Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crennel Tenure has begun.....

Lightbulb The Crennel Tenure has begun.....

Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here.

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Many months ago, when Crennel was the candidate for HC, I was against it and I took a LOT of heat from the Kool-Aid crew around here.

So.........

How do you spin it now?

What is the excuse? Getting rid of that cancer of a coach Todd Haley was supposed to heal ALL. Now I see that Pitts offense is very successful and Big Ben is ranked #1 in several stats...POSITIVE STATS.

My guess is that Haley did not have to bring a sack of pacifiers with him when he rolled into PA.

Can't wait to hear!!!
    What in the WORLD are you smoking? The Steelers have beat a horrible Jets team that couldn't find the end zone with a map. Then they had to squeak one out against the Eagles after Vick turned the ball over twice! Past that they've been beat by the Raiders and the Broncos.

Those four teams have an 8-10 record combined. If I remember right you were calling out the Chiefs when they had an "easy" schedule. Haley's had an "easy" schedule.

I myself was split on the whole idea or say more 60-40 against it. I just wasn't sure. I would like to go back and blame Haley for messing up any chance we had. I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!

I was hoping RAC wasn't going to get the nod for head coach.

The thought process for me was simple. Crennel is an elite level 3-4 defensive coordinator. If he gets promoted to head coach and it doesn't work out, then when he's fired we lose him as the defensive coordinator. I've never seen a head coach get fired and accept a demotion back to a coordinator position.

Now it appears to be playing out that way and with our luck Crennel will be defensive coordinator for the Raiders or Broncos next season :(

Haley was not the answer, I maintain that. Crennel is not the answer either. I was a little surprised when Hunt handed him the head coaching job to be honest, I fully expected someone else to come in.

But more and more I am getting on the anti-Pioli bandwagon. I think it is still a little early, but I think Pioli is beginning to grow on my in a negative way. I will have to wait and see what happens after this year.

I still think there is a plan to get Cowher here.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I myself was split on the whole idea or say more 60-40 against it. I just wasn't sure. I would like to go back and blame Haley for messing up any chance we had. I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!
    Hey, I was 99% sure on Romeo but I don't know why I didnt take his Cleveland stint into account? *bangs head*

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Haley was not the answer, I maintain that. Crennel is not the answer either. I was a little surprised when Hunt handed him the head coaching job to be honest, I fully expected someone else to come in.

But more and more I am getting on the anti-Pioli bandwagon. I think it is still a little early, but I think Pioli is beginning to grow on my in a negative way. I will have to wait and see what happens after this year.

Nirvana! I like RAC, I'll continue to support him (though it seems both the HC and DC job is a bit much) but if we ever have the chance for the Jaw to come back, I say take it!!

I had written the idea of Cowher ever coming back here even if he ever did come back to coaching, until he made the comments he made on Sunday. Before the game he predicted the Chiefs would still go 10-6 and win the West. Saying the team had way too much talent to be 1-3.

The odds are still low that he ever would come back here, but it gave me a bit of hope that he was making a hidden statement to management. I kinda see this team like San Fran a couple years ago. They were way underachieving with their coach. A competent coach comes in and takes them to the Championship game the next year and now they are a very competitive team and likely to be a perennial playoff contender.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I knew the second Charlie Weis left we were doomed. Thank you Todd Haley!
    +1. Do not miss Todd Haley one bit.

Crennel's coaching career is in his own hands. He must start winning. They can't go on the field unprepared. The Bills game, the Chargers game - horrible. Crennel needs to start showing everyone he didn't get the job by default.

With that being said...Right now would be an awesome time for Cowher to step in and be a defensive cooridinator. We're running a 3-4 with monster linebackers similar to what we did in '91. If anybody could get Poe and Jackson to pickup their game...It'd be Cowher.

It'd give Crennel the chance to focus more on being a HC and fix the offense, and if Crennel didn't work out, just promote Cowher from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

I'd be happy with him or Gruden.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast