Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

Default Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

Romeo Crennel talks about the controversial comments of Eric Winston

If you're holding your breath for an apology exhale.

Edit: The Winston audio is on the same page.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 10-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

I sure hope no one ever snaps a photo of him at a boxing match or an mma fight with his buddies. Im sure he will hear some "you sicken me" slurs and jabs

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I sure hope no one ever snaps a photo of him at a boxing match or an mma fight with his buddies. Im sure he will hear some "you sicken me" slurs and jabs
    As much as some would like to believe otherwise, the purpose in football is NOT to hurt the opponents.

If THAT is. What you are looking for then The UFC might better suit your desires.

Injuries are an unintended side effect in football.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As much as some would like to believe otherwise, the purpose in football is NOT to hurt the opponents.

If THAT is. What you are looking for then The UFC might better suit your desires.

Injuries are an unintended side effect in football.
    How many times have the rules been changed to tighten the game up from these guys trying to take each others heads off? Protecting qbs, protecting people coming across the middle, etc, etc, etc. And how many times have you heard fans complain that they are watering down the game? Its super violent, this isnt touch football. He just came across in his statement like he doesnt condone sickening violent behavior. Soooo, i hope he doesnt attend any animalistic society devolving activities. He pointed out why society would relish seeing a person knocked out, no matter who it was, and its sickening. So walk the walk, dont contribute to the downward spiral?

Its also interesting. On sporting news, right now, we are the #1 story, just ahead of the chicago fan murdered in Jacksonville. I think the media needs to reprioritize thier stories. We need Winston to do a speech for them about society and its warped order of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Its also interesting. On sporting news, right now, we are the #1 story, just ahead of the chicago fan murdered in Jacksonville. I think the media needs to reprioritize thier stories. We need Winston to do a speech for them about society and its warped order of priorities.
    I'm pretty disappointed in Eric not making a better effort to put his bus driver hat on and shame the media for the way they ran with this story. He admits the figure was exaggerated but does nothing to say how unfairly the ENTIRE fanbase is being slaughtered.

Slaughtered is the best word ive heard to describe it. We have become a human behavioral study, here. Round table discussions by people that dont have a clue, figuring out what made the civilized city turn into bloodthirsty animals. Its wonderful.

Hmmm, I think this thing is over blown for sure and aimed at the wrong places but why apologize when he's standing up for his teammate. More people should stand up for them and one another if you ask me... I think everyone wants to be right and until we start to win it will continue that way.
    Last edited by KristofLaw; 10-09-2012 at 08:45 AM.

he hit the big time. or was it us??? GMATV ran the story this morning that included his 70,000 cheering fans. oh wait how many??? and videos. the slayer of Chief fans. atta boy Eric.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    I think this thing is over blown for sure and aimed at the wrong places but why apologize when he's standing up for his teammate.
    Agreed. The guy called it like he saw it, from his point of view all he sees is a bunch of people cheering in their seats.

The media acts like he needed to discern every last voice and narrow it down, or not speak at all. If he could do that, I'd say to Eric to forget the NFL, become a conductor for the London Symphony ("You there!! Cellist in the back row!! YOU'RE OUT OF TUNE !!! And for heaven's sake, play dominant 7th arpeggios instead of major 7ths - I can hear it from here!!")

Again, he called it like he saw it. Glad that he did. Might actually light a fire in that locker room and get guys to take their jobs more seriously. Leave it at that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast