Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not caring about this Franchise until it is completely PURGED!

Hybrid View

Default Not caring about this Franchise until it is completely PURGED!

I know everyone active on this forum is a diehard Chiefs fan. Shoot, I'm a diehard and always will be one, but the decisions that continue to be made are absolutely ludicrous, and Clark Hunt and Pioli don't care one lick about what any of their financial providers think.

I know, I know, don't go nuts on the success or failure of the Chiefs. Guess what? When I support a team, I expect their best effort to being successful, and even if they aren't, at least do whatever it takes to make the team stronger. The sole fact that this team continues to run Cassel on that field tells me that they could care less about the raining of boos after every interception.

But wait! At least we have a team right? Well, let me tell everyone what most Chiefs fans are thinking right now. Why watch a team that is so awful? I could be riding my bike, or spending the day with the family, or go out to eat with friends. Why should I torture myself watching this team be a laughing stock and not even care? By the time Peyton Manning shows up, Arrowhead will be a complete ghost town.

Some of you probably know that I'm a big Royals fan too. While they've been terrible too, the sad thing is that both franchises are being run far too similar. It's the Walmart way people. The owners don't care about spending money, the GMs think they can get a miracle season from some of the key cogs on the team and everything will just magically happen like it did in 2010 for the Chiefs. Guess what? Flukes happen and won't last forever, and by that, I mean Cassel. Of course, he's not the only problem, but he's the biggest one because he's the supposed leader of the team.

I know this is a rant and I don't care. The only way action will be taken is if no one goes to Arrowhead, period. Clark Hunt needs to know that this will not be acceptable and the only way he'll know that is to continuously see an empty stadium. Local fans are even trying to buy a blimp every week running a banner that says "Fire Pioli, Bench Cassel". That's the magnitude of what fans are going through to end the stench of failure that Pioli and his regime have put this fanbase through.

Alright, that's my piece, flame away.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

No reason to flame at your post.

If you're waiting for Pioli to be gone, it's going to be awhile though. From a roster standpoint he has done a good job, the coaching side has been bad to pathetic at times.

Thanks for the post and I 'm with you 100%.
    Roster standpoint he's done a good job? Cassel and not having a decent backup QB is not a good job. Everywhere else on the roster I can agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Thanks for the post and I 'm with you 100%.
    Roster standpoint he's done a good job? Cassel and not having a decent backup QB is not a good job. Everywhere else on the roster I can agree.
    I'm pretty down on Matt like a lot of people lately, he needs to either **** or get off the pot real fast. I also dislike the Quinn acquisition but to be honest we really don't know what kind of back up he is or is not. We know he couldn't "win" the starting job this year but to claim him a total failure is a bit premature. Orton exceeded my expectation of him last year and we'll have to see how this all plays out.

We have a good line up but the team is never ready to play in a gAme till it's so lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I know everyone active on this forum is a diehard Chiefs fan. Shoot, I'm a diehard and always will be one, but the decisions that continue to be made are absolutely ludicrous, and Clark Hunt and Pioli don't care one lick about what any of their financial providers think.

I know, I know, don't go nuts on the success or failure of the Chiefs. Guess what? When I support a team, I expect their best effort to being successful, and even if they aren't, at least do whatever it takes to make the team stronger. The sole fact that this team continues to run Cassel on that field tells me that they could care less about the raining of boos after every interception.

But wait! At least we have a team right? Well, let me tell everyone what most Chiefs fans are thinking right now. Why watch a team that is so awful? I could be riding my bike, or spending the day with the family, or go out to eat with friends. Why should I torture myself watching this team be a laughing stock and not even care? By the time Peyton Manning shows up, Arrowhead will be a complete ghost town.

Some of you probably know that I'm a big Royals fan too. While they've been terrible too, the sad thing is that both franchises are being run far too similar. It's the Walmart way people. The owners don't care about spending money, the GMs think they can get a miracle season from some of the key cogs on the team and everything will just magically happen like it did in 2010 for the Chiefs. Guess what? Flukes happen and won't last forever, and by that, I mean Cassel. Of course, he's not the only problem, but he's the biggest one because he's the supposed leader of the team.

I know this is a rant and I don't care. The only way action will be taken is if no one goes to Arrowhead, period. Clark Hunt needs to know that this will not be acceptable and the only way he'll know that is to continuously see an empty stadium. Local fans are even trying to buy a blimp every week running a banner that says "Fire Pioli, Bench Cassel". That's the magnitude of what fans are going through to end the stench of failure that Pioli and his regime have put this fanbase through.

Alright, that's my piece, flame away.
    It's not "local" fans who initiated the banner you're referring to, it was a fan in Wichita. I'm sure some local KC fans have contributed to the rebellious banner cause. The guy said he collected $1600 from fans to help him pay for the $745 cost to fly the banner. He said he'll use the extra funds in the future if needed to fly additional banners.

I personally know some of the fans who contributed to the banner campaign. Of those I know, most are not local fans who attend games on a regular basis, rather from all over, including out of state, & watch games at home on their TV's.

Season ticket holders pay for their season ticket seats in advance, no refunds. The bill for 2013 will arrive in December, must be paid in full by the 1st of June if selecting the optional payment plan. Therefore, those who have season tickets for 2012, would be wasting their money if they chose not to attend the game.

I have no doubt single ticket sales will drop with a losing record, as they naturally do...with or without a fan rebellion campaign attempting to intimidate Clark Hunt in to doing as fans demand.

As I've stated previously...Clark Hunt is not dumb, in fact, he's considered highly intelligent among the corporate business world, including beyond the NFL Corporation. The Hunts make most of their money through their ownership of businesses unrelated to the Chiefs franchise. Those businesses are world wide.

Clark Hunt knows full well that if the Chiefs are losing games & seasons, that ticket sales & revenues in all areas related to the Chiefs franchise will drop dramatically. He doesn't need to be told that, he knows it already. It's happened in years past.

Putting all emotions aside as a fan, try to put yourself in Clark Hunts shoes. A wise businessman & NFL franchise owner would not surrender to demands being made by a rebellious group of fans. He can't, because if he does, he makes himself vulnerable to future attempts of intimidation by fans. Fans who do not have the professional education, knowledge, nor experience related to the very complex legalities & inner workings of a NFL Corporate franchise business.

If you were a business owner, with the professional education, knowledge, & experience necessary to manage that business for financial success...would you wisely & intelligently turn it's management over to a bunch of amateur spectators whose education, knowledge, & experience was limited to their speculations only? I would hope not. There's no realistic comparison to managing a multi million dollar NFL franchise successfully and succeeding with an imaginary Madden Football team.

I'm not Clark Hunt, but if I were...I would not give in to any fan intimidation. If I was considering benching Cassel prior to that intimidation, I'd wisely reverse my decision. I would do the opposite of what fans were attempting to intimidate me in to doing. You must stand up against intimidation, because if you don't, you become vulnerable to more. It's similar in theory to not allowing terrorists to change or prevent you from living life freely.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will elaborate further on this issue, putting emotions aside, looking at it from a non bias perspective. Let's say at the end of 2012 Pioli is fired. Clarks first order of business is to replace him; NFL GM's are not a dime a dozen, successful ones are scarce. Regardless of what some fans may believe of Pioli currently, the mans resume is one of, if not, the most successful in the NFL.

NFL history proves it takes an average of 3-5 years for a GM to rebuild a new team from the ground up. A young team capable of dominating for more than one season takes an average of 5 years to evolve and become serious playoff contenders. More than likely 2010 was a "fluke", considering it occurred in Pioli's 2nd season. However, the Chiefs came within two blocked FG's of also making the playoffs in 2011. That close, even with overcoming obstacles of a rare NFL lockout, play making starters not playing the entire season due to injuries, new OC & playbook, and a HC habitually involved with conflicts among players, assistant coaches, & the GM, who was fired short of the season ending, an interim coach taking his place.

Pioli has wisely retained as many players under contract as feasibly possible. He knows that it's a proven fact, roster consistency is a key factor towards winning consistently. He re-signed Hali, Flowers, Charles, DJ, Succop, others. He has drafted young talent which has already contributed to the team positively...Succop, McCluster, Lewis, Houston, Hudson, Baldwin, Berry. Others he has drafted the majority of NFL analysts believe have the potential to become talented improvements to the team...once given the average fair time it takes for such players to evolve & adapt in to the NFL based upon their positions. Those players include Powe, Poe, Arenas, & others.

Bottom line realistically, & likely from Hunts wise viewpoint...Scott Pioli has not only improved the franchise & team in his 3 completed seasons as GM, he's drafted obvious young talent, and made the playoffs in his 2nd year, & damn near his 3rd even with multiple obstacles hindering such. Pioli is now in his 4th year, since it's not over, he's not been the GM for 4 years as many fans claim.

Back to replacing Pioli...a new GM will want to start from scratch as most GM's do. He will clean house, from front office staff to coaching, and also make adjustments to the roster he feels are needed for 'his plan'. Peterson did it in 1989, Pioli in 2009, another will do the same, guaranteed.

Since it's a proven fact it takes an average of 3-5 years for a new GM to be successful to the point of his franchise being serious playoff contenders...fans are looking at the earliest...2016, as much as 2018 or even longer, before they can realistically & fairly expect a playoff spot.

Don't take my word for it...do the research of statistics yourself. Teams that frequently change GM's & coaching staff every 3-5 years lose more than win. Teams that retain GM, coaching staff, & roster consistency begin winning consistently & consecutive seasons once surpassing that 3-5 yr. average. Impatience unwilling to allow a fair amount for a young regime & team to evolve to a peak performance level...will do a franchise & team in most every time.

Change is not the key to winning...consistency combined with fair & reasonable time for trial & error evolving to perfection...is the key to winning. The worst thing that could happen to the Chiefs at this critical 3 1/2 season mid point would be to fire the GM, start over again from the ground up.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Change is not the key to winning...consistency combined with fair & reasonable time for trial & error evolving to perfection...is the key to winning. The worst thing that could happen to the Chiefs at this critical 3 1/2 season mid point would be to fire the GM, start over again from the ground up.
    Connie posted a lot, so if you don't read anything else, read this last line from her last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    You are correct, purging the team and starting over would not equal success. However, the trial & error means some corrections have to be made when you find the errors. Hiring a coach with a failed record as head coach, and is proving why, was an error. The same coach is our DC, and his Defense has given up 30+ points 12 times in 23 games. You have to evaluate those things and come to the conclusion that someting is on the wrong path and make a change. He was a bad choice as DC and HC and it's clear he can't do both at the same time. It's disaster. Ignoring problems doesn't equal success either!

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    You are correct, purging the team and starting over would not equal success. However, the trial & error means some corrections have to be made when you find the errors. Hiring a coach with a failed record as head coach, and is proving why, was an error. The same coach is our DC, and his Defense has given up 30+ points 12 times in 23 games. You have to evaluate those things and come to the conclusion that someting is on the wrong path and make a change. He was a bad choice as DC and HC and it's clear he can't do both at the same time. It's disaster. Ignoring problems doesn't equal success either!
    Coming off a season like we did in 2011, fan & team morale was low. The fan base & team were in overwhelming favor of Crennel being named HC. It is a fact that Clark Hunt plays an important role in all the critical decision making. There is a reason Jeff Fisher & other potential candidates to replace Haley, flew to Dallas during the off season to meet with Clark at his home there. Pioli also flew to Dallas for the coaching interviews held at Hunt's home. The reality is however, there weren't *that* many proven HC candidates available last season end. Fisher's choice of choosing St. Louis was a wiser one for him personally, than KC, considering their advantageous position in the 2012 draft, having young Bradford as QB, they're sitting pretty for a new HC's chances to succeed.

Clark is a wise & successful businessman who must look at the bigger picture, consider all pro's & con's. Promoting Crennel to HC had more pro's than con's at the time. His record at Cleveland is at best, a minimal con, since no one succeeds in Cleveland, including Belichick. Hunt knew it would be a morale boost to the fan base & team to promote Crennel to HC, & Pioli knew the same. An emotionally healthy fan base & team & winning go hand & hand.

They also knew the team was familiar with Crennel, another pro to hiring Crennel. Crennel is a successful DC, of that there is little question or doubt, that is another pro. DC's often become successful HC's.

I agree in that, the mistake in my humble opinion I believe is, Crennel attempting to do two coaching jobs, each of which respectably is a full time job & then some. Our defense looked good with Romeo as DC. I'm hopeful that mistake will be corrected by Crennel, Pioli, & Hunt in the off season, as it's not feasible to correct it now. :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast