Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston Audio

Default Eric Winston Audio

@TheBigLead: You absolutely MUST listen to this RT @JasonLisk: Eric Winston audio blasting Chiefs fans for booing QB injury Eric Winston Was Pissed About Fans Cheering Matt Cassel’s Injury: “We Are Not Gladiators” | The Big Lead

Audio is about half way down in blue

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I feel very bad for Matt Cassel on a personal level. Getting booed at the All-Star softball game and now this is something nobody should have to endure. It's terrible, and fans should be ashamed.

At the same time, Matt has proven in his tenure that he cannot win big games at the NFL level, and I don't believe he should be the quarterback of this team anymore. We really don't have any answer at QB, as I don't think Quinn or Stanzi are the saviors.

It just saddens me, as a fan, to see my favorite team crippled by one position on the roster...the most important position in football. It's not been addressed by this organization since they brought Cassel in, and it could ultimately be their downfall. Aside from that, I love the team that has been assembled. We just lack a talented quarterback that can consistently win.
    THIS

Now that I've calmed down from the brutal loss, I still want Cassel to somehow rebound from this. There's no doubt his confidence is in the tank. I'll still cheer for him to rattle off 11 straight wins. Unless Quinn comes in and plays out of his mind (doubtful), this organization is probably best served by starting Cassel the rest of the season.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Now that I've calmed down from the brutal loss, I still want Cassel to somehow rebound from this. There's no doubt his confidence is in the tank. I'll still cheer for him to rattle off 11 straight wins. Unless Quinn comes in and plays out of his mind (doubtful), this organization is probably best served by starting Cassel the rest of the season.
    Do I think Quinn is the answer ... that would be a no, I am a huge Iowa Hawkeyes fan, wasn't thrilled with Stanzi when he was there. Do I think he is the answer that would also be a no. That said ... I want Quinn to finish out the year as QB or at least Quinn play until someone else is brought in. Matt Cassel should NEVER again be allowed to put on a Chiefs jersey again. Also someone said that bring Quinn in and by the end of the year some would be begging for Cassel back... that would be a resounding NO from me .. mark this post whatever you need to do. I don't care how bad Quinn or Stanzi or whoever they put in plays I will never ever wish for Matt Cassel back ... To me that is like asking for Larry Johnson back ... I would rather see Brokie Croyle come in and play QB again then ever see Matt Cassel back in a Chiefs uniform.

Obviously not all the fans were cheering for Cassel's injury but it is a sad state of affairs that many in this country seem to think hatred and anger are virtues.
    The Chiefs are Back!

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    guess you didn't hear the cheers when Cassel got up???

and the cheers for Charles making a 1st down.
    No sarcasm needed. I even saw the same pr**s that were cheering the injury clapping when Matt got up.

It does not magically alter reality, and change that they had cheered the injury.

Is that what you were trying to do, is somehow use the fact that other cheering occurred to eliminate the facts?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    try, try and try some more to deny that many Chiefs fans cheered for the injury, but page 7 of the game thread here tells us all we need to know.
    Try, try, and try some more but many did NOT. We dont think 5 people did it. We know there were ALOT more than that! But they didnt ALL do it. He said 70,000, his choice of figures to use. That was probably the whole attendance for Sunday. He surely is referring to when people cheered for Quinn when he came in. I heard 70,000 then. If thats what he is having an internal struggle with, he needs to suck it up. We are cheering for a member of the Chiefs and he happened to come in because Cassel got clipped. Part of a tough and rough game. And you need to probably base your claims off of game footage rather than a Chiefs game thread forum, seeings thats the only "evidence" that counts. Youre using it as a "pulse" or consensus of what Chiefs fans feel. I think ALOT of us are on the same page. Some say f cassel, glad he got hurt. Obviously wrong. But most people would say people that take great joy in an injury, are wrong. Its just probably best for players to play and quit using 70,000 figures to say we all celebrated his injury. I personally was there and im one of the 70,000. So he represents me wrong and I speak for myself and take offense to that.

Chiefs fans being so proud of themselves for waving a "you suck" banner around the stadium, cheering their own concussed QB, spewing venom at the OT who stood up for the downed man, and accusing that QB of faking his injury.......

The reputation of being a classy fanbase is.gone. And the reaction is to lash out.....

FAIL!

I was there too, as were many friends I tailgate with. Myself and over 50 friends sitting in various sections & levels of Arrowhead, did witness & hear celebrating by fans when Cassel was hurt. They were yelling comments of joy & applauding in some cases. I had friends who almost got in to fights with the fans behaving so repulsively when they told them to have some class for our injured QB.

No, it wasn't 70,000, but there were A LOT. I think it depended upon where you were sitting, upper level doesn't always hear what occurs in lower level, & vice versa. I've had 50 or more friends say it happened in their section, but others say it didn't in theirs.

I also know that a couple Ravens players heard it, and made brief comments about it. Other Chiefs players besides Winston made comments to the media about it too, who also heard/witnessed it, but Eric was the most vocal, so his comments are the ones stirring media & fans.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Try, try, and try some more but many did NOT. We dont think 5 people did it. We know there were ALOT more than that! But they didnt ALL do it. He said 70,000, his choice of figures to use. That was probably the whole attendance for Sunday. He surely is referring to when people cheered for Quinn when he came in. I heard 70,000 then. If thats what he is having an internal struggle with, he needs to suck it up. We are cheering for a member of the Chiefs and he happened to come in because Cassel got clipped. Part of a tough and rough game. And you need to probably base your claims off of game footage rather than a Chiefs game thread forum, seeings thats the only "evidence" that counts. Youre using it as a "pulse" or consensus of what Chiefs fans feel. I think ALOT of us are on the same page. Some say f cassel, glad he got hurt. Obviously wrong. But most people would say people that take great joy in an injury, are wrong. Its just probably best for players to play and quit using 70,000 figures to say we all celebrated his injury. I personally was there and im one of the 70,000. So he represents me wrong and I speak for myself and take offense to that.
    I think where some of the confusion may be coming from, is many of those fans behaving repulsively weren't 'cheering' persay, as we're accustom to defining it. I think Eric used the word "cheer" but alot of what he heard were yells of heckling happy comments by fans when Matt was hurt. I didn't hear "cheering" in my section, but I did hear fans applaud & yell happy comments about Matt being hurt. Many of my friends in various sections upper & lower levels, said thats what they heard too...yells of heckling happy comments by fans near them, that Matt was hurt.

The cheering of Brady coming on to the field, likely was mixed in with the heckling yells by those happy Matt was hurt.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Making matters worse, is all across the internet Chiefs fans are now bashing Eric Winston, calling him very vulgar names, totally displaying disrespect towards yet another player. I can only hope media doesn't pick up now on all the fan hatred towards Eric. They're cutting off their noses to spite their faces. All they're doing by calling Eric vulgar names publicly...is proving our fan base is exactly as Eric described.

They've even flooded Erics official Facebook page & website with vulgar comments & name calling.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast