Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Question to all anti-Cassel people

Default Question to all anti-Cassel people

So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    I'm not anti-Cassel. I'm not scoping out his house and tampering with his brake lines. I find it unfortunate that his desire is not proportional to his talent. If he could play QB as well as he wants to, he'd be one of the best.

Sadly he cannot.

I am anti-losing. How can you be a fan of the team and be okay with losing? It isn't like some freak occurence that nobody can puzzle out. Each week the game follows the same kind of pattern which ultimately culminates in the implosion of the QB.

It is obvious to the fans who possess critical thinking skills, it's obvious to the announcers, and it's obvious to the experts who analyze the games afterwards. How can so many people see what is obvious and yet the people who have a front row seat to the car crash each Sunday are oblivious to it?

They cannot be. It's impossible. What's left is a willful disregard for what is best for the team and the persuit of an agenda due to one man's vanity to prove that he is right no matter what. That man isn't Cassel, and I don't blame Cassel for the position he is in.

I record each directv shortcut replay of the games and Cassel looks like a man relieved when he is on the sideline. For him in that instance, for however long, at least it's over. He doesn't have to go under center and be the catalyst of our anger for the people we really hold responsible. Pioli mainly, and Hunt by association for his apparent lack of concern for the franchise.

If Quinn starts, regardless if the outcome is a positive, atleast something DIFFERENT is being attempted and finally the team will stop trying to slam a round peg through a square hole.

The people on here who exclaim that if we were real fans we would support the Chiefs and not be critical of them are of the same mentality as those who claim people critical of the government are not patriotic. It's obviously flawed logic, it doesn't fly and you who have attempted to peddle it should at the least be embarassed for trying to play that card to win an argument.
    When you lose for sooo long its easy to be complacent. I mean Carl only one 3 playoff games in his tenure and thats because we had one of the best denenses to have ever played the game and gave joe montana the 2 years more he wanted to play. I mean Im a royals fan, a mizzou tigers fan a blues fan. I was 8 when the royals won a world series I barley remember being excited. Some of us are just used to it. Every time I seem to get excited about my teams I get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    CLASSY POST!!!!!
    Thanks, man. Im due for one here and there. Ill take one when I can get one...lol
    My sarcasm has been getting the best of me and I need to tone it down. Frustration is the key word and dont need to voice it that much to the Chiefs brothren. We will have our day and im pretty sure this group will be there to savor it!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    When you lose for sooo long its easy to be complacent. I mean Carl only one 3 playoff games in his tenure and thats because we had one of the best denenses to have ever played the game and gave joe montana the 2 years more he wanted to play. I mean Im a royals fan, a mizzou tigers fan a blues fan. I was 8 when the royals won a world series I barley remember being excited. Some of us are just used to it. Every time I seem to get excited about my teams I get crushed.
    I've had Royals season tickets forever. Good Lord, that a whole other story. I was at the 11-0 final game of the World series in 85' as a youngster. 27 years of luke warm to just horrid ball. 27+18 years of no playoff wins for the Chiefs=45 years...45 years of collective heartbreak. Man, this is getting depressing.
    Anybody wanna grab some Sporting KC season tickets? Lol
    Last edited by KCraised; 10-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    THIS
    Thats it, in a nutshell. Im totally cool with 3 of those 4. I know he was hot but...whatever, damage done on both sides. Our hooligans and Winstons emotions got us swimming upstream even steeper. Hell, we are hardened fans, used to adversity. Will be interesting to see the next home game. Maybe I dont wanna see....

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I've had Royals season tickets forever. Good Lord, that a whole other story. I was at the 11-0 final game of the World series in 85' as a youngster. 27 years of luke warm to just horrid ball. 27+18=45 years...45 years of combined heartbreak. Man, this is getting depressing.
    Anybody wanna grab some Sporting KC season tickets? Lol

yeah didn't the wizard win a mls championship before they changed names. I guess soccer is the next thing to get into to seems to be gaining traction.

the funny thing is that most think that before 2020 the royals are gonna be the domiant baseball team. Sports Illustrated claims that by 2015 we will have all star caliber at every position.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    yeah didn't the wizard win a mls championship before they changed names. I guess soccer is the next thing to get into to seems to be gaining traction.

the funny thing is that most think that before 2020 the royals are gonna be the domiant baseball team. Sports Illustrated claims that by 2015 we will have all star caliber at every position.
    Our farm team is the crown jewel of MLB. Chalked full of future superstars and players already brought up. Our problem is small market. We end up being a farm team for the majors. They all take off, eventually. Even George Brett said at the All Star game that a future star is good for 5 years here and then he defects. David Glass is a penny pincher and killing this team. New ownership needed badly.
    Never got into Soccer but Sporting KC looks like alot of fun. Packed houses, alot of passionate fans, and winners...lol
    Sorry for the hijacked thread;)

I read you guys all the time. Nobody hates cassel, just losing but were not losing, the chiefs are getting slaughtered!!! This week was the only game that was close and unfortunately it was because cassel didn't throw, imagine if he did? The whole team has given up on him along with the fanbase and it is completely understandable. I remember went Trent green got a concussion I was blown away for two reasons, he got hurt and he was our leader. Trent gave me hope no matter who we played. Matt doesn't, he makes me nervous as hell. I'm sure he's a great guy but he still doesn't give me ANY reason to think he will get the chiefs to the playoffs. I hated seeing him get hurt but I'd be lying if I wasn't pumped for Quinn to play. I played college lacrosse and was knocked out playing against west point, still don't remember that afternoon. I've had numerous concussions but knocked completely out only once so I feel for him. I also have missed only two games since 93 and have never even been to Kansas city, I'm ready to at least try to save the season, I love the chiefs! I am going to the Tampa game since I live here and am upset to see an egg head like Winston whether he is right or wrong, cause a rift between fans. Who the hell is he anyway? He's been a chief for a couple months and he understands the frustrations of the fanbase? Lol, what a jerk. We all know it's rude to cheer an injury but when ridding your horse in to save the day watch who you crap on. Cassel, feel better. Fans, have a beer and a hug. Winston, do your job, play football.

Quote Originally Posted by LargoChief View Post
    This week was the only game that was close and unfortunately it was because cassel didn't throw, imagine if he did?
    Haha, I love this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Haha, I love this line.
    He threw. He had a first down completion when he got knocked out. He didn't throw much is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian52682 View Post
    So I am curious and just was wondering if someone could give me a rational argument as to why so many people are calling for Cassels head and loathe him so much.

He was a solid pro bowl quarterback in 2010 and got off to a shaky start before getting hurt last year and now he is coming back from an injury. Quarterbacks are always shaky coming back from an injury and their play can be inconsistent. Peyton Manning had some real bad games as did Tim Brady after his knee injury. I guess I'm curious as to why so many people despise Cassels when there are so many other glaring holes on this team and he has proven to be a pro bowl caliber quarterback.

he was not a pro bowl qb in 2010,he was a replacement for an injured player.also that year which he had good numbers was against all garbage teams,we had the bottom feeders that year and some of us could have had the same success that year.cassel sucks,thats the bottom line.we need a new qb and we need one now.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast