Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

Default Eric Winston "Clarification" of Statement

Romeo Crennel talks about the controversial comments of Eric Winston

If you're holding your breath for an apology exhale.

Edit: The Winston audio is on the same page.
    Last edited by #58ChiefsFan; 10-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.

The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The message was the right thing to do and I applaud him for doing so. However the media portrayal of his comments, which were inaccurate, is not correct. As a member of this organization, he should have made a better attempt to tell people who know only what is reported that it has been misrepresented.

He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If you took offense, then I truly believe that you were offended because you relate yourself with the people he was upset about.
    That's a fair statement to make in broad terms and I would agree with it. My only issue is the spin of the media to take a misquote and try to make this fan base look like Philly or Oakland, not in the message he was trying to convey.

Mitch Holthus on Chiefs Live stood up against the overblown media hype on the Chiefs website and I was happy to see both he and Kendall say what they did as well. It's just a sad and depressing it has come to this. It's not as if that defense will ever be known to the knee jerk folks that did everything they could to make us look like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He spoke out against fans, a big no-no. Clearly he was compelled be emotions and PC and even-mindedness tend to fall by the wayside when emotions speak.

I continue to support our ROT sticking up for his injured QB. He was upset with people who were cheering not everybody else.

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. I took offense because if you know nothing about Chiefs fans from experience what will you base your opinion of them from? The national media. What has the national media been saying for the past three days now? We're horrible fans that applaud their own team getting hurt.

Unfortunately because of the hyper speed of communication we have perception is becoming reality. The spirit of Winston's message I agree with. Anyone applauding an injury is disgusting. But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.

We as a fan base haven't earned the disdain that some of the thugs have given the Raiders fan base. A bad apple doesn't rot the whole bushel.
    Winston's now the hero of the NFL. he's right and we're the bums and trash. all of us. you should hear em talkin'. i am
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    But now everyone in KC applaud's injuries and that's the mentality that opposing fans will bring.
    In the football community our history and tradition will over ride that notion except the faiders fan base who come in and embrace such nonsense. As far as real football fans go, they know we have a big issue at quarterback and have for a long time, the majority are not going to side with the mob mentality that has been portrayed. I believe their smart enough to know what really happened.

The people who are not adept in the football community are the ones who will not be able to understand that the entire stadium did not erupt in applause. Which is going to leave them as folks who would never want to come see the truth, even if they were remotely interested in seeing a game before. Basically the same way no one really wants to walk up in jokelands baseball/football stadium.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12