Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After the Loss .. maybe there's some spark!

Default After the Loss .. maybe there's some spark!

At least today we show some progress ..

Our D stand up and play in great level.

Our OL played pretty good.

Our RBs a doing pretty good job. I hope we can let JC rest time on time and not make it our only weapon.

Even Special Teams play well ..

But for sure it was pretty clear that OC and HC don't trust Cassel anymore.

Today game plan may be was take some heat off from Cassel. But I guess instead help him out. Make him look worse. 2 Ints .. and a fumble that kills Matt last chance for redemption.

Clearly on the drive he got hurt you can see that Cassel got fear, insecurity and most important he loose his teamates trust.

I see tru whole game Quinn with the Helmet On ready to get in. And As soon he get into the game ..

I can see a clearly change of mentality .. a SPARK ..
    CONFIDENCE .. and DESIRE .. after being not able to throw a pass for so long. He look pretty good on his first attempt. May be deep inside Cassel's Teamates they were lookin' for Quinn to get in and show more confidence and provide more leadership than Matt actually shown thru all the game.

This week will be a Nightmare for Cassel, Romero and mostly Pioli.

Piolio IMO can't any more say there's no competition for Matt .. Isn't clearly that Cassel already lost the faith of their mates?

Quinn need to excel on practice .. and backup that spark WE all see when he take the controls at Offense.

If Matt is healthy and clear for play .. how long will be in the field? The pressure won't only come from the fans .. will come from the team itself.

I guess that Quinn will get a LOT of snaps this week.

and if he can keep that spark going at least we could become a competitive team.

IMO Pioli's job is already going down toilet, as soon as Quinn shows much more leadership than Cassel. He will be doomed.

Also I guess that Quinn will develop a better Passing distribution. Not only focus on D.Bowe .. J. Baldwin had show flashes .. and maybe all Jonathan needs was a different QB. Also if Quinn success JC could be NFL leading rusher.

What are your thoughts of that SPARK that teams showed with Quinn at QB..

I Like what im hearing ! give quinn the reins. maybe the change will do some good! at 1 and 4,what do they have to lose?

Agreed....everybody and their brother can see that a change at QB is needed. The whole team has lost faith in Cassel and can see he is crippling their whole Offense.

Quinn can't do any worse and he can throw the football better. Granted, he may need to shake off some rust after 2 seasons of inactivity, but who knows? He may catch fire the same way Rich Gannon did in 1997.

I didn't get to see the whole game, and only one of the interceptions, which didn't appear to me to be Cassel's fault, it bounced off of Bowe's hands.

Did not get to watch the game at all. working nights. On a better note- the chargers look like they will lose and the Donks lost as well. It's still a race. Sorry to see Cassel get hurt. Not enthused that Quinn is the back up but hopefully something gets going here. the D played well today-gives me some hope. Charles is just a beast and so is Houston. It's not over. Stay classy KC.

I think the Cassel experiment can officially be labeled a "failure." Anyone with eyes could see the game plan had been completely altered to diminish Cassel's role. It looked an AWFUL lot like Denver's offense last year with Tebow at the helm... that says A LOT.

The Chiefs won that game. They had 3 touchdowns taken from them between the Cassel fumble at the 1, the Bowe slant TD, and the Flacco strip. The refs definitely did their part in helping the Chiefs to 1-4.

The defense looks like they're starting to hit their stride. That was a pretty good offense they just shut down today. Even with all the turnovers, the Chiefs still should have won that game... and probably would have if they had known they had to play the refs as well.

The run game looked like they were in full-on BEAST mode. They've carved up some pretty good defenses with their run game already this year. If they could just find an average QB, this team could still make a push.

I'm sorry, but 1st and goal at the 1... there's absolutely NO excuse for that. You've got at least 3 point blank shots to push across. You try to get cute by quick-snapping and it bites you in the ***. I blame Cassel more than the guy playing the second game of his career at center.

I think this season you're only seeing how vitally important it is to have a QB who can protect the ball. Some people say most of these INTs weren't Cassel's fault. I think that's a load of crap. He's making poor throws into tight windows and when the WRs can't make the circus catch, it's gifted on a platter to one of the 3 or sometimes 4 defenders in the immediate area. WRs miss balls all the time. Do you honestly think it's just a coincidence that the balls the KC WRs miss are intercepted? He's throwing into traffic ALL THE TIME. How many times did Bowe have to dive for the ball on a simple 7-yard comeback route? It's no wonder the OC doesn't want him part of the offense anymore. Every time the ball is in his hands, you hold your breath because you don't know what you're gonna get... he's the NFLs metaphorical box of chocolates.

This is a pretty good team with a really bad QB.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think the Cassel experiment can officially be labeled a "failure." Anyone with eyes could see the game plan had been completely altered to diminish Cassel's role. It looked an AWFUL lot like Denver's offense last year with Tebow at the helm... that says A LOT.

The Chiefs won that game. They had 3 touchdowns taken from them between the Cassel fumble at the 1, the Bowe slant TD, and the Flacco strip. The refs definitely did their part in helping the Chiefs to 1-4.

The defense looks like they're starting to hit their stride. That was a pretty good offense they just shut down today. Even with all the turnovers, the Chiefs still should have won that game... and probably would have if they had known they had to play the refs as well.

The run game looked like they were in full-on BEAST mode. They've carved up some pretty good defenses with their run game already this year. If they could just find an average QB, this team could still make a push.

I'm sorry, but 1st and goal at the 1... there's absolutely NO excuse for that. You've got at least 3 point blank shots to push across. You try to get cute by quick-snapping and it bites you in the ***. I blame Cassel more than the guy playing the second game of his career at center.

I think this season you're only seeing how vitally important it is to have a QB who can protect the ball. Some people say most of these INTs weren't Cassel's fault. I think that's a load of crap. He's making poor throws into tight windows and when the WRs can't make the circus catch, it's gifted on a platter to one of the 3 or sometimes 4 defenders in the immediate area. WRs miss balls all the time. Do you honestly think it's just a coincidence that the balls the KC WRs miss are intercepted? He's throwing into traffic ALL THE TIME. How many times did Bowe have to dive for the ball on a simple 7-yard comeback route? It's no wonder the OC doesn't want him part of the offense anymore. Every time the ball is in his hands, you hold your breath because you don't know what you're gonna get... he's the NFLs metaphorical box of chocolates.

This is a pretty good team with a really bad QB.

Not disagreeing, I was just speaking as to the INT I was able to see which, to me, looked like it hit Bowe in the hands and bounced off. One could also point to, seemingly, Bowe's inconsistency over the years as well. It seems, at times, that the circus catch was all Bowe could make while he would drop the simple passes that hit him in the hands. I do agree, however, that when Quinn came in that the team responded.

im not familiar with quinn but when he came in today there was a orton like feeling. As average as they might be. It was am enormous improvement. The few plays were confident and im looking forward to it next week. Not cassel!

The difference in the team was immediate. There was a reason to play hard again, because there was atleast the CHANCE that the QB wasn't going to crap all over the rest of the team.

Quinn might stink up arrowhead, we won't know until he gets more game time. He isn't going to make the situation any worse.

I know when I saw him hit Bowe in STRIDE, I pooped a little. I had forgotten it was even an option for a KC receiver to get a ball coming at him without being double/triple teamed having to make an acrobatic jump and catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I didn't get to see the whole game, and only one of the interceptions, which didn't appear to me to be Cassel's fault, it bounced off of Bowe's hands.
    Things like that happen which is why smart QBs throw the ball to the receiver who is open, such as Maneri in that instance. It also helps if you don't stare at your intended target the entire time.

Eric Winston can hate me all he wants but I was glad to see Cassel knocked out. It looked to me like Cassel was also happy to be knocked out, and who can blame him.

Quinn has been riding the pine for 2 seasons, he has been waiting. For a guy walking into the game cold off the bench he looked okay to me.

Also, probably won't bother with the thread specific to it, but the ref's blew the fumble play dead way to soon. On the flip side it was nice to be close enough to winning late in the game to actually be robbed by them.

Looks like the Quin era has begun. Atleast for this season anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast