Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question to all anti-Cassel people

Default Question to all anti-Cassel people

So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Personally I think Cassel is a very high character person with a great work ethic .. He would do anything to help this team out and to get better.

Unfortunately he just can't get the job done ... I believe if Haley and Pioli hadn't insisted he play every week and would have let him sit and learn or even pulled him during a few of the bad weeks (both for him or for the team in general) and let him learn he would have been a great backup and possibly a good starter. Unfortunately when you pay Lamborghini money for a Chevy it is hard to leave it in the garage.

On the plus side Cassel has made enough money that he and his family should be able to live comfortably the rest of his life and I would imagine he has the skills to do other things in the community / world where if he needed income he could make a reasonable income somewhere else such as running a family business and I believe he would make a great coach at some level ( positional / coordinator or with experience even head coach or assistant.) I just don't want him to suit up as a QB for the Chiefs again.

I'd love to keep Matt as a backup. Just not to any qb we have on the roster

Cassel just isn't a good quarterback. Pretty simple reason really....
    SHUT IT

I am with ya.

Cassel has not been as bad as the stats.

He has like seven INTs that were passes that hit their Target, only to have the target fail.

I think the fumbles are his.biggest problem, and a lot of that is a result of inconsistency in the.pass protection. But that has been my.biggest knock.on the guy this season.

I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right.

That said, whoever starts against The Bucs, I hope plays too well to even consider replacing them.

"I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right."

I DO enjoy this sarcasm...lol
    He sucks. Even you have been wavering in recent posts. That has to hurt;)

BUT, one thing I do agree with you on, is that his INTS arent all justified. Even though he throws a suspect pass, the receiver is paid big bucks to make circus catches, if need be. Still, this doesn't outweigh his overall play, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    "I think most people were already down on Cassel, so they revel in the INTs and suspend reality to pat themselves on the back for being right."

I DO enjoy this sarcasm...lol
    He sucks. Even you have been wavering in recent posts. That has to hurt;)
    He has been sub-par. Had some really good moments and some bad ones.

But then, so has the rest of this team.

I am more disappointed in D-Bowe than I am in Cassel.

I have seen more promise in Cassel's play than I have the rest of the offense, except JC.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He has been sub-par. Had some really good moments and some bad ones.

But then, so has the rest of this team.

I am more disappointed in D-Bowe than I am in Cassel.

I have seen more promise in Cassel's play than I have the rest of the offense, except JC.
    I would love to agree with you but I just haven't seen it. Cassel has gotten MUCH more hate then what he should I 100% agree with that. But I haven't seen much out of Cassel. His fumbles his picks though not all on him but he is a part of it. He is on record pace turnovers wise. At some point when 1 person is at least a part of things that constantly go wrong you have to look at that person I think we are there with Cassel. I hate to say it I spent the summer saying give Cassel a chance and I did. But I don't think Cassel has been showing much of anything except how to throw high passes and turn the ball over.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would love to agree with you but I just haven't seen it. Cassel has gotten MUCH more hate then what he should I 100% agree with that. But I haven't seen much out of Cassel. His fumbles his picks though not all on him but he is a part of it. He is on record pace turnovers wise. At some point when 1 person is at least a part of things that constantly go wrong you have to look at that person I think we are there with Cassel. I hate to say it I spent the summer saying give Cassel a chance and I did. But I don't think Cassel has been showing much of anything except how to throw high passes and turn the ball over.
    D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

The REAL meltdown, for me, is the fanbase.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

The REAL meltdown, for me, is the fanbase.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.
    Please dont start this im so ashamed of the chiefs fans rant again. We know youre horribly ashamed of them all, they are subhuman bloodthirsty animals and should rot for Thier actions. Sorry if 70,000 people let you down. Are you going to protest the fans? Are you going to be able to get past the whole stadiums misdeed? Should you move out of Kansas City, because its a sickening city? Get over it. I have belief in our fans, just like you always expect fans to have belief in the Chiefs. Lead us by example and get over this.
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-10-2012 at 07:47 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast