Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Question to all anti-Cassel people

Default Question to all anti-Cassel people

So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Chief I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with KCraised. What are you talking about??

All he said is this isn't what a normal game day is like, don't give up on the team and don't let a few idiots sway what you think a game day is like. How was that tearing into you?

I had season tickets...of course for that year when we went 2-14. Past that I've been to about half a dozen Chiefs games. They are some of the most fun things I've ever experienced. The fans are all friendly, even to opposing fans. Sure there's some back and forth but both sides knew it was friendly. What I saw Sunday was embarrassing to me as a fan.

Then to be lumped into a summary of comments by Winston upset me. Sure he went back later but he's a big boy and has been in the NFL for years. He should have cooled off a bit instead of gathering up every reporter and going off. That comment will be out there...forever. Every time a Chiefs crowd does something suspect or a team has a complaint they'll go back and dig up that rant. I'm not pretending that people didn't applaud someone getting hurt. But what you experienced has been a long time boiling. I'm just sorry you were there for the boil over.

I think that this happening has made the team gel a bit...or so I'm hoping. When a group of people spend as much time together as the players do an insult, any insult will make them come together. Just hoping to see that Sunday.

Thanks, op. I had to start looking back at my posts to see if I screwed up on something. Bottom line, Chief31. Arrowhead is an amazing time. Thats why we spend thousands of dollars on season tickets for years. We love the atmosphere. And I want you to enjoy it. I apologize for getting alittle snappy on my last post.
    We all gotta stick together. Having the Chiefs be in Dire Straits is bad enough. Having the good fanbase get clobbered for idiot's bad choices is just not acceptable. The wagons are circled but we all need to be on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Hey, if youre so ashamed to be a chiefs fan right now, form a line and turn in your pass. All ive been doing is dogging Winston for one thing. Lumping the stadium together as THUGS. And all I said was that is about as unfair to this team and these fans and this city. Then he comes back and says, well, it might not have been 70,000 but even if it was 7,000, it was alot. Alittle late to correct the number, d***. Damage DONE. All he had to do is say, like I said in another post, "Hey, justso you guys know, ive been treated great here. Thats why I picked this city. It wasnt everybody but it was a good amount. I just wanna make that known.
    So, YOU were out there and obviously YOU didnt cheer for his injury. But he placed YOU as a culprit. And yet youll defend him to the death. Hey, thanks for sticking up for the people that were innocent of this BS.
    I was one of them.

The reality is that any toddler knew what he meant. How could I have possibly taken insult from his statement, when I knew that it did not include me, and that I too was not happy with the reaction?

You are thriowing a fit to try and explain the most obvious concept around.

After one Chiefs player was treated unfairly by fans, you want to get all psyched out and go after another one, the guy who stuck up for the first one.

Enjoy. But that is not going to earn respect for the fanbase reputation, just more scars.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I was one of them.

The reality is that any toddler knew what he meant. How could I have possibly taken insult from his statement, when I knew that it did not include me, and that I too was not happy with the reaction?

You are thriowing a fit to try and explain the most obvious concept around.

After one Chiefs player was treated unfairly by fans, you want to get all psyched out and go after another one, the guy who stuck up for the first one.

Enjoy. But that is not going to earn respect for the fanbase reputation, just more scars.
    Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people saying they would never move here, for crying out loud. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.
    Lets oversimplify for you:

Cheering for Cassel injury = BAD
    Eric Winston calling out the aholes = GOOD
    Eric Winston calling out everybody for it = BAD
    Eric Winston sticking up for Cassel = GOOD

Hope this helps.

Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people will never move here, for christ sake. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.

Hope this helps.
    I am with you. Except that I don't think Winston saying "70,000" is even worthy of mention. He was clearly pretty emotional, and spoke from there. No big deal.

And just because a lot of people act like toddlers, doesn't mean that they actually believe that all Chiefs fans cheered for Cassel's injury.

Do you believe that all Eagles fans boo'd Santa Clause?

Nobody does. But it is fun and easy to use when you are trying to p***-off an Eagles fan.

I am with you. Except that I don't think Winston saying "70,000" is even worthy of mention. He was clearly pretty emotional, and spoke from there. No big deal.

And just because a lot of people act like toddlers, doesn't mean that they actually believe that all Chiefs fans cheered for Cassel's injury.

Nobody does. But it is fun and easy to use when you are trying to p***-off an Eagles fan.
    Unfortunately, Chief, its sad to say but the toddlers run the place, sometimes.
    And the Philly/Santa thing has stuck with them for a longtime. And we are 3 days into our new "stigma" we have inherited. Its not to the funny point just yet.
    I'll go on record as to say if People in my large area of the stadium heard someone say "I hope you broke your neck, Cassel", the greater number of Chiefs fans around
    him would deal with him. Thats the people's rep that i'm ranting to protect. We are on the same page but we are focusing on two different parts of the page content.
    Anyways, this subject is getting run through the grinder, as is our patience. Being passionate from both sides is not a crime. We can agree or be civil to agree to disagree. I choose either one.

EDIT* And boo'ing a holiday symbol is alittle of an apple to an orange, when compared to an injured person...shame on you!!!;)
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.

D-Bowe then? JC?

Matt has made some big plays. Would have been more.if not for the dropped passes, turned INTs.
    I agree that Bowe Charles and everyone else needs to take a hit just like Cassel does. They have had moments where on plays they hurt the team more then Cassel. I have no problem admiting that.

But heres the thing. Every qb in the NFL is a victim of bad play around them throughout the year. Cassel has been the Victim of bad play around him as well. And I have said as much. The "cassel haters" Have labeled me an excuse maker many times for doing so. I have still defended him. But we are seeing this at an alarming rate. Is that because of Cassel? Maybe it is. I think we are at the point that we need to look at the other QBs. If they are better for our Wrs then Cassel is. Sometimes someone just doesn't fit with a team. That's not saying that player is horrible or that he sucks it's just that he doesn't fit. Maybe that's the case with Cassel and our talent.

Anther thing is that a lot of the picks have 1 common thing the throw is on the hide side. Now are those passes catchable yes they are. The Wrs have got there hands on a number of them and when they get there hands on a pass they should be caught. BUT at some point you have to see that our WRs can't handle the higher passes and adjust. The job of a qb is to put the ball in the hands of his WR in a point where he can do something with the ball. That is not the high ball with our WRs for the most part. Cassel has failed to make that adjustment. That is Cassel hurting the team as well. Again the blame does not fall on Cassel alone there have been Wrs and Tes that haven't made the plays as well. But there is one constant in 13 turnovers and that is Matt Cassel. There comes a point where you have to see if someone else can do the job better I think that we are at that point right now with Matt Cassel.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Honestly that's kind of funny. Because that's ALL that the national news media has been running.

Do I believe that Eagles fans boo'd Santa? ...I don't know, never heard it until it was brought up because something else happened. Now when something further down the road happens it'll be "Eagles fans boo'd Santa and Chiefs fans applauded one of their players getting hurt". Just because you don't want to believe it or think it'll "go away" doesn't mean it will.

I'm not anti-Cassel. I'm not scoping out his house and tampering with his brake lines. I find it unfortunate that his desire is not proportional to his talent. If he could play QB as well as he wants to, he'd be one of the best.

Sadly he cannot.

I am anti-losing. How can you be a fan of the team and be okay with losing? It isn't like some freak occurence that nobody can puzzle out. Each week the game follows the same kind of pattern which ultimately culminates in the implosion of the QB.

It is obvious to the fans who possess critical thinking skills, it's obvious to the announcers, and it's obvious to the experts who analyze the games afterwards. How can so many people see what is obvious and yet the people who have a front row seat to the car crash each Sunday are oblivious to it?

They cannot be. It's impossible. What's left is a willful disregard for what is best for the team and the persuit of an agenda due to one man's vanity to prove that he is right no matter what. That man isn't Cassel, and I don't blame Cassel for the position he is in.

I record each directv shortcut replay of the games and Cassel looks like a man relieved when he is on the sideline. For him in that instance, for however long, at least it's over. He doesn't have to go under center and be the catalyst of our anger for the people we really hold responsible. Pioli mainly, and Hunt by association for his apparent lack of concern for the franchise.

If Quinn starts, regardless if the outcome is a positive, atleast something DIFFERENT is being attempted and finally the team will stop trying to slam a round peg through a square hole.

The people on here who exclaim that if we were real fans we would support the Chiefs and not be critical of them are of the same mentality as those who claim people critical of the government are not patriotic. It's obviously flawed logic, it doesn't fly and you who have attempted to peddle it should at the least be embarassed for trying to play that card to win an argument.

Well, you dont watch the news much. Obviously ALOT of national citizens have reacted harshly and vented how they think we are pieces of S***. ive seen multiple posts on national sites of people saying they would never move here, for crying out loud. So your toddler sarcasm is not quite accurate.

Hope this helps.
    THIS
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Thanks, op. I had to start looking back at my posts to see if I screwed up on something. Bottom line, Chief31. Arrowhead is an amazing time. Thats why we spend thousands of dollars on season tickets for years. We love the atmosphere. And I want you to enjoy it. I apologize for getting alittle snappy on my last post.
    We all gotta stick together. Having the Chiefs be in Dire Straits is bad enough. Having the good fanbase get clobbered for idiot's bad choices is just not acceptable. The wagons are circled but we all need to be on the same side.
    CLASSY POST!!!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast