Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who should be are starting QB at Bucs?

Default Who should be are starting QB at Bucs?

1. Cassel
    2. Quinn
    3. Stanzi
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    As we all know, throughout the off-season there were a lot of debates about Cassel. I was one of the people that defended him, but I always qualified it by saying that this was his year to put up or shut up and go away.

And for me, a third of the way through this season, it's time for Cassel to shut up and go away. I think his time in KC is done.

Will Quinn or Stanzi be any better? NO CLUE. Sure, Quinn looked good, but in my experience almost any quarterback coming in off the bench looks good....at least for a couple of drives. The change in a QB's style almost always seems to confuse the opposing defense for a few series. And the team always seems to rally around the QB coming in off the bench and play a little harder for him.

I'm all done with Cassel as our starting QB. I have no faith in him. The fan base has no faith in him. The team doesn't seem to have any faith in him. Time for him to go.

Will Quinn or Stanzi be any better? I don't know, but let's just say I wouldn't bet the mortgage on it. Was Orton any better than Cassel last year? Maybe a little, but only a little. He was nothing special. And I doubt Quinn or Stanzi are anything special either.

IMO it is time management started SERIOUSLY scouting the QBs who will be available in the draft this year and started figuring out what they are going to do to get a us a high enough draft pick to get the one they think is best. Because I don't see ANY of the QBs currently on our roster as being the guy that is going to lead us to a playoff win more to the point a Superbowl appearance.
    Well said

If I were the Chiefs, I'd start Cassel against the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    If I were the Chiefs, I'd start Cassel against the Bucs.
    At this point, I think the real question is "Will it make any damned difference?" Personally I am not sure the difference between our 3 quarterbacks is worth a warm bucket of spit.

TB has the 32nd pass defense but the 4th rush defense, so if charles can't get anything, any QB that plays SHOULD be able to get something going. Also, If the starting QB has a great game i'm not going to be too excited about it (proclaiming this guy needs to start or is the answer) because TB is just terrible against the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    TB has the 32nd pass defense but the 4th rush defense, so if charles can't get anything, any QB that plays SHOULD be able to get something going. Also, If the starting QB has a great game i'm not going to be too excited about it (proclaiming this guy needs to start or is the answer) because TB is just terrible against the pass.
    Well said!!! We know what we have in Cassel and it's not good enough. So it is time to give Quinn and Stanzi a chance to show if they amount to anything or are busts too. The rest of this season needs to be devoted to seeing if either of our remaining Quarterbacks are worth a damn.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345