what a mistake your current HC was.

8 because we have the most rushing yards in the NFL and Jamal Charles is second in the league in rushing. I'm sure you allready know that though as smart as you are!
    You defend a crappy QB better then any fan I've ever met.
    How about that above average defense ranking second from the bottom?

And those RBS have a couple more fumbles than just Charles' two, with a lot of their stats coming in garbage time as well.

I would certainly agree that they are plenty capable of an 8, or better.

But they have not been that so far in 2012.

JC had a huge game in week three. Other than that game, our running game is likely about a three.

But I really wanted an explanation for the six you gave every aspect of this defense.

Yes I've watched the games. Here are my rankings between 1-10. 10 being best.

Defensive Line-6
    Offensive Line-6
    Secondary-6
    Running Backs-8 (9 without the fumbles)
    Receivers-6 (Due to crappy QB overthrown passes)
    Quarterback-3
    Coaching-3
    General Manager-1

With that said Yes I will call for Matt Cassels head first since we're stuck with the other two for now. (Crennel/Pioli)
    Your Stuck with Cassel as well, unless you need to see it for yourself that Quinn and Stanzi are not even close to the starting QB as Cassel. I mean it was not even close in pre-season. Unless you are suggesting these two play in hopes to have a fair shot at the Suck For Luck er Geno Smith campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Give them credit for what????? Turning on their team? If you were a Chiefs player and you saw that, would that help or hurt your attitude/performance?

To each his own, but its definitely not my style.
    THIS!!!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    These are not Pop Warner kids we are talking about. These are men that are being paid a crap ton of money to play a game.

And turning on their team? Listen, I have been a fan for my whole life. But, this owner needs to take this team as seriously as everyone else. To him it is just a cash cow, the fans being pissed are the only thing that will get him to understand that change needs to happen.
    Apparently you've never witnessed Clark Hunt at Arrowhead watching his Chiefs play! He's as much a fan as any of us, and he wants to WIN just like we all do. He get's upset when we lose, also! Talk to the man sometime about his, & his beloved fathers, Chiefs...look in his eyes...you'll see the same passion for the Chiefs every other loyal fan has, & then some!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast