Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,499
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement


    0 Not allowed!
    Romeo Crennel talks about the controversial comments of Eric Winston

    If you're holding your breath for an apology exhale.



    Edit: The Winston audio is on the same page.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 10-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,499
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

    He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

    I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

    If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,499
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.
    That's a fair statement to make in broad terms and I would agree with it. My only issue is the spin of the media to take a misquote and try to make this fan base look like Philly or Oakland, not in the message he was trying to convey.

    Mitch Holthus on Chiefs Live stood up against the overblown media hype on the Chiefs website and I was happy to see both he and Kendall say what they did as well. It's just a sad and depressing it has come to this. It's not as if that defense will ever be known to the knee jerk folks that did everything they could to make us look like ****.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,310
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

    I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

    If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.
    I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

    Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

    We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,023
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

    Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

    We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.
    Winston's now the hero of the NFL. he's right and we're the bums and trash. all of us. you should hear em talkin'. i am
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,499
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.
    In the football community our history and tradition will over ride that notion except the faiders fan base who come in and embrace such nonsense. As far as real football fans go, they know we have a big issue at quarterback and have for a long time, the majority are not going to side with the mob mentality that has been portrayed. I believe their smart enough to know what really happened.

    The people who are not adept in the football community are the ones who will not be able to understand that the entire stadium did not erupt in applause. Which is going to leave them as folks who would never want to come see the truth, even if they were remotely interested in seeing a game before. Basically the same way no one really wants to walk up in jokelands baseball/football stadium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Join my "Draft Eric Berry in KC" Facebook page!
    By buffman316 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 07:15 PM
  2. Eric Berry Jumps 43"
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum The Locker Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 12:33 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •