Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crennel Tenure has begun.....

Lightbulb The Crennel Tenure has begun.....

Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here.

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    I had written the idea of Cowher ever coming back here even if he ever did come back to coaching, until he made the comments he made on Sunday. Before the game he predicted the Chiefs would still go 10-6 and win the West. Saying the team had way too much talent to be 1-3.

The odds are still low that he ever would come back here, but it gave me a bit of hope that he was making a hidden statement to management. I kinda see this team like San Fran a couple years ago. They were way underachieving with their coach. A competent coach comes in and takes them to the Championship game the next year and now they are a very competitive team and likely to be a perennial playoff contender.
    THIS!

I heard the same thing. That was an interesting statement to me and I see the same thing you do. I think Cowher could come in here with this team and do some pretty incredible things.

Someone said he could come in as DC? Not going to happen, not even in the wildest upside down dream you could imagine. If Cowher comes in here he is going to be in charge. I would tend to see it to be more like what is in New England when Pioli was there. Cowher would be in charge of everything and Pioli would be handling player personnel and the front office.

Cowher would be making all the calls on coaching, players to be drafted/signed and running of the team. Pioli would be responsible for making that happen.

Damn, I get excited just thinking about, even as much a long shot as it is.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    THIS!

I heard the same thing. That was an interesting statement to me and I see the same thing you do. I think Cowher could come in here with this team and do some pretty incredible things.

Someone said he could come in as DC? Not going to happen, not even in the wildest upside down dream you could imagine. If Cowher comes in here he is going to be in charge. I would tend to see it to be more like what is in New England when Pioli was there. Cowher would be in charge of everything and Pioli would be handling player personnel and the front office.

Cowher would be making all the calls on coaching, players to be drafted/signed and running of the team. Pioli would be responsible for making that happen.

Damn, I get excited just thinking about, even as much a long shot as it is.
    Remember when Hunt hired Pioli and they stated they wanted to model the franchise after the Steelers? Well that is one hell of a way to move tword that dream.

Sorry, but Cowher isn't coming to KC as long as Pioli is the GM. Jeff Fisher wanted no part of Pioli and what makes anyone think Cowher would want any part of Pioli?

Besides, I'd rather see the Chiefs do what SF did. Get a new GM and hire a successful coach from the college ranks like they did in early 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here.

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!
    Haley's daddy got him that job. If it wasn't for him, Haley would be stocking shelves at Hy-Vee.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'd be happy with him or Gruden.
    Chucky a Chief? I could go for that too! But still, there is some time to turn this around.We'll just have to see if the team can respond to all of this.

Why isn't anyone screaming for Crennel and/or Pioli to get canned!

We moan and groan about lack of talent..That is all fine and great. You do need talent but you also need a very good organization and GOOD coaches!

J. Charles is proving to be a heck of a back...Good for him.

This season is even more disgusting than last year.

We moan and groan about lack of talent..That is all fine and great. You do need talent but you also need a very good organization and GOOD coaches!

Bro everyone wants pioli and RAC gone but is highly unlikely pioli goes. I've heard something about a five year plan. RAC and Brian daboll need to go and quicky.

I have been screaming for Romeo to be gone. While others have gone on and on about the QB I've been right there pointing out all the others problems we have seen on this team and have said when the play is that poor across the board you have to put that on the head coach and I have said that If we got a new QB it wouldn't make that much of a difference under this coaching staff. But I agree not enough has been said about this fact.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

What about nick saban I heard he's coming to the nfl and he's looking at the browns. Btw he has a gm going with

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    What about nick saban I heard he's coming to the nfl and he's looking at the browns. Btw he has a gm going with
    Hell no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast