Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My take on all this (been a long time).

Default My take on all this (been a long time).

I made a case for Matt Cassel coming here when we signed him. I do think that there was some unwarranted hate for the man before he had a chance to prove himself. I acknowledge his time here has been anything but easy. I think he seems like a good guy with a good work ethic and I'm sorry things didn't turn out better on both ends of this deal. I hope he makes a full, speedy recovery and lives a long, happy life. That being said, I do not want to see him under center again in a Chiefs uniform.

After watching him play for the last few seasons, I really don't think Matt Cassel should have been on the field to get injured in the first place. His lackluster performance and turnovers aside, the guy has always looked like a deer in the headlights with pass rushers coming down on him. He just doesn't seem quite athletic enough to evade or absorb hits over a prolonged career in the NFL. I haven't been able to help but think that he was going to eventually get killed out there over the last couple of years. I vividly remember when Trent Green tried to take-off for a run in the twilight of his career against the Bengals when he got knocked out. It was horrible and I get that same feeling in my gut that I'm about to see something terrible each time Cassel is about to take a hit.

Speaking of that hit on Green, I also remember watching Damon Huard get us into the playoffs just to get benched in favor of Green so we could watch that train wreck. While Trent Green did a lot for the Chiefs in his time at QB and I agreed with him getting a shot, Damon Huard at least earned a chance that he never got when it was obvious that Green just wasn't what he had been before. This is just another example of this organization's LOOOOOONG history of playing politics rather than football at quarterback.

A prolonged lack of quality on the field has led to disappointment from the fans that has now grown into hostility. We have a divided fan base and an organization that's all at odds with each other-- a perfect storm that culminated into what we saw and heard on Sunday.

I'm not sure those people who cheered when Cassel went down did so because someone got hurt. While I'm not making excuses for the atrocious behavior of a few drunken hecklers I did hear in the audio, I think maybe most who cheered did so because that was the ONLY possible way that we were ever going to get someone else an opportunity under center. Maybe they were cheering for the thinnest ray of hope as there was NO WAY our gutless head coach and GM would have EVER benched the 66 million dollar man. Will Brady Quinn be our savior? Probably not but Chiefs fans have been drowning in a sea of misery for so long that some will see even the thinnest of threads as a lifeline to drag them up from the abyss.

Besides, anybody who has watched this team for the last 20 years and still hasn't become numbed to the point of hardly giving a damn has to be at least marginally insane. So Matt Cassel got hurt and some insane people cheered... It should have been left at that.

Instead, the same Chris Berman that shared a chuckle with Tom Jackson about Robert Griffin III sustaining a concussion Sunday scolds Chiefs fans on Monday night while fabricating a lie on national TV by saying Matt Cassel was "carted off" the field. I distinctly remember these jackwagons showing highlights of players getting leveled by devastating hits while screaming "HE GOT JACKED UP!" a few years back. It's hard to miss the irony here.

Mike Ditka, who made a career out of crushing people on the football field and regularly complains about the wussification of modern football, slammed chiefs fans for being drunken barbarians. Eric Winston, the player who's comments sparked this firestorm, spoke on radio shows a few months ago about how the players should have held out longer for a better CBA because the current one handed too much authoritarian power to Goodell as comissioner. Winston made these statements in response to the heavy-handed punishments and suspensions levied against the Saints by the league for paying bounties to defensive players for injuring opposing team members and knocking them out of games. Howver, in today's news world, facts evidently don't matter when you've got a story on your hands...

Apparently, ESPN has now joined the ranks of FOX, CNN, and MSNBC as completely-spun BS propaganda outlets that serve an agenda. The fact that there is no actual, factual television news reporting left in America-- not even in sports-- is absolutely and undeniably pathetic.

Now, people are all worked-up over an exaggerated story about how inhumane it is to cheer a concussion to a football player. I'd wager most of these people support spreading more "democracy" across the world with bombs and bullets as if hundreds of thousands of deaths aren't enough already. The hypocrisy train rolls on...

So Chiefs fans will be subsequently crucified, torched, and tossed under the bus. Analysts across the country are drooling all over themselves at an opportunity to make KC look like a bunch of redneck barbarians (their disdain for the Chiefs has been obvious through the years).

Meanwhile, nobody is talking about how these guys are 1-4, leading the league in giveaways, and have not had a lead even once during regulation in any game this season.

Nobody is talking about how the Chiefs were the only team to find the end zone in Sunday's game (twice) but the scores were nullified by garbage refs that are no better than the scabs that replaced them while they were striking for more money to throw games on crap calls (this is far from the first time I thought a chunk of the owners in the league may still have an axe to grind from the AFL days). For the record, the Falcons ran that same pick play on us a dozen times or more in week 1 and I watched the Patriots doing the same thing to the Broncos just this past Sunday. Flacco's fumble can go right up there with the "simultaneous possession" fiasco between the Packers and Seahawks a few weeks ago in the BS category.

...but we're not talking about football. We're talking about how "horrible" and "classless" the fans are in KC...

The front office, coaches, and players are probably welcoming the distraction as the people that made all of these dudes rich take the heat. Chiefs fans keep paying for gold and getting dung in return. At a time where these guys SHOULD be taking flak from the fans, they have been turned into martyrs and the fans that have carried them on their backs for so long are now put on the defensive as their integrity is assaulted as a whole. Eric Winston was right about one thing, this whole mess is sickening and stinks to high heaven. It's sad that after 20 years, I doubt I'd give half a damn if Clark Hunt moved this "team" to LA tomorrow...

I really don't think I can stomach watching this franchise ruin Jamaal Charles' career/life by expecting him to run the ball 500 times this season. This guy is a special talent and it will be unforgivable to burn him out in one (losing) season.

I still want to give Romeo a hug. He seems like a really great, nice person. He just doesn't seem to be a very good coach. Running Jamaal Charles into the ground and risking his health/career to isolate your QB from mistakes/criticism is about as poor as game planning gets. Hire a true head coach or defensive coordinator. We have the defensive version of Todd Haley one year after letting him go...

Brian Daboll sucks. We passed on Al Saunders for this guy?! Really?! <facepalm> His offenses couldn't score in Cleveland and Miami and his offense can't score here in KC. Who DIDN'T see this coming?

Scott f'in Pioli is the most overrated trash that has EVER been pawned-off on this franchise. You could combine Todd Blacklidge, Steve Bono, Elvis Grbac, and Matt Cassel and still not be even in the same ballpark of BS hype masking the utter incompetence of this current GM. I really didn't think there was any way in hell it would be possible to do worse than Carl Peterson. I was wrong.

I've been through bad times and the not-so-bad times but now is an all-time low to be a Chiefs fan.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Sorry, but you are starting to sound like you flunked biology class. It is physically impossible to tell if one is lying from their eyes. The eyes don't speak verbally, the mouth does.

Perhaps you should consider pulling Pioli's tongue out of his head next time you meet up with him. That way nobody will have to worry about whether he lies or tells the truth.
    Actually it's been proven that by looking at a persons eyes you can discern a few things about if that person is telling the truth or not.

People that are lying will tend to blink more. This one has been challenged and some people just by nature blink more than others. But on average if you're lying you blink more. I've seen it...and made the offending party pay in poker too.

When someone looks up and to the right they are accessing the creative side of their brain (aka making up a lie). When they're looking up and to the left they're accessing their memory and recalling an image of the memory. Both of these patterns have been found to be true and it's how the human brain accesses and deals with information.

To give you an example a study was done. I don't know how many people they did but lets say for simplicity sake it was 100 people. They hooked up 100 people to a lie detector and took them through a test. The lie detector got it right (that they were lying) around 80% of the time. Then they put them in front of an elite poker player and went through the same test. The poker players blew away the lie detector test and got it right (that they were lying) over 90% of the time.
    Last edited by OPLookn; 10-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post

I know it's terribly inconvenient when someone comes on here and disagrees with you. It's so terrible you have to send multiple warnings to thier account while people who argue the same position as yours say much worse things without any kind of repercussion.

You can do whatever you want in terms of this forum, it really isn't a big deal to me. It's too bad however that nothing you do on here will make Pioli a better GM or Cassel a better QB.
    IslandKing77.....

Look....You are a Chiefs fan and I respect that. I sometimes disagree with you but I always treat your posts with some modicum of respect. As Chiefs fans we should EXPECT that from each other. No matter how much we disagree on a particular issue.

You calling Connie Jo "Trollie Jo" was WAY OUT OF BOUNDS. She is at the very least every bit as much a Chiefs fan as you and therefore you should treat her with at least as much respect as every Chiefs fan should show another.

You OWE her an apology. Not for disagreeing with her but for suggesting that she is a troll.

Be a man and do what is right.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    IslandKing77.....

Look....You are a Chiefs fan and I respect that. I sometimes disagree with you but I always treat your posts with some modicum of respect. As Chiefs fans we should EXPECT that from each other. No matter how much we disagree on a particular issue.

You calling Connie Jo "Trollie Jo" was WAY OUT OF BOUNDS. She is at the very least every bit as much a Chiefs fan as you and therefore you should treat her with at least as much respect as every Chiefs fan should show another.

You OWE her an apology. Not for disagreeing with her but for suggesting that she is a troll.

YEAH! What he said. Calling someone as respectful as Connie a troll is simply ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    YEAH! What he said. Calling someone as respectful as Connie a troll is simply ignorant.
    THIS

Connie Jo might not be right 100% in any of our eyes but she has the right to her opinion on things and for the most part she tells you what she bases her logic on. There's nothing trolling in that. Nothing at all. Just because someone doesn't share the common opinion doesn't mean that they are a troll .
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    IslandKing77.....

Since I can only rep this comment once, I feel the need to reply with.it.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Actually it's been proven that by looking at a persons eyes you can discern a few things about if that person is telling the truth or not.

People that are lying will tend to blink more. This one has been challenged and some people just by nature blink more than others. But on average if you're lying you blink more. I've seen it...and made the offending party pay in poker too.

When someone looks up and to the right they are accessing the creative side of their brain (aka making up a lie). When they're looking up and to the left they're accessing their memory and recalling an image of the memory. Both of these patterns have been found to be true and it's how the human brain accesses and deals with information.

To give you an example a study was done. I don't know how many people they did but lets say for simplicity sake it was 100 people. They hooked up 100 people to a lie detector and took them through a test. The lie detector got it right (that they were lying) around 80% of the time. Then they put them in front of an elite poker player and went through the same test. The poker players blew away the lie detector test and got it right (that they were lying) over 90% of the time.
    So what? In either case, it was not 100% foolproof. Whether anyone likes it or not, only God Almighty can get it right 100% of the time. Therefore, there is no way I can accept Connie Jo's statement as being substantial, when you just stated that there were failures in each case.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Also was Pioli willing to take a chance on Jimmy Clausen with one of those two 2nd round picks in 2010, even though Clausen had played under the new Chiefs OC Weis in 2009 and had a great year?
    Sorry to pick on one statement, but Jimmy Clausen ... seriously?

Dont you think that fact that Weis was the OC had anything to do with them NOT picking Clausen. Like maybe Weis knew he was seriously overrated, and is why he is now a backup QB.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    3. Todd Haley. This was a mistake there were some more proven football coaches out there Head coaches out there and Pioli went with a guy known for being a hot head who had zero head coaching background. This one was a mistake IMO the biggest that Pioli has made. This is the biggest black eye on Pioli that I see. Haleys hot headed actions made this team suffer. He was at times an embarrassment to both himself and the Chiefs franchise. This one there is no defending. Haley was as big of a mistake as people think.
    Im going to be the guy that doesnt hate the Todd Haley hiring. Yes, wait for it.

It was what this team needed at the time.

Remember the first offseason he was here? How out of shape all the players were and all the conditioning he made them do? The angry, control freak that was Haley was needed to start the team on the path to being a contender again. Herm Edwards left us with a lazy, out of shape team that couldnt compete in the 4th quarter (if I recall, we lost quite a few games Herm's last season in the 4th quarter).

In retrospect, he maybe wasnt the best head coach and he may have set us back a year or two. Honestly, it sounds like the worst thing that happened to us was winning the division in 2010, because I wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt because of his issues with Weis.

Yes, I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda. But it is something I have thought for awhile and just wanted to put it out there.

Also, for the record, I still dont hold it against Pioli for getting TJax. I dont think he is a bust. No he wont get us 10 sacks a season or even get a bunch of tackles. But I have to wonder how good Hali, DJ, Houston, et al would be with someone who wasnt as good as TJax. We needed a 3-4 DE. Should we have traded down? Yes. Was anyone willing to trade with us? Probably not (remember this was pre-CBA/rookie salary scale). Also, when a GM takes over, they usually dont fire all the scouts until after the 1st draft. They keep the scouts that are in place because there isnt time to hire new people and get them up to speed on the college game. A lot of the scouts were let go between the draft and the season starting.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post

I know it's terribly inconvenient when someone comes on here and disagrees with you. It's so terrible you have to send multiple warnings to thier account while people who argue the same position as yours say much worse things without any kind of repercussion.

You can do whatever you want in terms of this forum, it really isn't a big deal to me. It's too bad however that nothing you do on here will make Pioli a better GM or Cassel a better QB.
    Not one bit inconvenient to me.

I'm incredably disappointed Connie is what being a chiefs fan is!!! Agree or disagree with her..whatever but never ever disrespect a fellow fan. !!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast