Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question to all anti-Cassel people

Default Question to all anti-Cassel people

So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

The REAL meltdown, for me, is the fanbase.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.

This is the perfect example of what happens when the fans have had enough! Its been 20 years since we have won a playoff game. For most fans thats not good enough. Obviously it perfectly ok with you.

There were many more good fans there then were bad ones. Mostly the fans have just had it, this team will never win a big year with Cassel, we all know that, that does not make Cassel a bad guy, it just shows that he is NOT the right man for the job.

The fans do not manage this team, nor will they ever do that, however the fans pay ALL the bills and should have a voice in this.

If you are content with winning 3 to 5 games a year then maybe you should consider the Browns as your team. The majority of the Chiefs fans are just not going to stand around and watch things deteriate even more.The Chiefs fans are the Best and most loyal fans in all of football.

Remember its been 20 years! We have waited long enough! I could tell in Cassel's first 5 games that he was NOT the man for the job.

Even you mentioned that the WR's were not playing well. Of coarse they aren't. People, players, soldiers and all of nature tent to follow their leaders.

I'm not even asking you to change your mind because I know you won't. Just could not sit back and be a silent fan.

I LOVE my Chiefs, and EXPECT and DEMAND more!

I even like Cassel, just not as the leader of this offense, even though to tried his very best. He played as hard as he could. He just is NOT the man for the job.

D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.

The REAL meltdown, for me, is the fanbase.

I went to my first ever Chiefs game and had a "You suck" banner being flown around the stadium, and many fans cheering our own player's injury.

I have always had a bad impression of Bears fans, living in Illinois. But I now believe that all teams fans have that in them.

It makes it even.worse seeing the "f*** you ya p***y" attitude that responds to sentiments like mine.
    I'd highly encourage you to make another trip to Arrowhead, what happened Sunday is in no way representative of the Stadium experience. Don't let one god awful set of circumstances lead you to believe that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I'd highly encourage you to make another trip to Arrowhead, what happened Sunday is in no way representative of the Stadium experience. Don't let one god awful set of circumstances lead you to believe that's the way it is.
    I totally agree with this. I think I saw a post where that was your 1st game at Arrowhead, Chief31? (could be wrong)
    Ive ive been to about 90 and i can assure that isnt your typical game experience. I have NEVER heard an accusation like that and ive personally never even seen a fight at the stadium. Im sure they happen, seeings beer is flowing like crazy at a sporting event, but even the opposing fans say they enjoy the experience because no one really gives them a hard time, sometimes not at ALL. Try THAT in Oakland or Philly.
    Anyways, im very defensive about sticking up for moreso what I DIDNT see. I'm sure you saw what you saw. But i had a balanced view on both sides of me and we couldnt believe what was accused. And Eric Winston heard what HE heard and thats fine. I would stand up for my fellow teammate and most likely, his friend, but you sure as Hell better not use the 70,000 number because he has made ALOT of enemies for lumping us together with the rif raf. And its not the medias fault. He floated the number. It falls on him.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Please dont start this im so ashamed of the chiefs fans rant again. We know youre horribly ashamed of them all, they are subhuman bloodthirsty animals and should rot for Thier actions. Sorry if 70,000 people let you down. Are you going to protest the fans? Are you going to be able to get past the whole stadiums misdeed? Should you move out of Kansas City, because its a sickening city? Get over it. I have belief in our fans, just like you always expect fans to have belief in the Chiefs. Lead us by example and get over this.
    ...As if on cue....

I totally agree with this. I think I saw a post where that was your 1st game at Arrowhead, Chief31? (could be wrong)
    Ive ive been to about 90 and i can assure that isnt your typical game experience. I have NEVER heard an accusation like that and ive personally never even seen a fight at the stadium. Im sure they happen, seeings beer is flowing like crazy at a sporting event, but even the opposing fans say they enjoy the experience because no one really gives them a hard time, sometimes not at ALL. Try THAT in Oakland or Philly.
    Anyways, im very defensive about sticking up for moreso what I DIDNT see. I'm sure you saw what you saw. But i had a balanced view on both sides of me and we couldnt believe what was accused. And Eric Winston heard what HE heard and thats fine. I would stand up for my fellow teammate and most likely, his friend, but you sure as Hell better not use the 70,000 number because he has made ALOT of enemies for lumping us together with the rif raf. And its not the medias fault. He floated the number. It falls on him.
    Yeah... It was the comment you quoted to shred me to pieces on.

What a total f***ing hero you are.

I mean, you must be a true humanitarian to tear into me because my first experience of Chiefs fans at Arrowhead was for a gread deal of those fans to humiliate the entierty of Chiefs nation.

Bravo. Pat yourself on the back.

You are truly restoring my faith in the good quality of Chiefs fans.

Way to represent when Chiefs fans' respectability is in question.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    If you are content with winning 3 to 5 games a year then maybe you should consider the Browns as your team. The majority of the Chiefs fans are just not going to stand around and watch things deteriate even more.The Chiefs fans are the Best and most loyal fans in all of football.
    I like THIS TEAM.

Maybe you, the one trying to tell me how great it is to express sush spite for this team, needs to go elsewhere.

I have been plenty vocal about my displeasure about this team.... WHEN WE WERE 2-14!!!!!!

Now that we have significantly improved on that in the recent years, I tend to not be so enraged over a team that I KNOW is better than what they have done so far.

If it enrages fans so much as to cheer your own players getting injured, or to attack the player who stood up for said player, then you are taking it way too seriously.

Yeah... It was the comment you quoted to shred me to pieces on.

What a total f***ing hero you are.

I mean, you must be a true humanitarian to tear into me because my first experience of Chiefs fans at Arrowhead was for a gread deal of those fans to humiliate the entierty of Chiefs nation.

Bravo. Pat yourself on the back.

You are truly restoring my faith in the good quality of Chiefs fans.

Way to represent when Chiefs fans' respectability is in question.

Tear into you? I told you dont give up on going to Chiefs games. I said that group you saw was not representative of what ive always seen? Wtf are you talking about???

Hey, if youre so ashamed to be a chiefs fan right now, form a line and turn in your pass. All ive been doing is dogging Winston for one thing. Lumping the stadium together as THUGS. And all I said was that is about as unfair to this team and these fans and this city. Then he comes back and says, well, it might not have been 70,000 but even if it was 7,000, it was alot. Alittle late to correct the number, d***. Damage DONE. All he had to do is say, like I said in another post, "Hey, justso you guys know, ive been treated great here. Thats why I picked this city. It wasnt everybody but it was a good amount. I just wanna make that known.
    So, YOU were out there and obviously YOU didnt cheer for his injury. But he placed YOU as a culprit. And yet youll defend him to the death. Hey, thanks for sticking up for the people that were innocent of this BS.

Tear into you? I told you dont give up on going to Chiefs games. I said that group you saw was not representative of what ive always seen? Wtf are you talking about???
    Chief I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with KCraised. What are you talking about??

All he said is this isn't what a normal game day is like, don't give up on the team and don't let a few idiots sway what you think a game day is like. How was that tearing into you?

I had season tickets...of course for that year when we went 2-14. Past that I've been to about half a dozen Chiefs games. They are some of the most fun things I've ever experienced. The fans are all friendly, even to opposing fans. Sure there's some back and forth but both sides knew it was friendly. What I saw Sunday was embarrassing to me as a fan.

Then to be lumped into a summary of comments by Winston upset me. Sure he went back later but he's a big boy and has been in the NFL for years. He should have cooled off a bit instead of gathering up every reporter and going off. That comment will be out there...forever. Every time a Chiefs crowd does something suspect or a team has a complaint they'll go back and dig up that rant. I'm not pretending that people didn't applaud someone getting hurt. But what you experienced has been a long time boiling. I'm just sorry you were there for the boil over.

I think that this happening has made the team gel a bit...or so I'm hoping. When a group of people spend as much time together as the players do an insult, any insult will make them come together. Just hoping to see that Sunday.

Please dont start this im so ashamed of the chiefs fans rant again. We know youre horribly ashamed of them all, they are subhuman bloodthirsty animals and should rot for Thier actions. Sorry if 70,000 people let you down. Are you going to protest the fans? Are you going to be able to get past the whole stadiums misdeed? Should you move out of Kansas City, because its a sickening city? Get over it. I have belief in our fans, just like you always expect fans to have belief in the Chiefs. Lead us by example and get over this.
    Read that first quote and tell me that sounds positive to you.

You even went so far as to try and suck in all Chiefs fans to your side, and paint me as going after "70,000".

The fact is that Chiefs fans have always been deemed as being one of the more "classy" fanbases around. And that is not the case right now.

I enjoyed the game. I enjoyed the atmosphere. I enjoyed being around so many other Chiefs fans. But many Chiefs fans failed to live up to the reputation.

I will not hesitate to return. I had a great time there.

But I will have vastly lowered expectations of the fanbase.

I wish I had made some plans to meet up with some folks like Connie for the game. But I was pretty busy, and was not entirely positive I would be able to make it until Friday. And I was on a pretty tight schedule, having to work the next morning, and the 13 hour (round trip) drive.

But If I do get to another game soon, and get to meet up with some Crowd members, then my expectations will be far higher of them.

Not that I have a problem with dissent. I expressed plenty of it Sunday. I don't have a whole lot of lines for expectations of fans. But cheering Cassel's iinjury is on the other side.

It was as-if half the stadium became Timsatt.

THAT should be humiliating to the rest of us.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast