Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston Audio

Default Eric Winston Audio

@TheBigLead: You absolutely MUST listen to this RT @JasonLisk: Eric Winston audio blasting Chiefs fans for booing QB injury Eric Winston Was Pissed About Fans Cheering Matt Cassel’s Injury: “We Are Not Gladiators” | The Big Lead

Audio is about half way down in blue

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    After hereing this I don't think the cheering for the injury was a large group at all. I still think this is a case of the actions of a small few made everyone look bad.

Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for? - KCTV5
    The cheering was not a long, extended cheering. It was after the play, when everybody noticed Cassel down on the ground.

It just sounds like the same crowd rumblings on this. But there was a significant cheering for the injury.

They were in front of me, behind me, to the right of me, and especially thrilled to the left of me.

Winston is dead-on.

I still think Cassel made out. 60 million dollars to get knocked out once and have people clap during it. I'd be happy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    Wow pathetic is your reaction. But i apologies. First i did not condem the ravens fans by your seats the ones by me were vary inapropriate. Also again i can only speek for the fans around me. They were not cheering i can tell you that much. Im not defending the fans who did cheer but to come out publicly condeming the entire crowd for cheering wasnt right to do either
    What I referred to as "pathetic" was your attack against Winston, just to try and deny the reality of how many there were.

There were no Ravens fans near where I was. But there were Broncos fans nearby, and they might have been the best behaved regarding the injury.

I didn't see them cheering at all.

But I heard "Just drag his a** off the field already" and "Good. I have been waiting for this" and "YEAH BABY! Now we might have a chance!"

But most significantly, I heard the roar of the crowd start to dwindle after the big gain, and then pick back up as if there was another big gain.

That is when I discovered that Cassel was down. I first thought there had to have been a penalty being tacked on, but then I caught the speech from the fans around me.

Again, it may not have been a majority in the stadium. But it was significant.

And the joy over the injury was steadily being expressed all around me as I made my way out to the car.

It hasn't ruined Arrowhead for me. But I was not realy thrilled to be associated with Chiefs fans right then.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    What I referred to as "pathetic" was your attack against Winston, just to try and deny the reality of how many there were.

There were no Ravens fans near where I was. But there were Broncos fans nearby, and they might have been the best behaved regarding the injury.

I didn't see them cheering at all.

But I heard "Just drag his a** off the field already" and "Good. I have been waiting for this" and "YEAH BABY! Now we might have a chance!"

But most significantly, I heard the roar of the crowd start to dwindle after the big gain, and then pick back up as if there was another big gain.

That is when I discovered that Cassel was down. I first thought there had to have been a penalty being tacked on, but then I caught the speech from the fans around me.

Again, it may not have been a majority in the stadium. But it was significant.

And the joy over the injury was steadily being expressed all around me as I made my way out to the car.

It hasn't ruined Arrowhead for me. But I was not realy thrilled to be associated with Chiefs fans right then.
    Well again i want to apologies my rambling does get annoying even to myself. Just really got to me that the comments portray that we all cheered

The cheering was not a long, extended cheering. It was after the play, when everybody noticed Cassel down on the ground.

It just sounds like the same crowd rumblings on this. But there was a significant cheering for the injury.

They were in front of me, behind me, to the right of me, and especially thrilled to the left of me.

Winston is dead-on.

I think your case is the exception. Most of the people who went to the game have said otherwise. And I know that a few idiots did cheer the injury there were also some boos that came when Cassel stood up from the idiots but I do think that our fan base is being a bit unfairly made out to be like it was a LARGE number cheering the injury. I just don't think that was the case. Like I said the actions of a few make us all look bad. That's unfair to our fan base but it's just how it goes. A few idiots shamed our whole fan base. A few on here cheered the injury or were happy when he got hurt. I think they also need to look in the mirror and learn that this is just football and a persons well being is far more important. That same goes to the idiots who cheered the injury and booed when Cassel stood up
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

well regardless his comments went viral. the media's have it posted and many forums as well. so we get the black eye
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I was cheering not the he got hurt bit cuz we would get a qb change in other words. Cassell will be ok. If he was seriously injured it would be a different story but honestly my first reaction was he was facking it cuz it didnt seem like a big of a hit. So i knew he was going to be fine.
    What people see is you cheering someone going down. Doesn't matter how you meant it. Someone is on the ground and you're clapping. Not only that but you have absolutely no idea that the guy is going to be ok. Some of the worst injuries are the ones that look minor.

so far the Chiefs are mum about his condition
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Winston is dead-on.
    First off, I wasn't at the game but I've talked to several that have. It seems that the cheering for Cassel was different based on sections. Some did in some sections and were promptly told to shut the $#!* up. Other sections people cheering were the majority.

I watched that section of the game a minimum of half a dozen times. It seems to me that there were "waves" of cheering. First it was that we got a first down. The ball is being moved and people are excited (1st group of cheering). Then people realize Cassel is hurt and most of the cheering dies off but some continues or new cheering starts up (2nd group). The second group was by far the least loud cheering. Next, Quinn is seen warming up (3rd group). This seemed louder then Cassel getting warmed up. Finally, Cassel is up and walking off the field (4th group). This noise was the greater than Cassel getting hurt and Quinn warming up but less than the first down.

Winston's comments are going to cause divisions in the fan base. Some will think he's right. Others hate being lumped into the entire fan base saying it's a bad fan base. Yet another group will be upset because they were happy another QB was coming in. But, they feel bad about being excited that Cassel had to be hurt for Quinn to come in. Finally a group will feel that Winston was completely wrong and justify them celebrating Cassel being hurt.

Personally I can be lumped into the group that thinks Winston is right. Has Winston played great? No. Is this a deflection? Who cares?!? People were cheering that a guy got hurt and I don't care who you are that's not cool. The part I don't like is that Winston lumped every fan together and said that 70,000 people cheered Cassel getting hurt.

The team hasn't done anything well enough to have 70,000 fans cheer anything. Once this team plays well he will find out what that sounds like inside Arrowhead. It's damn loud when that many are in unison.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast