Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Question to all anti-Cassel people

Default Question to all anti-Cassel people

So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian52682 View Post
    So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.
    Cassel's mom to Chiefs Crowd!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post

And may I add, You raised a great kid. Any Mom would be proud and well deserved!

He's a tough, gritty guy with a great blue collar work ethic with a desire to win every time he steps out onto the field IMO. The problem with Cassel is that his talents have not always matched his personality. I like him, but believe that there needs to be real competition at his position. I, also, take into consideration that he, and the rest of the offense, have had a new offensive coordinator in each of the years that Haley was head coach.

the saying goes what have you done for me lately??? im not a Cassel hater. for some reason he's just not focued this year. I do hope he recovers. that's a given for me. but I really think its time for the change. a concussion can be a life/career changer. IMO
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I am not Anti-Cassel, and in fact thought after the first game this year was going to be prove everyone wrong.

My first opinion. Haley has broke him like David Carr got broke playing for Houston. His confidence it gone and right now mentally is to scared to make plays. He would rather dump it off to the RB in the flat for 4 yards than even risk throwing a tough pass down the field, despite the increased number of plays for over 20 yards.

Second opinion, He worked hard all off season even with a QB coach to generate more velocity on his passes. I think it is causing balls to rise out of his hand like a cruise Missle. Passes are sailing high. Also, he is trying to force passes with more velocity and he is missing his targets which are getting tipped for interceptions. He is also throwing balls that he should not be because he thinks he can smoke it by the defender.

When he is faced with Pressuer he makes very poor decisions, despite doing everything he can to make a play.

I like Cassel, and I wanted him to do good and he clearly was hands over better than Quinn in the pre-season and from the practices I watched, but I think the Haley made him damaged goods and the team can not go on with him anymore. Maybe a fresh start with some other team and less pressure will help him.

When I work with someone I tend to have two separate opinions of them. The first is their personality, can I see myself hanging out with them outside of work. The other is their work personality. Do they get the job done and do it well?

Cassel's personality is world class. He's a great guy, loves KC, has a home here, is raising his kids here and does a lot of charity work. So that first personality I really like.

However, Cassel's work personality I don't like. He doesn't get the job done, takes too much time to throw the ball, is inaccurate, doesn't got through progressions, etc.

At any rate that's why I wanted Cassel to be replaced as the QB. As many people said, I like him, I just don't like him as the Chiefs QB.

I really don't think there are many, if any, Cassel-haters here. I think almost everyone here thinks Cassel is a good guy. But for whatever reason he has simply failed. A lot of that failure may not be his fault. And that failure certainly isn't for lack of effort on his part. The ever-changing coaching situation and injuries (to his teammates as well as him) have certainly played a part. But there comes a time when excuses just aren't enough.

He tried. We tried. The team tried.

It didn't work.

It's time to move on.

I don't think anyone hates him as a person he is a straight up individual. But he is not a Top Notch QB and unless you have a Top Notch QB in todays NFL your team is not going to do anything in the playoffs much less make the SB. This team needs a spark and it is not coming from Cassell as much as I wanted it to he lacks something on the field ( a combination of talent and leadership)

as a PSU fan i see some similarities between cassel and Mcgloin [PSU QB], w/one glaring difference. first they both cannot throw the deep ball, always underthrown or thrown too early and beyond reach. deep crossing routes require the receiver to stop dead to catch the ball. generally they are both good at the short pass...up to 20yds.

the BIG difference is the coaching ie..Bill Obrien at PENN STATE recognized these short commings and game plan around it. the last 2 years Mcgloin was a sub 50% passer, this year he is over 60% and is managing the game well. he brought them back w/a 13/15 passing in the 4th qtr for 22pts to win the game.

romeo does not seem to recognize where cassels weaknesses lie. he does not have the physical tools to be a mad bomber nor the laser arm for the needle threading. he needs only to manage the game, throw w/the D thinks run. move the pocket w/under pressure, keep an extra TE in to protect him w/forced to pass. run play action alot. he will never be a good nfl qb, but he may not be a bad one w/some coaching help. Obrien has made Mcgloin look good and he is winnig against all odds, but he will NEVER be an nfl qb, probably not even a backup....but he is playing like a first round pick while cassel is playing like the Mcgloin of the last 2 years making too many mistakes, with only a few good games inbetween just to tease and frustrate the fans.
    The CHIEFS have good personnel and should be a contender this year, i think romeo would be better as our DC, but at the very least needs to hire us a good one. i think cassel could be a good trent dilfer style qb in the right system but the CHIEFS system is not right for him. sometimes looking at statistics just doesn't tell the story, you just have to watch each game and you will see cassel is just not a good starting QB and mcgloins 117 passer rating and 61.7% completion does not a great QB make.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast