Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Humble 2 Cents!

Default My Humble 2 Cents!

Hello there fellow Chiefs Fans!

I had been a Chiefs fan since 1990, Today it’s seems that we really have it the bottom.

I never bought Cassel being “True QB” he was line Frank Rich (Buffalo to Carolina)
    Scott Michel (Miami to Detroit) for name few QB’s that have a GOOD season and then teams thought they could be a their QB of the Future but what happened. They fail!

In the same case is Matt Cassel, Yes I know he had been into turmoil of OC and Head Coaches but no matter what. He has never show any improvement at all... yes he got ONE single season under Weiss that he reach Pro Bowl but also it was a weak schedule. Cassel facing real teams with winning record or playoff appearance it’s simple a SHAME!

Many Cassel believers thought he needs a better OL, WRs... Getting JC healthy as well Tony M.

But no matter if you get him a better OL or WR. He have NO leadership, his physical tools are really week, poor reading, poor arm and a the WORSE ability to make decisions I had ever seen.

Pioli sticks with Cassel because he’s not the kind of GM that accepts his owns errors (Egoli’s nickname fits like a glove here) The Patriot Way only works for Belichick and his organization. I have just read an article on it explains how Belichick covers every “weakness” on their former staff. Could be GM, OC or DC... On it name every single one of Patriot Way bust being the only exception Atlanta’s GM. For Atlanta’s Dimitroff the scenario was different he broke the Patriots Way and Drafted a Franchise QB on 1st Round (A Sinn on Bellichek System BTW)

so why is gonna be different with Pioli... He brought Cassel under a 60 Million contract (He sell it very well to Clark Hunt) He says that if we are going under a Patriots Ways we need a QB who runs the whole Offensive System and Blah Blah Blah.

And then he brought a Good OC and turns him a HC... under the name of Todd Haley and he shows his inexperience and really makes a hell for few players. I know Todd isn’t that bad at all but for a Rebuilding project he wasn’t the best option, We need a HC with experience under his belt (IMO Pioli brought a Rookie Coach, so he can cover himself in case everything goes wrong and he can easily make decisions over HC duties)

Then he kick Haley and keep Romero a great DC, a great persona.. I’m not sure if he’s a good HC (I wanna give him a shot going on himself far away Pioli’s shadow and the Patriots Way)

Pioli push Cassel to be his QB, he sells that he pursued Peyton but he really did?

He never brought any competition for Matt, Orton was here for few months when all we had was Palko and at the end neither Orton nor Pioli showed any interest on staying. Maybe Kyle knew that no matter what .. Pioli’s QB is Matt.

But Matt had never faced any REAL competition... why?

Pretty simple he would be overshadow and there will be a glimpse that the FAMOUS Patriot Way isn’t that great.

Today Pioli’s hands can‘t cover it NO more. Matt shows what Some Knew, Some Other resist to see… he’s an OK Back up QB at the Best.

I don’t blame Matt for everything goes wrong so far in 2012 but He’s the pick of the Iceberg

We got a real deal on JC, Dwayne is a good WR but sometimes he seems disconnected from field.

I wanna believe Balwin is a sleeping Giant waiting for awake... I always love S. Breaston as a #3 WR.

D. Wylie was drafted to be “OUR” version of Welker... but I belive he could be his own persona an brought something to the table.

DM is a good hybrid but if we keep OVER using him we are going to burn him so fast.

Our OL I think is a good one. And our TEs are average to good.

On the other side of the field, we got very good players than need to be fitted where they belong.

T. Jackson was a 1st. Round Talent maybe a 3rd or 4th and OK Back up.
    G. Dorsey is a great player under a WRONG scheme and position; he’s making his best to play a role that never suits him. D. Poe could be a beast or bust... I wanna believe he could be a good to great player but he need to understand the system.

R. Pitoutua remembers me Erick Hicks... he could be a very good situational player.

On the LB corp I think we got a very good group... here is where Romeo’s magic worked better. He understood how to use DJ on the right way as well T. Hali. J. Houston seems to be a Draft Steal.
    And our deep is OK.

On the DB we got B. Flowers a very good CB but it seems he miss B. Carr so much. Now he good a lotta pressure covering ACE WRs more than usual. S.Routt is an OK back Up not a starter he we really screw it not keeping B. Carr (is like Albert Lewis without Kevin Ross) On the SS and FS positions... I guess E. Berry reason for his backward step his kind of simple. He miss that 2nd year where the normal acknowledge curve shows you the secrets to play the position he miss that curve due to his injury and know he struggles to catch it up again. On K. Lewis side he’s a good player but like Berry he’s missing that Curve too... let’s hope he can come back and show a quick adaptation.

On the Special Teams... well since Nick Lowery we have struggle on our K... yes we got Stoyo and Morten... but for few seasons. Nick was the K for years. I really dig Succop and underdog that shows guts (yes sometimes he miss some easy FG) BTW Nick says that if some deserve to break his record is Ryan (I guess Nick knows a few things about kicking) Our LS... well he’s an Ok player not like Kendall G. but an OK player. And final but not least... our P... IMO he never gets the real credit he deserves because he plays for us... D.Colquitt... no matter what... he could have a couple games playing average but normally he’ very good punting.

This where cover unit screw up his punts... if they fail... then means the Punter fails.

So our team is full of potential Good players but... is like an enterprise

“You could have all the tools ... equipment... and personal to make it successful BUT if the BOSS is a dumb ... and never push the right bottons ... well is going to be a mess”

Yes It’s kinda sad to realize that this Pioli-Cassel experiment was the WRONG choice.

But hey it’s never too late... we got the TOOLS (on the past we don’t have it) to make a better rebuild.

Remember back on the 90’s we got a Pair of Older QBs named Steve DeBerg and Joe Cool booth deliver a couple of good seasons and he got no great WRs beside S. Paige, W. Davis or JJ .. We got great RB’s for the Marty Ball style back then. And our “D” was commanded by the “BIG BOSS CHIEF” DT... and his good to great teammates Nel, Bill, Dan, Kevin, Carl, Deron... maybe they weren’t the fastes or hardest hitting players but they play so soulful.

On the 2000’s we had the other side of the coin an AWESOME Offense and a weak “D”...

We seems to be short on any of the two sides of the field until TODAY!

We are just short to be a GOOD team...

But we need a real hard to fine player … a GOOD QB... IMO we don’t need the next Manning or Bress .. I believe we need our next Trent Green ... an underdog that erforms and deliver so his offense can work with struggle.

On the “D” side... we really need a leader... we need our “2010’s” Derrick Thomas... some one that could bring and push the guys to excel... that’s something even more hard to find that a QB .. Why... because since Derrick’s death. He left a HOLE that NO ONE fills in.

But I’m not the one to make this research... I’m a simple KC Fan... with high hopes and dreams of SB!

We need a true GM that understands how NFL works... to do what it takes to make a legacy... and more important to deliver what the RED SEA season after season are craving for .. A TEAM that gives them Joy... Make Kansas City a respectful place... and the nightmare of every single player who dares to stand into the Arrowhead … I’m 34... I have a 10 year old girl and a 8 year old boy... they are about to star to know what football is all about... and if they want... and choose it .. I want them to be Chiefs... BTW I don’t live in USA... I’m a proud Mexican CHIEFS fan... and all I want is a Winner Team...

Thanks for your time and reading!

I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors you could find
    Last edited by alexim58; 10-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.

I agree with what you've said about Cassel and especially Pioli.

Cassel is not the guy to be under Center in 2013.

Pioli, as far as I'm concerned, can get the hell out of KC, and take his stupid thick Potato head with him. He just doesn't get it that the "NE WAY" is not going to work in KC. He's brought nothing but a "urinate on our own heads and tell ourselves it's raining" type of aura to KC. I will not follow along with or support his type of BS and those who do so are nothing but sheep.

Thanks for the reading .. IMO Cassel had just burn any chance to even be the back up for net year (that badly he screw it up!) ... I really hope Chiefs won't win too much games .. unleess beat Faiders and Donkeys ... so there will be no excuse for Pioli's fail. Because if we rebound and get to playoffs somehow .. then it will be credit to Pioli's. Also I hope there will be an "awaking" from C. Hunt and realize that Pioli, Cassel and Patriot's Way needs to be erase. Time to make a more sense and real "Chiefs Way" .. like once Marty did .. he brought his own "Marty Ball System" .. We need someone who brought his own system to develop .. not copy a system than works because the HC and the QB ..

Quote Originally Posted by alexim58 View Post
    Hello there fellow Chiefs Fans!

I had been a Chiefs fan since 1990, Today it’s seems that we really have it the bottom.

I never bought Cassel being “True QB” he was line Frank Rich (Buffalo to Carolina)
    Scott Michel (Miami to Detroit) for name few QB’s that have a GOOD season and then teams thought they could be a their QB of the Future but what happened. They fail!

In the same case is Matt Cassel, Yes I know he had been into turmoil of OC and Head Coaches but no matter what. He has never show any improvement at all... yes he got ONE single season under Weiss that he reach Pro Bowl but also it was a weak schedule. Cassel facing real teams with winning record or playoff appearance it’s simple a SHAME!

Many Cassel believers thought he needs a better OL, WRs... Getting JC healthy as well Tony M.

But no matter if you get him a better OL or WR. He have NO leadership, his physical tools are really week, poor reading, poor arm and a the WORSE ability to make decisions I had ever seen.

Pioli sticks with Cassel because he’s not the kind of GM that accepts his owns errors (Egoli’s nickname fits like a glove here) The Patriot Way only works for Belichick and his organization. I have just read an article on it explains how Belichick covers every “weakness” on their former staff. Could be GM, OC or DC... On it name every single one of Patriot Way bust being the only exception Atlanta’s GM. For Atlanta’s Dimitroff the scenario was different he broke the Patriots Way and Drafted a Franchise QB on 1st Round (A Sinn on Bellichek System BTW)

so why is gonna be different with Pioli... He brought Cassel under a 60 Million contract (He sell it very well to Clark Hunt) He says that if we are going under a Patriots Ways we need a QB who runs the whole Offensive System and Blah Blah Blah.

And then he brought a Good OC and turns him a HC... under the name of Todd Haley and he shows his inexperience and really makes a hell for few players. I know Todd isn’t that bad at all but for a Rebuilding project he wasn’t the best option, We need a HC with experience under his belt (IMO Pioli brought a Rookie Coach, so he can cover himself in case everything goes wrong and he can easily make decisions over HC duties)

Then he kick Haley and keep Romero a great DC, a great persona.. I’m not sure if he’s a good HC (I wanna give him a shot going on himself far away Pioli’s shadow and the Patriots Way)

Pioli push Cassel to be his QB, he sells that he pursued Peyton but he really did?

He never brought any competition for Matt, Orton was here for few months when all we had was Palko and at the end neither Orton nor Pioli showed any interest on staying. Maybe Kyle knew that no matter what .. Pioli’s QB is Matt.

But Matt had never faced any REAL competition... why?

Pretty simple he would be overshadow and there will be a glimpse that the FAMOUS Patriot Way isn’t that great.

Today Pioli’s hands can‘t cover it NO more. Matt shows what Some Knew, Some Other resist to see… he’s an OK Back up QB at the Best.

I don’t blame Matt for everything goes wrong so far in 2012 but He’s the pick of the Iceberg

We got a real deal on JC, Dwayne is a good WR but sometimes he seems disconnected from field.

I wanna believe Balwin is a sleeping Giant waiting for awake... I always love S. Breaston as a #3 WR.

D. Wylie was drafted to be “OUR” version of Welker... but I belive he could be his own persona an brought something to the table.

DM is a good hybrid but if we keep OVER using him we are going to burn him so fast.

Our OL I think is a good one. And our TEs are average to good.

On the other side of the field, we got very good players than need to be fitted where they belong.

T. Jackson was a 1st. Round Talent maybe a 3rd or 4th and OK Back up.
    G. Dorsey is a great player under a WRONG scheme and position; he’s making his best to play a role that never suits him. D. Poe could be a beast or bust... I wanna believe he could be a good to great player but he need to understand the system.

R. Pitoutua remembers me Erick Hicks... he could be a very good situational player.

On the LB corp I think we got a very good group... here is where Romeo’s magic worked better. He understood how to use DJ on the right way as well T. Hali. J. Houston seems to be a Draft Steal.
    And our deep is OK.

On the DB we got B. Flowers a very good CB but it seems he miss B. Carr so much. Now he good a lotta pressure covering ACE WRs more than usual. S.Routt is an OK back Up not a starter he we really screw it not keeping B. Carr (is like Albert Lewis without Kevin Ross) On the SS and FS positions... I guess E. Berry reason for his backward step his kind of simple. He miss that 2nd year where the normal acknowledge curve shows you the secrets to play the position he miss that curve due to his injury and know he struggles to catch it up again. On K. Lewis side he’s a good player but like Berry he’s missing that Curve too... let’s hope he can come back and show a quick adaptation.

On the Special Teams... well since Nick Lowery we have struggle on our K... yes we got Stoyo and Morten... but for few seasons. Nick was the K for years. I really dig Succop and underdog that shows guts (yes sometimes he miss some easy FG) BTW Nick says that if some deserve to break his record is Ryan (I guess Nick knows a few things about kicking) Our LS... well he’s an Ok player not like Kendall G. but an OK player. And final but not least... our P... IMO he never gets the real credit he deserves because he plays for us... D.Colquitt... no matter what... he could have a couple games playing average but normally he’ very good punting.

This where cover unit screw up his punts... if they fail... then means the Punter fails.

So our team is full of potential Good players but... is like an enterprise

“You could have all the tools ... equipment... and personal to make it successful BUT if the BOSS is a dumb ... and never push the right bottons ... well is going to be a mess”

Yes It’s kinda sad to realize that this Pioli-Cassel experiment was the WRONG choice.

But hey it’s never too late... we got the TOOLS (on the past we don’t have it) to make a better rebuild.

Remember back on the 90’s we got a Pair of Older QBs named Steve DeBerg and Joe Cool booth deliver a couple of good seasons and he got no great WRs beside S. Paige, W. Davis or JJ .. We got great RB’s for the Marty Ball style back then. And our “D” was commanded by the “BIG BOSS CHIEF” DT... and his good to great teammates Nel, Bill, Dan, Kevin, Carl, Deron... maybe they weren’t the fastes or hardest hitting players but they play so soulful.

On the 2000’s we had the other side of the coin an AWESOME Offense and a weak “D”...

We seems to be short on any of the two sides of the field until TODAY!

We are just short to be a GOOD team...

But we need a real hard to fine player … a GOOD QB... IMO we don’t need the next Manning or Bress .. I believe we need our next Trent Green ... an underdog that erforms and deliver so his offense can work with struggle.

On the “D” side... we really need a leader... we need our “2010’s” Derrick Thomas... some one that could bring and push the guys to excel... that’s something even more hard to find that a QB .. Why... because since Derrick’s death. He left a HOLE that NO ONE fills in.

But I’m not the one to make this research... I’m a simple KC Fan... with high hopes and dreams of SB!

We need a true GM that understands how NFL works... to do what it takes to make a legacy... and more important to deliver what the RED SEA season after season are craving for .. A TEAM that gives them Joy... Make Kansas City a respectful place... and the nightmare of every single player who dares to stand into the Arrowhead … I’m 34... I have a 10 year old girl and a 8 year old boy... they are about to star to know what football is all about... and if they want... and choose it .. I want them to be Chiefs... BTW I don’t live in USA... I’m a proud Mexican CHIEFS fan... and all I want is a Winner Team...

Thanks for your time and reading!

I apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors you could find

I couldn't agree with you more on B Carr. Even before Carr was gone I said Carr was the piece in the D puzzle that help the whole D together. He allowed the Line backers and the Safties to do their job. We had many more Blitz options as well.

On Cassel, He has had a lot of changes, but given this many opportunities,He has not shown us he is capable of the job, He has not given us any reason to believe he can rise up above the storm, and he has not showed us that. It is time to move on.

Thanks for the reading 70Chiefs70 fan .. B. Carr was that quiet piece that makes a whole .. sadly he leave and well his replacement simple can't fit or deliver ..

Same thing when we lost Allen. This organization makes very stupid decisions. I was calling us the Kansas City Browns, but perhaps we're actually the Kansas City Jets. either way, not a good place to be!

I think some are overstateing Carr's value a bit. Carr is a very nice piece but for what he wanted and got from Dallas It would have been stupid of us to give him what they have. They paid a guy who has never been a number 1 cb in the nfl high number 1 cb money. Flowers was clearly our number 1. Right now Carr and Routt actually have very close numbers. Both have 2 passes defended Carr doesn't have a pick Routt does Routt has 4 more tackles. Carr was not worth the money he got we didn't match I have no problem with that one.

the Cassel thing is getting harder and harder to defend. I have no problem being upset with the Cassel thing. Unless Cassel makes a BIG TIME comeback but there's no reason to think that will happen
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

This is a great post! Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome ryFo18 ..

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think some are overstateing Carr's value a bit. Carr is a very nice piece but for what he wanted and got from Dallas It would have been stupid of us to give him what they have. They paid a guy who has never been a number 1 cb in the nfl high number 1 cb money. Flowers was clearly our number 1. Right now Carr and Routt actually have very close numbers. Both have 2 passes defended Carr doesn't have a pick Routt does Routt has 4 more tackles. Carr was not worth the money he got we didn't match I have no problem with that one.

the Cassel thing is getting harder and harder to defend. I have no problem being upset with the Cassel thing. Unless Cassel makes a BIG TIME comeback but there's no reason to think that will happen
    I agree about Carr, he was a good #2 CB, but not $50 million for 5 years #1 CB good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast