Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    624
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Default someone who thinks eric winston is wrong


    0 Not allowed!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    If the opposing team had a player who was just demolishing every chance that the Chiefs had you wouldn't feel any kind of relief if he was knocked out the game?

    Throwing the BS flag on that one.

    It just so happens that the MVP for every Chiefs opponent this season was wearing a Chiefs jersey, I'm not going to feel any less relief just because of that.

    Lets be real about it, he wasn't life flighted out of the stadium to get immediate life saving surgery. He was squished between a couple of big beefy types, never hit in the head and taken out with a 'head injury'.

    With regards to Pioli taking a 'headshot' or getting 'blasted', I never said anything about him being injured. I'd just like to see them take some of these hits. I promise you that if Clark Hunt leaned/leaped out to try and catch some over the middle Cassel pass, that as soon as he was conscious again there'd be a different QB taking snaps.
    We are going to have to agree to disagree. I am not going to be involved in a debate where I'm going to be brought to the level of the lowest common denominator. Think what you want, I would not be happy over an injury to anyone. I really cannot help it that you seem to be a victim of shallow thinking, obviously incapable of believing anyone to be any different than yourself.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.


  3. #32
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    994
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    If a few people cheered because he was hurt, then that is on them. Bad Karma. I think Winston over-reacted and by all means should clarify and apologize. What Winston said was actually worse because he called everyone in that stadium, pathetic and sickening.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    one thing about Baldinger, he pulls no punch's and I agree with him. Winston made sure the entire media was there before ripping us. that's just flat wrong.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for?

    video
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    If a few people cheered because he was hurt, then that is on them. Bad Karma. I think Winston over-reacted and by all means should clarify and apologize. What Winston said was actually worse because he called everyone in that stadium, pathetic and sickening.

    ^^THIS!!^^

    I could not agree with you more man.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    he also insulted managements product or bottom line here.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I was at the game, as were many friends I know sitting in various sections of Arrowhead. I am the only one among my friends who didn't hear cheering for Matt's injury. I'm talking 50 or more friends heard it in their various sections. The reason I didn't hear it, is because I was solely focused on Matt laying on the ground, not paying attention to the crowd environment around me at all.

    Not only did my friends acknowledge it happening in their sections...other Chiefs players besides Eric have made public comments about witnessing it, and so have some of the Ravens players, saying they were appalled.

    It doesn't matter really whether or not every fan participated in the celebration of Cassel's injury...it only matters that enough fans participated that players on both teams witnessed it, as did many fans at the game.

    Some fans behind me were not *cheering* persay, but they were making derogatory comments being very happy Matt was injured & might not finish the game. They were also chanting throughout the game, "Brady, Brady, Brady"...it was distracting.

    Fans by a majority began booing & heckling Matt & the offense when they took the field for their first drive. They hadn't even made any mistakes, but the booing & heckling began anyway. They booed & heckled each time the offense took the field. :(

    I would imagine by the time Cassel was injured, the entire Chiefs roster had it's fill. They are not happy with Chiefs fans right now, at all. A fan base they once claimed was the best to play for in the NFL, and interact with. Many are withdrawing, no longer interacting among fans. Fans are disrupting their focus, making their job more difficult, beating down their morale & confidence when booing & heckling from the first drive to the last. :(
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 10-08-2012 at 06:02 PM.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,501
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I was at the game, as were many friends I know sitting in various sections of Arrowhead. I am the only one among my friends who didn't hear cheering for Matt's injury. I'm talking 50 or more friends heard it in their various sections. The reason I didn't hear it, is because I was solely focused on Matt laying on the ground, not paying attention to the crowd environment around me at all.

    Not only did my friends acknowledge it happening in their sections...other Chiefs players besides Eric have made public comments about witnessing it, and so have some of the Ravens players, saying they were appalled.

    It doesn't matter really whether or not every fan participated in the celebration of Cassel's injury...it only matters that enough fans participated that players on both teams witnessed it, as did many fans at the game.

    Some fans behind me were not *cheering* persay, but they were making derogatory comments being very happy Matt was injured & might not finish the game. They were also chanting throughout the game, "Brady, Brady, Brady"...it was distracting.

    Fans by a majority began booing & heckling Matt & the offense when they took the field for their first drive. They hadn't even made any mistakes, but the booing & heckling began anyway. They booed & heckled each time the offense took the field. :(

    I would imagine by the time Cassel was injured, the entire Chiefs roster had it's fill. They are not happy with Chiefs fans right now, at all. A fan base they once claimed was the best to play for in the NFL, and interact with. Many are withdrawing, no longer interacting among fans. Fans are disrupting their focus, making their job more difficult, beating down their morale & confidence when booing & heckling from the first drive to the last. :(
    If the crowd booing the offense is enough to take away a players focus the problem is the team is not focused and prepared.

    The same way you were unable to hear the noise when you were focused on Matt is the same focus this team should be playing with.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,977
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240
    Given: 430

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Is this the cheering Chiefs’ Winston blamed fans for?

    video
    This does give a different perspective.


  11. #40
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas City! HOME OF THE CHIIIEEEFS!
    Posts
    3,943
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Put yourself in Eric Winston's place, for just a brief moment. He spent most of the game hearing fans boo & heckle Matt, him, & the entire offense each time they took the field, & after plays. By the time Matt was injured, I would imagine the players were pretty upset.

    These men are like a family, they bond like brothers. They become defensive & protective of one another just like we all do over people we care about. How would you feel & react if someone you cared about was injured laying on the ground, and bystanders began celebrating in some manner? I bet most of you would be just as upset & angry as Eric Winston became, understandably so. I know I would've been upset had it happened to someone I care about dearly.

    "Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

    "The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Eric Winston Audio
    By #58ChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-10-2012, 02:50 PM
  2. Eric Winston
    By brdempsey69 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 07:35 AM
  3. Chiefs Sign Eric Winston
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 07:06 PM
  4. If the Chiefs get Eric Winston
    By matthewschiefs in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 03:44 AM
  5. RT Eric winston released.
    By nigeriannightmare in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 12:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •