Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who should be are starting QB at Bucs?

Default Who should be are starting QB at Bucs?

1. Cassel
    2. Quinn
    3. Stanzi
    SHUT IT

I say we stay with Cassel at this point. If he can play, then put him back in.

I do not want the pathetic to win in this case. Keep fighting for change, I am with you, but not like this.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I say we stay with Cassel at this point. If he can play, then put him back in.

I do not want the pathetic to win in this case. Keep fighting for change, I am with you, but not like this.
    Wow you must be either smoking crack or playing for draft position. Matt Cassel should never take another snap as a Kansas City Chief.

First ... if Matt Cassel is in the game Romeo is going to run the ball every play and get Charles killed or at least burn him out like Herm did Larry Johnson (ruined him as a player before his character did)

Second Matt himself will get our receivers killed .. hurt much worse then his little punk a$$ got hurt today.

Third ... It has all went to his head now ... he is listening to the fans and confidence is shot.

Fourth ... I could keep going but I am going to let it drop there ... I like Matt Cassel as a person... I liked Brodie Croyle as a person NEITHER of them has what it takes to be a quarterback in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    hurt much worse then his little punk a$$ got hurt today.

... I like Matt Cassel as a person... I liked Brodie Croyle as a person NEITHER of them has what it takes to be a quarterback in the NFL.
    Seems like quite a contradiction, to call someone you like a punk ***.

Ive seen Brady Quinn play. Just because he threw 3 good passes doesnt mean he should be a starting QB.

If Cassel is healthy, put him in. If he is anything but 100%, play Quinn.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Seems like quite a contradiction, to call someone you like a punk ***.

Ive seen Brady Quinn play. Just because he threw 3 good passes doesnt mean he should be a starting QB.

If Cassel is healthy, put him in. If he is anything but 100%, play Quinn.
    Cassel has never been 100% in his life ... he is a nothing QB whos time on the money train is over. Let him retire with the money he has never earned before he really gets hurt.

I say put Quinn in there. Cassel has been given chance after chance to prove himself. So far he has failed to do so.

I've supported Cassel up to now, but it's definitely time to give Quinn a chance. Cassel's confidence is gone. Quinn looked much more in command today. I didn't really care for what I saw in Quinn in the preseason, but I did like what I saw in the limited time he had today. At this point I'd like to see him get a chance.

That said, I totally agree with what Winston said after the game.
    The Chiefs are Back!

I say Quinn but It looks like Cassel won't be playing anyway due to his concussion.

Here is the deal. Quinn gets put in there and he might be good for a game maybe two. But, we got him off the scrap heap too.
    So I guess the answer to the question is none of the above, there is not one QB on this roster that I want to start. But I hope Quinn gets in there and proves me wrong

Just a thought...trade for Tebow...never been a huge fan but he did win in Denver

As we all know, throughout the off-season there were a lot of debates about Cassel. I was one of the people that defended him, but I always qualified it by saying that this was his year to put up or shut up and go away.

And for me, a third of the way through this season, it's time for Cassel to shut up and go away. I think his time in KC is done.

Will Quinn or Stanzi be any better? NO CLUE. Sure, Quinn looked good, but in my experience almost any quarterback coming in off the bench looks good....at least for a couple of drives. The change in a QB's style almost always seems to confuse the opposing defense for a few series. And the team always seems to rally around the QB coming in off the bench and play a little harder for him.

I'm all done with Cassel as our starting QB. I have no faith in him. The fan base has no faith in him. The team doesn't seem to have any faith in him. Time for him to go.

Will Quinn or Stanzi be any better? I don't know, but let's just say I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. Was Orton any better than Cassel last year? Maybe a little, but only a little. He was nothing special. And I doubt Quinn or Stanzi are anything special either.

IMO it is time management started SERIOUSLY scouting the QBs who will be available in the draft this year and started figuring out what they are going to do to get a us a high enough draft pick to get the one they think is best. Because I don't see ANY of the QBs currently on our roster as being the guy that is going to lead us to a playoff win more to the point a Superbowl appearance.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast