Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Default someone who thinks eric winston is wrong

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

If Cassel had to be voted in as QB weekly none of this would be an issue. It amazes me that people on here think that fans should just shut up and not voice displeasure and others back Cassel to a fault and refuse to see that he is not now nor will ever be a starting QB in the league but because he was overpaid he is shoved down the loyal fans throats week after week. If you would like to pay me 60 Million to suck and be booed I would surely do it ... Sorry if poor Mattys feelings got hurt ... Healthy or not MATT ' BACKUP ' CASSEL should NEVER suit up as a Chief again, not even as a third string emergency QB.... If Egoli would have owned up to his mistake years ago he could have kept Cassel as a backup. That ship has now sailed he has no place on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    One huge difference...my focus was concentrated on someone injured for a brief few minutes. I wasn't a victim of relentless booing & heckling for 3 1/2 hours.

Try focusing on your job with a crowd of angry people booing & heckling you...how focused would you remain?

Why is it that some fans have the misconception that pro football players don't have the same emotions & limitations to breaking points that all humans have? The negative fan behavior has been occurring since the MLB All Star Charity Game when fans booed Cassel. It has occurred every pre-season & regular season home game. It wears a human being down, I don't care who you are or how much money you make...you're still human.
    You are absolutely wrong ... I will leave it at that.

and now every gun slinger in here from other teams are gonna be all over us
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I guess it really depends on the ability a person has at self-delusion.

In this instance you have taken the soap box route to chastise anyone who was glad Cassel was knocked out of the game citing how it’s horrible to cheer someone being injured. This arbitrary definition of what an injury is to is where you draw the line in the sand.

I guess that takes some really deep thinking.

To me, just your run of the mill lowest common denominator and all around shallow thinker, there is a much broader interpretation of what an injury is. Since it’s pretty shallow, you nor anyone else should have any problem keeping up with the line of thinking here.

These players are injured on every play of the game. As far as I’m concerned they are all injured on every play. American football is an inherently violent sport played in a brutal fashion by men who have no compunction about the reality of the damage they inflicting on themselves. As even stated by Winston in his rant, they know they are shortening their lives by playing this game and to them the trade off is worth it, as they find the monetary compensation adequate.

So, to me, it doesn’t take a player being carted off the field or pulled from the game due to a specific hit/injury for me to consider them injured. When I am watching a football game I see 22 walking wounded individuals. If you think I’m being overly dramatic or wrong about this, I suggest you call up the following individuals and ask them their opinion:

Shane Dronett
    Dave Duerson
    Ray Easterling
    Terry Long
    Kenny McKinley
    Junior Seau
    Andre Waters
    Mike Wise

The difference between how I think about it and how you seem to think about it is simple. If you don’t have to see the repercussions of the injury then it doesn’t exist. I simply refuse to lie to myself over this topic so I can feel better while watching the games. I’m not scared to admit that the violence of the game is one of its attracting features. This overly sensitive knee jerk reaction to attempt to distance oneself from the basic animalistic programming that exists in each of us is just a symptom of the continued feminization of the American male.

There isn’t anything wrong with enjoying the violence of the football game. What is morally wrong is trying to pretend it doesn’t exist and not taking the steps necessary to diminish the effects of the game on the players. There are safer helmets that are out there for the players and their use isn’t mandated. Shortening the football season is also a viable option. Hell, getting rid of the hard plastic helmets with the face masks would also help. You’re going to be much less inclined to lead with your head if it’s not wrapped in fiberglass.

But none of these options are openly on the table in terms of player safety because we as fans sit around and pretend that they’re not injured unless we can see it happen on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I was at the game, as were many friends I know sitting in various sections of Arrowhead. I am the only one among my friends who didn't hear cheering for Matt's injury. I'm talking 50 or more friends heard it in their various sections. The reason I didn't hear it, is because I was solely focused on Matt laying on the ground, not paying attention to the crowd environment around me at all.

Not only did my friends acknowledge it happening in their sections...other Chiefs players besides Eric have made public comments about witnessing it, and so have some of the Ravens players, saying they were appalled.

It doesn't matter really whether or not every fan participated in the celebration of Cassel's injury...it only matters that enough fans participated that players on both teams witnessed it, as did many fans at the game.

Some fans behind me were not *cheering* persay, but they were making derogatory comments being very happy Matt was injured & might not finish the game. They were also chanting throughout the game, "Brady, Brady, Brady"...it was distracting.

Fans by a majority began booing & heckling Matt & the offense when they took the field for their first drive. They hadn't even made any mistakes, but the booing & heckling began anyway. They booed & heckled each time the offense took the field. :(

I would imagine by the time Cassel was injured, the entire Chiefs roster had it's fill. They are not happy with Chiefs fans right now, at all. A fan base they once claimed was the best to play for in the NFL, and interact with. Many are withdrawing, no longer interacting among fans. Fans are disrupting their focus, making their job more difficult, beating down their morale & confidence when booing & heckling from the first drive to the last. :(
    I don't exist as a fan for the players of the Kansas City Chiefs. They exist as a team for me, and every other fan. If there are no fans, there is no team. That's the bottom line. If the Fans have had their "fill" then it is their right to voice their displeasure. The fan who is sick and tired of the performance of the team paid just as much as the fan who isn't.

What's sad is that we have been very vocal about this displeasure for a very long time and have been ignored. I don't think the franchise would be wise to follow the whim of the fanbase in its weekly decision making but at the same time if you just blantantly ignore us for years you create the kind of environment where an injury to the player that generates the most ire gets cheered.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    I guess it really depends on the ability a person has at self-delusion.

In this instance you have taken the soap box route to chastise anyone who was glad Cassel was knocked out of the game citing how it’s horrible to cheer someone being injured. This arbitrary definition of what an injury is to is where you draw the line in the sand.

I guess that takes some really deep thinking.

To me, just your run of the mill lowest common denominator and all around shallow thinker, there is a much broader interpretation of what an injury is. Since it’s pretty shallow, you nor anyone else should have any problem keeping up with the line of thinking here.

These players are injured on every play of the game. As far as I’m concerned they are all injured on every play. American football is an inherently violent sport played in a brutal fashion by men who have no compunction about the reality of the damage they inflicting on themselves. As even stated by Winston in his rant, they know they are shortening their lives by playing this game and to them the trade off is worth it, as they find the monetary compensation adequate.

So, to me, it doesn’t take a player being carted off the field or pulled from the game due to a specific hit/injury for me to consider them injured. When I am watching a football game I see 22 walking wounded individuals. If you think I’m being overly dramatic or wrong about this, I suggest you call up the following individuals and ask them their opinion:

Shane Dronett
    Dave Duerson
    Ray Easterling
    Terry Long
    Kenny McKinley
    Junior Seau
    Andre Waters
    Mike Wise

The difference between how I think about it and how you seem to think about it is simple. If you don’t have to see the repercussions of the injury then it doesn’t exist. I simply refuse to lie to myself over this topic so I can feel better while watching the games. I’m not scared to admit that the violence of the game is one of its attracting features. This overly sensitive knee jerk reaction to attempt to distance oneself from the basic animalistic programming that exists in each of us is just a symptom of the continued feminization of the American male.

There isn’t anything wrong with enjoying the violence of the football game. What is morally wrong is trying to pretend it doesn’t exist and not taking the steps necessary to diminish the effects of the game on the players. There are safer helmets that are out there for the players and their use isn’t mandated. Shortening the football season is also a viable option. Hell, getting rid of the hard plastic helmets with the face masks would also help. You’re going to be much less inclined to lead with your head if it’s not wrapped in fiberglass.

But none of these options are openly on the table in terms of player safety because we as fans sit around and pretend that they’re not injured unless we can see it happen on the field.
    None of your wordy deflection, in a vain attempt to prove some kind of superior intellectual reasoning, from the fact that it is sick to cheer because a player is injured does not in any way prove your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    None of your wordy deflection, in a vain attempt to prove some kind of superior intellectual reasoning, from the fact that it is sick to cheer because a player is injured does not in any way prove your case.
    Well, I guess since you typed it all out with words and everything on the internet it's automatically true. You clearly countered the argument effectively and cited cases that prove your ponit so well done.

The fact remains these guys are injured on an ongoing and constant basis. Cheering for football in any manner is cheering this on. If pretending otherwise makes you feel better, then by all means continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    Well, I guess since you typed it all out with words and everything on the internet it's automatically true. You clearly countered the argument effectively and cited cases that prove your ponit so well done.

The fact remains these guys are injured on an ongoing and constant basis. Cheering for football in any manner is cheering this on. If pretending otherwise makes you feel better, then by all means continue to do so.
    This is not in dispute, claiming that cheering for football is cheering on injury laden athletes because they are injured is at best flawed thinking. I don't need to site case file precedent to simply state, again, that it is sick to cheer that a player goes out of a game because they are injured. It is classless.

Personally I cheered that Cassel went out of the game and hopefully out for the season (I didn't cheer that he got hurt there is a distinction here). I don't like that it took injury but I am very glad he is out. I don't at all like the cause but I do like the result. I wish that Crennel and Egoli would have done there job and pulled him prior to that then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Personally I cheered that Cassel went out of the game and hopefully out for the season (I didn't cheer that he got hurt there is a distinction here). I don't like that it took injury but I am very glad he is out. I don't at all like the cause but I do like the result. I wish that Crennel and Egoli would have done there job and pulled him prior to that then we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    I understand that you are not glad he got injured.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast