Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Quinn

Default Brady Quinn

If Quinn gets the start this weekend, I am really hoping the kid has found the spark and the motivation to become a quality player in the NFL. He had tremendous talent in college and I feel like he has not really been given a chance with a team behind him. Even when he was starting in Cleveland he was always jerked back and forth between Anderson and Quinn. In Denver he never was really considered for anything.

I think we can all agree that Stanzi is just not the guy, so I hope that Quinn takes this opportunity and comes out strong. We are not out of the playoff race and if Quinn can take control and lead this team through the rest of the season, we have every reason to believe we could still make the playoffs.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't follow College that much, but has Geno played any great Defenses?

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I don't follow College that much, but has Geno played any great Defenses?
    This year Texas has been the best defense he's gone against. He goes up against the K-State D Oct. 20th and then the Oklahoma D Nov. 17th. Past that you're going to have to wait for a bowl game and what'll probably end up being a game against an SEC opponent. Although TCU might be an interesting defense for him to face.

Against Texas though he was a paltry 25/35 (71% completion) for 268 yards and 4 TD's. He did apparently get sacked several times though 6 rushes for -33 yards. College still considers sacks as negative rushing yardage for those that didn't know.

NOT interested in Geno AT ALL. He's going to be the next big bust.

Y'all need to remember that Quinn is the same guy who has been unable to beat out Tim Tebow (who can't beat out Sanchez), Matt Cassel, and Kyle Orton.

Expectations should be tempered.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

Y'all need to remember that Quinn is the same guy who has been unable to beat out Tim Tebow (who can't beat out Sanchez), Matt Cassel, and Kyle Orton.

I agree that Quinn is not the answer, but in the same sense I think he gives us a better chance that Cassel ever has.

I have only recently been watching Geno Smith and have relly liked what I saw. I know he has flaws but really have not seen them. Can you explain what and why you think he may be a bust? I am very open minded on him and just don't see it.

We'll agree to disagree on Geno. The guy has accuracy, moves the pocket and makes quick decisions. I'm not sure what your reasons are for thinking he'd ever be a bust.

On Quinn we're also talking about a HC that got fired for choosing Tebow over Quinn. Quinn has talent and has lived under a bad set of circumstances. No talent in Cleveland, a HC in Denver that was in love with Tebow and a GM in KC that's in love with Cassel.

I will borrow the meme of Charlie Sheen and go with Duh, Quinning!! I saw that somewhere else but thought it was worth a laugh.

I think he's mentally weak and just another thug from WVU. He's selfish and has ZERO humility. He taunts opposing fans and talks trash back and forth. That SCREAMS mental weakness from a "franchise QB." Is this kid talented? Absolutely. However, his personality reminds me of another supremely talented mobile QB from Virginia.

I think you're looking at a cross between V. Young and M. Vick. I wouldn't expect a G.M. who has drafted Brady, Cassel, and Stanzi to go for a QB like that... thank goodness.

I expect Geno Smith to have a better career than V. Young, but honestly, it's probably 50/50. Those kids don't give a **** about anything but themselves and we've all witnessed that over and over again. Risking a high draft pick on ANYONE from the Virginia base is WAY too risky IMO.... they just have a HORRIBLE track record and it's not worth it.

It's taken how many years for the franchise to get over their last first round QB bust... do we REALLY want them to go after a kid like this from Virginia?

I sure as hell don't... Matt Barkley neither.

Here is a nice video of Geno in the Orange bowl which should give you an idea of where he was last year in a high stakes game.

I think he's mentally weak and just another thug from WVU. He's selfish and has ZERO humility. He taunts opposing fans and talks trash back and forth. That SCREAMS mental weakness from a "franchise QB." Is this kid talented? Absolutely. However, his personality reminds me of another supremely talented mobile QB from Virginia.

I think you're looking at a cross between V. Young and M. Vick. I wouldn't expect a G.M. who has drafted Brady, Cassel, and Stanzi to go for a QB like that... thank goodness.

I expect Geno Smith to have a better career than V. Young, but honestly, it's probably 50/50. Those kids don't give a **** about anything but themselves and we've all witnessed that over and over again. Risking a high draft pick on ANYONE from the Virginia base is WAY too risky IMO.... they just have a HORRIBLE track record and it's not worth it.

It's taken how many years for the franchise to get over their last first round QB bust... do we REALLY want them to go after a kid like this from Virginia?

Yessir. The comparison to rgiii is inaccurate. Maybe talent wise but its soooo much more than that. Geno is a prima Donna no thank you. The qb out of Louisiana Monroe, kolton browning is a name to watch folks.

QB Geno Smith: I can play better | Yardbarker.com

It's an article about the Baylor vs West Virginia game. Geno doesn't make a snarky comment, doesn't come off as a punk. I haven't seen a single instance of this so I'd like to see a video or some kind of news article. Not doubting just want to educate myself so I'm not pushing for Geno if that's true.

But my bigger question is are you really going to judge a QB because he "taunts opposing fans"? If so then Matt Cassel screams mentally weak too. He told his own fans to "shut the **** up".

While there's still a lot of football to go and then the whole interviewing process I think Geno will be vetted between now and the draft. Until then his football games and stats are all I have past this article.

this kid strictly runs a shotgun offense, but he has been scarey accurate, even against good defenses. even nfl teams...pats, broncos,etc run alot of shotgun so he may transition well to the pros anyway. lets wait and see how he and the CHIEFS finish out their seasons
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast