Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Default someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Chiefster you know I respect you but I am going to stand firm on what I have said to others. If your embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan there is an easy way to cure it. Go find another team and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Regardless of the situation or some fans or perception by ESPN or Eric Winston or even other fans .... I WILL NEVER BE ASHAMED TO BE A CHIEFS FAN. And I also will not apologize for being happy that an alive walking Cassel isn't able to play QB ... and hope he never wears a Chiefs jersey again... if that means the end of his career so be it.
    The respect is mutual, but as I stated before I am not ashamed or embarrassed because of the team, or because of the coaching or administration for that matter but because of a few classless fans who took it upon themselves to degrade an entire fan base. I'm a fan and am not going anywhere regardless of any invitations to do otherwise. What I have stated is merely my opinion and we do not have to agree, but I will defend and stand by my right to feel on this subject as I see fit.

I'd cheer if Pioli took a headshot. Does that make me classless or just "frustrated" ?

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The respect is mutual, but as I stated before I am not ashamed or embarrassed because of the team, or because of the coaching or administration for that matter but because of a few classless fans who took it upon themselves to degrade an entire fan base. I'm a fan and am not going anywhere regardless of any invitations to do otherwise. What I have stated is merely my opinion and we do not have to agree, but I will defend and stand by my right to feel on this subject as I see fit.
    So in theory your not ashamed to be a fan more ashamed of some fans .. I can agree with that .. and respect that .. I just don't like the statement I am embarrassed to be a fan. I personally don't do anything I am embarrassed about. I have done things I wish I wouldn't have but I am never embarrassed to do something and continue to do said act.

Unhappy Wrong

What Eric Winston said, was dead on and i am glad a player had the guts to call the fans on such a pathetic display by our fellow fans.. This was the 1st time ive ever been almost ashamed to admit that i am a chiefs fan.. Winston said it best, when he said, " its a game and their not gladiators". For all of my fellow chiefs fans that participated in the cheering of our unconscious QB, growup and get a life! I love football but if your so wrapped up in it to the point that youd actually be happy and cheer at one of your own teams players getting knocked out. You really need to get your priorities straight..

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    I'd cheer if Pioli took a headshot. Does that make me classless or just "frustrated" ?
    I think this is a sad commentary, and I could not disagree more with the sentiment. Whether it makes you "classless" or "frustrated" I think it's sad that you would find approval in such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    So in theory your not ashamed to be a fan more ashamed of some fans .. I can agree with that .. and respect that .. I just don't like the statement I am embarrassed to be a fan. I personally don't do anything I am embarrassed about. I have done things I wish I wouldn't have but I am never embarrassed to do something and continue to do said act.
    We agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think this is a sad commentary, and I could not disagree more with the sentiment. Whether it makes you "classless" or "frustrated" I think it's sad that you would find approval in such a thing.

So you have never cheered when a football player made a good hit on a rival opponent?

I'm not sure what you're watching on Sundays but I am watching a violent sport. Multiple people are getting hit on every play of the game, the crowd goes nuts. I guess every football fan, except you of course because you are not cheering about the violence, are sad individuals.

I think some on field issues would be addressed immediately if some front office personnel had to come on the field and take some snaps in each game. I bet there'd be more depth on the offensive line immediately. And for this trainwreck of a team, yeah I wouldn't mine seeing the architect of it getting blasted by Ray Lewis, he deserves it a lot more than Charles does.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

And I don't secretly watch Three's Company ... I LOVE Three's Company and miss John Ritter .. I secretly watch Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    So you have never cheered when a football player made a good hit on a rival opponent?

I'm not sure what you're watching on Sundays but I am watching a violent sport. Multiple people are getting hit on every play of the game, the crowd goes nuts. I guess every football fan, except you of course because you are not cheering about the violence, are sad individuals.

I think some on field issues would be addressed immediately if some front office personnel had to come on the field and take some snaps in each game. I bet there'd be more depth on the offensive line immediately. And for this trainwreck of a team, yeah I wouldn't mine seeing the architect of it getting blasted by Ray Lewis, he deserves it a lot more than Charles does.
    I have never, EVER cheered for the injury of any opposing football player and certainly not when it happens to a player on my team. I simply don't believe anyone deserves to be injured.

If the opposing team had a player who was just demolishing every chance that the Chiefs had you wouldn't feel any kind of relief if he was knocked out the game?

Throwing the BS flag on that one.

It just so happens that the MVP for every Chiefs opponent this season was wearing a Chiefs jersey, I'm not going to feel any less relief just because of that.

Lets be real about it, he wasn't life flighted out of the stadium to get immediate life saving surgery. He was squished between a couple of big beefy types, never hit in the head and taken out with a 'head injury'.

With regards to Pioli taking a 'headshot' or getting 'blasted', I never said anything about him being injured. I'd just like to see them take some of these hits. I promise you that if Clark Hunt leaned/leaped out to try and catch some over the middle Cassel pass, that as soon as he was conscious again there'd be a different QB taking snaps.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast