Thread: I'm Always a KC fan...in S California

Default I'm Always a KC fan...in S California

Hi, everyone. I'm sure glad to be a part of the discussion. Tell me where's a good place to start. I've been a Chiefs fan from their first year in KC, from Dallas.

I'm happy to see Herm doing so well. I sure hope he remembers the Schottenheimer decision to play Elvis after Gannon had won something like eleven straight games. I thought that was the reason we lost the playoffs.

Now Schott is down south of me in San Diego. He's still Second Best Marty, only with a little ocean air in his lungs!

Just an opinion, but I've always thought so. Just hope he doesn't do the same with Damon and Trent...

Default Re: I'm Always a KC fan...in S California

Welcome to the board. I look forward to seeing you around. You bring up an interesting topic that I'd forgotten about. The Grbac for Gannon change in the playoffs. I am also hoping we stay with Huard till he stumbles. I'll trust the coach though.

Huard won't let anyone down. He's the "steady" not "stellar" type. And for a lot of 'O's that is a great thing :-)

calchief2 wrote:
    Hi, everyone. I'm sure glad to be a part of the discussion. Tell me where's a good place to start. I've been a Chiefs fan from their first year in KC, from Dallas.

I'm happy to see Herm doing so well. I sure hope he remembers the Schottenheimer decision to play Elvis after Gannon had won something like eleven straight games. I thought that was the reason we lost the playoffs.

Now Schott is down south of me in San Diego. He's still Second Best Marty, only with a little ocean air in his lungs!

Just an opinion, but I've always thought so. Just hope he doesn't do the same with Damon and Trent...
    Welcome aboard calchief2; glad you dropped by. I'm not so quick to jump off the Green bandwagon which seems to have dwindled in numbers by leaps and bounds while the Huard bandwagon seems to be increasing by droves. The Grbac / Gannon situation as compared to the Green / Huard situation is, to me, apples and oranges. Comparing Green to Grbac is (IMO) erroneous and the situation we have now is similar to the one then only in that we are winning with the backup, in fact we are winning with more then one backup at other positions.

The biggest difference in my mind is that Green allows us to use the entire offensive play book, instead of relying on a scaled down version of the offense; that opposing defenses will begin to start figuring out. The OC is beginning to call a better offensive game as well, which is why I'd like to see Green back when possible.

Shady wrote:
    Huard won't let anyone down. He's the "steady" not "stellar" type. And for a lot of 'O's that is a great thing :-)
    Huard has done a good job for us.

The Chiefs lost that playoff game for the same reason they lost all but 3 playoff games under Marty.

They lost because of Marty.

GrBac actually played a pretty good game, throwing for something like 280 yards.

You can blame GrBac, or Lin Elliot in in '95, or any other player or person, but the one common denominator in all those losses was MartyBall.

I can hear the pregame pep talk.

"Alright men, let's go out and not lose this game!"

Further, if you've been a Chief fan since '63, then you should see a closer similiarity to Livingston/Dawson in '69.

milkman wrote:
    The Chiefs lost that playoff game for the same reason they lost all but 3 playoff games under Marty.

They lost because of Marty.

GrBac actually played a pretty good game, throwing for something like 280 yards.

You can blame GrBac, or Lin Elliot in in '95, or any other player or person, but the one common denominator in all those losses was MartyBall.

I can hear the pregame pep talk.

"Alright men, let's go out and not lose this game!"

Further, if you've been a Chief fan since '63, then you should see a closer similiarity to Livingston/Dawson in '69.

Agreed!