Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs vs ravens... Anyone showing up?

Default Chiefs vs ravens... Anyone showing up?

Hey chief fans i already baught these tickets before the season so win or loose im going to have a great time! My wifes third game my 12 th and bring three first time noobs to arrowhead!! Wonderin who all is still going

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    The Chiefs franchise is and has always been aware that some fans aren't happy when we lose games & seasons. These are very intelligent, experienced, knowledgeable professionals who own & manage a mega million dollar franchise.

Their personal history of experiences related to the NFL, successes & accomplishments throughout their career's are far beyond that of any amateur spectating fan who observes the game from a distance, be it at home in front of their TV or in the stands at Arrowhead. Fans do not, & will never have the life history, personal experience, & knowledge of the game the professionals do who walk in the shoes of a franchise owner, GM, coach, or players cleats.

There are countless extremely complex business factors related to building a successful franchise in the NFL far beyond the field of play we amateur spectating fans observe. We don't have a clue what is occurring behind the scenes in the NFL, an individual franchise, nor locker room. For any one of us to think for a second we can fill the shoes of a franchise owner, NFL exec./GM, coach or player...is beyond arrogant.

I am a fan, an amateur spectating fan who has a passion for the game & her favorite franchise...I am nothing more than that. It is my role as a fan to enjoy every aspect of her passion possible. It is my role as a fan to support my team while attending games, creating noise as a 12th player factor helping the defense, boosting morale of my team. My first priority has always been, & will always be...spending time creating priceless cherished memories among family & friends related to the Chiefs. Win or lose the game, as a fan I never lose personally, rather am so very blessed & grateful for the opportunities to be a fan.

Winning the game is a bonus, but the objective for me as a fan is to have fun making the most of life's opportunities my buddy above provides me with. I am grateful for every moment of life, for every opportunity to enjoy life, rather not ungrateful for what I don't have or want. Life is too damn short to waste moments unnecessarily feeling negative emotions, or being ungrateful not recognizing my blessings, the silver lining in dark clouds...because my favorite football team is losing.

You think you have it rough because your favorite football team is losing again..go visit St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis. Go visit the families who have lost their sons & daughters in the Middle East, or spend every day worrying they might get that knock on the door any moment in time. Go visit the patients laying in hospital beds fighting for their life. Go visit the safe houses for victims of domestic violence. Go visit the city missions filled with those jobless, homeless, hungry, the uneducated poor who can't afford education. Go on...go tell them all how angry, miserable, & bitter you are because your football team is losing.

AMERICA!! HA! GO CHIEFS!!!
    This and...

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Maybe not on this site, but I can assure you, that I've personally witnessed many fans across the internet and at Arrowhead...whose anger, hate, bitterness, and obsessing over the Chiefs losses, have escalated to a point of being a life priority for them. To each their own life priorities, respectably.

If people choose to spend their precious life moments dwelling negatively on the Chiefs losses, rather than enjoying the positive aspects of life...that is their right.

We're all on the clock of life. GO CHIEFS!!!
    THIS!!!

Rep!

Connie Jo, I fully agree that an organization's performance that's out of your control, shouldn't ruin your life as there are so many other more important things to be thankful for. That being said, I feel it has nothing to do with how fans react to sub-performance play, on an ongoing basis. The team and the players will be the first to tell you that this is a business. If they leave for more money, trade a popular player for a better deal, or move the entire organization to a different city, the answer is always; "this is a business!"
    That being said, fans should demand excellence. The parking people, concession people, ticket people, merchandice people, etc wouldn't accept partial payment for anything you're buying, they demand 100% from you. It's a business. As a fan, if you're acceptable to mediocre delivery, then what does that say about the fan base? If a team declares they want to build a championship team, they should also want their fans to want a championship team. Do you think the fans in Pittsburgh would allow any less of their team? NO, and that's why it's rare that the Steelers have a sub-part team. If you went to an expensive locally owned restaurant, and the food and service was bad everytime you went, how long would you keep going? You can love the Chiefs, and fully support them, but it doesn't make you a traitor if you make a statement that bad performance is unacceptable. It should be unacceptable to the organization, and the fans should acknowledge it.

In honor of our Thanksgiving weekend being this Monday in Canada I am thankful that the Chiefs are playing football even though it is tough to watch right now because guess what although I love football and the Chiefs my first passion in sports is hockey and the NHL is in lockout and games are being cancelled! With the union and owners seeming very far apartI can only hope that the Chiefs can hopefully turn things around and stay relevant! Go Chiefs

I'll be at the bar watching, drinking beer, having people walk by and say "wow the chiefs suck". I always go and won't let them change the channel until the game is over.

I'll watch on Sunday ticket till Ravens are up by 14 then go and play skyrim.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12